Let's fill up that Art Museum!
Hope everyone is having a genie-tastic Friday! Just a little business up front and then on to the fun!
Final Days of PayPal
We're getting down to the wire for new pledges! If you know someone who's still hoping to become a Backer and lay claim to all the sweet Backer Exclusive content, tell them to make haste!
The doors officially close at 11:59pm PST on 12/16/2014, and once they do, that's it! As a Backer you can always adjust your platform preferences, but the opportunity to modify your funding level will be officially over.
Your Art in Game
If you contributed to the “Your Art in Game” reward tier, it’s time to sharpen those pencils and get to work! Those who read Update #17 will remember our description of the Sequin Land Art Museum, and might notice some subtle improvements to the proposed design. Let’s walk through it from the player’s perspective.
The player enters the Art Museum to find our beloved Mayor fretting in a corner of the lobby. It seems that the Keys which unlock each wing of the museum have gone missing! As the hero of Scuttle Town, your job is to find them and bring them back. For each Key recovered, the player can unlock the doorway to a gallery of their choice. That’s 10 galleries with 10 paintings each. Players can unlock them as they go, or save all 10 keys until the end. If a player manages to unlock all 10...something good will happen -- we’ll keep that secret for now!
The context of an art gallery will help everyone’s distinct visual styles to fit together, so there’s no need to make every image match. We do have some rules to follow, which mainly have to do with sticking to our intended rating, and respecting the sensibilities and intellectual properties of others. You can see those rules at the bottom of this update. When in doubt, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll answer any questions you might have!
Please create your art using these basic guidelines:
· 72 - 300 dpi (dots per inch). The higher the resolution the better.
· Aspect ratios from 1:1 (square) to 1:2. Think HDTV either portrait or landscape.
· RGB color mode· Save your art as a PNG (without transparency) or TGA (24 bit). No PSD's, BMPs, or TIFFs please.
· No smaller than 1024 in either direction· Image only, no framing elements. Your image will be displayed in a “Shantae World” style frame when the player walks up to it, but will zoom into a black screen when the player inspects it.
We're doing some final testing of the art submission process and will be contacting all of our fan-artists next week to provide them with how and where they can submit their art. So keep an eye on your emails/carrier pigeons/psychic messages!
Important! The deadline for art submissions is...11:59pm PST on 3/2/2015!
· Submitted materials become the property of WayForward. This is a legal requirement for putting your content in the game.
· Respect others. Please avoid creating controversial or distasteful content.Do not modify official logos
· Do not use images or likenesses from other brands
· Our expected rating is E10+ (Mild Fantasy Violence, Suggestive Themes) or similar
· Have fun! (mandatory)