EVOLUTION by Thompson - Premium Wireless Hair Dryer
EVOLUTION by Thompson - Premium Wireless Hair Dryer
Meet Evolution: THE WORLD’S FIRST PREMIUM, WIRELESS (CORDLESS), RECHARGEABLE, MICRO-AIR CLEANING, ULTRA QUIET HAIRDRYER (blow dryer)
Meet Evolution: THE WORLD’S FIRST PREMIUM, WIRELESS (CORDLESS), RECHARGEABLE, MICRO-AIR CLEANING, ULTRA QUIET HAIRDRYER (blow dryer) Read more
EVOLUTION by Thompson is the world’s first premium wireless, rechargeable hair dryer that offers freedom, flexibility, and a super-charged airflow that you won’t find in any other hairdryer.
Its sleek, ergonomic design allows users to comfortably work on their own hair or that of clients hassle free. The state-of-the-art micro air filtering system and a self-perfecting ceramic heating element helps protect hair from breakage and heat damage. EVOLUTION by Thompson is also committed to providing the QUIETEST hair dryer in the industry.
Featuring a super-charged airflow and an accelerated hair drying ability, the EVOLUTION by Thompson hair dryer is the future of hair styling. Users will be able to treat their hair to the latest evolving technology.
EVOLUTION by Thompson is committed to giving back to the community with a donation made from every limited edition hair dryer sold. EVOLUTION by Thompson Product Pink, Product Red, and Cobalt Blue will have a percentage of revenue donated to Breast Cancer Research, Product Red work in Africa, and youth development programs, respectively. The percentage of proceeds of the Classic Black unit will go to the 'J. Thompson Consulting Limited Business Leaders Of Tomorrow' scholarship fund.
EVOLUTION by Thompson is sure to be on the wish lists of many customers. Its leading technology will revolutionize the way hair is dried and styled. With no wires to contend with, users are sure to enjoy the EVOLUTION by Thompson's freedom and flexibility. A fully charged battery gives users up to a recorded thirty minutes of drying capability (based off current circuit board prototype).
Available at evolutionbythompson.com, customers are encouraged to check online in order to receive updates on availability and estimated delivery dates. Fully backed with up to a one-year warranty, consumers can fully enjoy the revolutionary hair dryer without any concerns.
EVOLUTION by Thompson is a Canadian-based company whose hair dryers feature unique ergonomics and cordless technology to improve ease and speed of use. EVOLUTION by Thompson has revolutionized the hair care industry by cutting the cord to traditional styling and they have said goodbye to not being able to hear yourself think when you are using your hair dryer. Not to mention offering the worlds first micro-air cleaning system, build standard into every unit.
Each hair dryer is carefully hand inspected and charged to 75% before it gets shipped to the end customer. This extensive testing ensures that users are getting a premium product. With EVOLUTION by Thompson, the customer will never be without a dryer. If there is any problems with the product, the customer will just have to contact us, and we will arrange to overnight a new product. *
EVOLUTION by Thompson ensures that all aspects of production adhere to the most stringent environmental standards, and is an inclusive employer that provides work opportunities for people with intellectual and physical disabilities. We pride ourselves in producing as much of the EVOLUTION here in Kingston Ontario, Canada!
- Final design patents: We have the design patent pending in the United States, Canada and Mexico but we still have to file applications in a variety of other major countries worldwide. Patents are also very expensive when the application is approved and additional funds are required for final filing.
- Utility patent: Our double handle design is just the beginning of the intellectual property behind the hair dryer. Raising capital will give us the funds required to protect every aspect of the hair dryer in the general market. Including but not limited to our custom charger station and circuit board to maximize battery life.
- Final line production facility setup: As you can imagine it is expensive to buy the moulds needed and the custom supplies required to purchase premium internal products. It is easy to make small batches of 100 units at a time, however, anything above 100 units is costly when made by hand. With robotic assistant assembly we have been able to perfect the art of manufacturing the EVOLUTION to the highest quality standards. However, we have to replicate these robotic assembly lines if once finished research and development we are going to be able to keep up with expected demand.
- Marketing: How do people know that this is a product they want? We have started our online social media campaign however, additional marketing is still required to get the word out about this new product that is almost ready for the mass market.
Let's Break it Down:
- Kickstarter Fee
- Credit Card Fees
- 1) AC/DC Charger & Charger Box
- 2) Fan Blade
- 3) Hair Dryer Rear Filter
- 4) Finger Vent
- 5) Fan Housing
- 6) Heating Element Housing
- 7) Front Grate
- 8) Concentrated Diffuser
- 9) Wide Diffuser
- 10) Packaging
- Reward Fulfillment
- Lawyer Fees
- Shareholder Agreement
- Design Patent Application Fees
- Design Patent Filing Fees
- Video production and website completion
- Video 1 - Detailed Product Overview
- Video 2 - Product Specifications Video
- Video 3 - "Why We Do It" Video
- Video 4 - Industry Live Test Video
- Website stock photography
- Website product photography
- Media campaign
- Final Third Party Testing & Development
- Subtotal: $500,000
* No funds raised through this Kickstarter will be donated directly to our charities we support, donations will be made at the end of each fiscal year from a portion of company profits *
- Winter 2015 - Crowd Funding + Final Third Party Research & Development + Final Utility Patents Filed + Production Facility Set Up + Completion of first 100 finished products for review + Marketing campaign and video production
- Spring 2015 - Preordering & Product Assembly + First Product Shipped
- Fall 2015 - Research & Development on future products
The Benefits of EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION by Thompson represents a change in the four distinct areas of weakness in the hair care industry, EVOLUTION offers:
1) Wireless & Rechargeable Technology - The first of its kind in the premium hair care industry, featuring a custom designed battery pack.
2) Ultra Quiet Sound - An industry rate of approximately 95 db of sound per dryer on the market. With leading competition ranging from approximately 91-93 db. EVOLUTION by Thompson currently sits at 55 db of sound.
3) Micro Air Cleaning Filtration - Not only do you never have to worry about hair and dirt being sucked into the rear filtration. EVOLUTION maximizes the TiO2 photo catalytic internal coating effects, activated by UV lighting to kill 99.9% of bacteria and toxins in the air.
4) Customer Centered - The most personal experience and best warranty program available of any product in the hair care industry.
Once we had proven concept, then we modelled the hair dryer down to its smallest dimensions to create a revolutionary new design. We took this design to the 3D printer, as shown below. (If you have ever used a 3D printer before, imagine the support material required, and you guessed it, it took almost two months to get it to print like this).
After we finalized our design, we got on the next plane to China. Here we worked closely with moulding, heating element, and battery suppliers to develop the custom imports we require.
Check out below to see our first injection mould at work making our very own shells, right here in Canada!
THE WORLD’S FIRST PREMIUM, WIRELESS, RECHARGEABLE HAIR DRYER
A lightweight ergonomic design with super-charged micro-air cleaning and revolutionary sound dispersement technology.
Designed and made in Canada, EVOLUTION by Thompson features a revolutionary, state-of-the-art technology, and a minimalistic look. Lightweight and ergonomically designed, EVOLUTION by Thompson is well suited to both home and professional use.
EVOLUTION BY THOMPSON FREES YOU!
No more loud dryers, no more tangled cords, or standing in the same spot, EVOLUTION by Thompson frees you!
Get that “Just Left the Salon Look” whenever, wherever.
EVOLUTION by Thompson blows its non-rechargeable professional-length 9' cord competition away with a state-of-the-art micro air filtering system and a self-perfecting ceramic heating element that protects your hair from breakage and heat damage.
Here at EVOLUTION by Thompson we pride ourselves in the products we produce. This is why every hair dryer is carefully tested before being placed in final packaging. However, we understand life happens. If there are any problems with your rEVOLUTIONary new product contact us and we will do our best to help resolve all problems.
We are very excited to finish our final research & development process after setting up for manufacturing here in CANADA. We need your help to make this dream reality. Every donation, no matter how big or how small will make all the difference in the world.
Thank you in advance for your support!
From everyone at JTC/JTT!
Learn a little more here:
Risks and challenges
When it comes to fulfillment, every project has potential obstacles, from production delays to permits and collaborator mishaps.
- You name the problem and we have experienced it. Everything from sourcing production in China to acquiring product from China to Canada for production purposes, we have experienced many obstacles throughout the entrepreneurial start-up. However, it is a matter of consulting with friends and family who have the industry experience to guide you through the process. People have been in business for a very long time, and have all experienced many obstacles. These are the contacts that can provide you with the tools and contacts you require to make it through your own obstacles, because they have done it themselves.
What unique challenges might you face after your project is successfully funded?
- Final design patents; we have the design patent pending in the United States, Canada and Mexico, but we still have to file worldwide before the product is officially launched to be able to meet intellectual property laws in a variety of countries (including Europe) who have very strict policies.
- Utility patent; we need to file three of these worldwide to ensure our success and protection of internal workings
- Final line production facility setup; as you can imagine it is expensive to buy the moulds needed and the custom supplies required to purchase premium products
- Marketing; how do people know that this is a product they want? We have started our online social media campaign but there is still a lot of work to be done to acquire customers.
And if setbacks do arise (we hope they don’t, but it happens!), how will you tackle them?
- We are using next generation technology to make the magic happen, and we need the financial capital to do a large product release to the market. If a setback does arise we will need to take a step back, revaluate our options, and put all available resources into finding the appropriate solution. Failure is not an option.
- However, we have a strong project plan, including crash costs, expected timing, and responsibilities of all staff. The success of our project is built into the success of our project plan. We know exactly what needs to be done, and when.
If you have any other projects that you're currently in the process of fulfilling, please mention their status in this section. Addressing this from the start helps build a supportive community.
- We are trying to redefine a number of product categories that consumers use every day. We are currently in the process of putting the finishing touches on another product, Salutem Solution. Salutem Solution is a general health product to help you "get up and move", sleep and feel the best you can. As well, it is all natural, and sugar free.
- We also have a number of Research & Development projects that are underway and would encourage your support at a future date.
Backers will understand your project is a work in progress and feel confident that you’ll work hard to follow through, even when faced with challenges.
- We need to market our product appropriately and acquire enough raw materials over seas in order to produce enough products that need to be tested and approved by a third party. This will allow our product to reach the target market.
- Our number one challenge, currently, is creating a demand for our product and we need your help to market EVOLUTION By Thompson and make it the best it can be.
- EVOLUTION by Thompson must now, with the assistance of backing, file all necessary documentation (ESA, FDA, etc) for shipping and safety regulation.
- EVOLUTION by Thompson must also have third party associations test and review our product to provide consumers with an unbiased review of the product.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)