Happy December, Backers! Here’s some holly jolly news that’s sure to bring joy to your day!
DOWNLOAD CODES COMING THIS MONTH!
Thanks for your help last week! Everyone’s platform selections are in! We’re now in the process of updating Backer Kit to reflect any changes that we received via support email, which will take several days. Remember, if you never made a selection, we’ve selected Steam for Win PC for you.
And with that, the platform selection period is now closed!
With the final tallies in hand, we’re working with Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, and Valve to get codes for each platform and territory. We’ll do our best to get them into your hands at the same time, but since there is a lot of coordination needed we ask for your understanding if some people get codes slightly ahead of others.
Your download codes are expected to arrive sometime in the next few weeks! We’ll update you the moment they arrive. We can’t wait for you to play the game!!
EARLY ACCESS BACKERS, YOU HAVE THE GAME!
Early Access Backers, guess what?! You can go and play Shantae: Half-Genie Hero RIGHT NOW!!
Long ago, each of you received a STEAM PRODUCT KEY which granted you early access to our Beta levels. Today we replaced it our beta levels with an Early Access version of the full product! If your Steam Account is set up to auto-update, that’s it! You have it!
But hold on... there are some things you need to know before you play:
- The PC version of the game is still in test. You might experience bugs or crashes, and the content you see may differ from the final version. You aren’t playing the official release.
- Steam Achievements and Trading Cards have are not active in the Early Access version of the game, and your save files may not be transferable to the official release. In other words, enjoy Early Access, but be prepared to play the game again when the official version launches.
- You don’t need a special code to download this game. The Early Access code you received previously is the only code you need. Log into Steam, and you’ll find the game already in your Game Library.
- The Early Access version of the game is English only, but the final version of the PC game will include multiple languages.
- Finally, the Early Access version of the game will be deactivated when the official game is released, because it’s technically a demo. Until then, please enjoy this early version of the game!
Please note: if you never redeemed your Early Access code at all, there are three steps you need to take:
- Step One: Create a Profile (Instructions here: http://bit.ly/KS53SHGH)
- Step Two: Claim your code (Instructions here: http://bit.ly/KS71HGH)
- Step Three: Launch Steam for Win PC, and navigate to the dropdown “Games/Activate a Product on Steam” located on Steam’s main menu. There! You're done!
A MESSAGE ABOUT CREDITS!
When the game launches, some Backer credits will be missing. When parsing through the data, we had to omit names like:
- Pikachu (trademark)
- Matt “slightly receding hairline, friend of Frodo Baggins” Bozon (short phrases or extra names between quotes)
- 0010111000111 (looked like code)
- Name that was all emojis or wingdings (our fonts can't handle it)
- Voldi “games for sale at www.wayforward.com/nameyourprice.com” Way (can’t have an ad, or a URL in your name)
You get the idea. Basically, if your name was withheld for any reason, we’ll be reaching out after launch to get it sorted out. Your credit will be included in a future update!
A MESSAGE ABOUT YOUR ART IN GAME!
Similar to the above! If you contributed to the “Your-Art-in-Game” feature, that means you are about to see your artwork in Scuttle Town’s Art Gallery! If for some reason you don’t like what you see, we can work with you to adjust the image for inclusion in a future update.
That’s all for now!
Have a great day and see you next update!