M80 - An explosive and hilarious game!
Players take turns playing a card on a players hand, Follow the rules of the cards to see what happens. The goal of the game is to acquire the most points by the end of the game. There is a chance to secure points with the dud card, but other than that whatever you have in your hand at the end will be your score. You must watch out for the M80, they empty your hand. Enjoy and remember, fireworks are not toys!. Set things on fire responsibly!
Set Up• The last person to light a firecracker goes first. That person chooses a dealer.
• Deal 3 cards to each player and everyone discards 1 from a discard pile next the remainder of cards which is now the draw pile.
• Each player will organize the cards in their hand and hold then face up in front of them. Only the top card will be visible. The game consists of always showing one card from your hand while the rest of your hand is underneath.
The person to go first will decide on who will get the first card. They may choose themselves or any other player.
• They will draw one card from the draw pile and give it to that person face up so everyone can see.
That card is to be played on the card showing in that players hand.
• If it’s a match, it lights a firework showing as the action on the card goes into effect.
• If it’s a lighter, the player gets to decide on the card in the other persons hand they wish to act on, but they don’t get to look, just announce. Ex. 2nd card, 3rd card down.
• if it’s a firework card it goes on the top of the pile in that player’s hand.
• a match or lighter played on a match or lighter just gets added to that player’s hand with no action.
• The player to the left of the last person to draw will go next.
Play continues until there are no more cards to draw. The cards left in your hand at the end of the game are totaled and scored. If you have any cards in front of you as a result of the dud, you add them to your hand total and that’s your score. The highest score wins. If a tie, the player with the most of the highest point value cards wins.
24 Hour Contest on Boardgamegeek.com
I designed this game for a contest on BGG. You have 24 hours to make a playable print and play game including the rules. I was so excited about this game, I kickstarted it the next day. I call it a speed kickstarter. It was my 13th straight 24 hour contest. To start off 2015 with a bang, I thought I would try something new. Don't worry, I wouldn't of launched the project if I didn't think it was good enough!
I was interviewed by Paco Jaen at 3am my time. It was my very first podcast, please be understanding. Thank you.
- 1300 - Black PET Box Upgrade - UNLOCKED
- 1800 - 8 Mini M80 Cards - UNLOCKED
- 2300 - 8 Stop Cards - UNLOCKED
- 2800 - 8 mini M80 Stickers - UNLOCKED
- 3300 - M80 Starter Token - UNLOCKED
- 3800 - Black velvet Bag
- 5000 - 2 M80 Dice
Add - Ons
- $3 - M80 Mini Cards (48 mini cards)
- $3 - Meepo (33 cards)
- $3 - Sakuru (reggae or neutral) (33 cards)
- $5 - Ninja Bowling (Japanese Edition) (27 cards)
- $5 - Moogoo People (54 cards+shrink)
- $5 - 3 is Odd (40 cards)
- $5 - Zero (54 cards+shrink)
- $8 - Monster Deck 55 (55 cards+box)
- $8 - Zodiac Attack cards (72 cards+ shrink)
I will have print and play versions in the following languages:
If you want your language added, let me know!
- + more
8 kinds, 6 each = 48
M80 Game Facebook Page!!!!!!!
24 hour Contest on BGG
Monster Deck 55
Monster Deck 55
Risks and challenges
I ran a successful kickstarter a few months ago so I know the challenges. I am trying to to keep it simple. Everything will work out. If any problems, send me a message, I will fix it. Thanks.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)