MEGA UPDATE! Let's do it in BULLET POINT FORMAT:
- We broke 175K! That means we're adding an expansion pack of 100 INTEL CARDS for folks who want more specific prompts in their games! These will be free via PDF to ALL BACKERS, free in physical form in the Sidecar Box and Deluxe Box, or available à la carte for $10 via the Add-On Page. (Also newly added to that page is an empty Sidecar Box, for anyone who just wants the box itself.)
- BACKERS: If you'd like to help compile the information that'll go on the Intel Cards, watch for a Backer-Only Update soon!
- Then we broke 185K!! That means another free preview story from THIS IS HOW YOU DIE. This one's called "TETRAPOD" and it's by Rebecca Black. It's about an expat English teacher in Japan wrestling with feelings for one her fellow teachers. It's a really lovely story, I think!
- We kept going and broke $192,837! That means you get to check out our previously private unreleased videos code-named “FATE BLITZ”. Kris and I recorded these videos just to have on-hand before he moved away from Los Angeles last fall. Things have changed somewhat since we first recorded them, but you guys pledged so now you get to see behind the scenes!!
- Then we kept on chugging and broke 200K!! That means I get to put together a Machine of Death Artbook. I'm really excited about this one because I've been wanting to it for a long time! It'll be free via PDF to EVERYONE, and free in physical format to everyone who pledges over $35 (before shipping). (You don't need to pledge at any higher actual tier, you just need to pledge over the $35 dollar amount.)
- If you've pledged at $25 GOT PLAYED or $30 BOOKED and you need an excuse to put you over $35, well, the Intel Cards are $10 via Add-On. HOW...CONVENIENT
- Yesterday ComicsAlliance premiered our second playtest video, an example of Head-to-Head Mode. Here it is for your enjoyment!
- I'm in Seattle this weekend for the Emerald City Comicon. (At the TopatoCo table, booth 1002)! We'll be premiering this at the show:
It's our convention-exclusive Black Market Gift Card! This card will only be available at our personal appearances throughout 2013 (any of them, all across the country). It's free, just come up to the booth and get one! When you get your copy of the game, you'll be able to shuffle it right in. This game isn't, like, Digimon where you can build a killer deck for tournament play, but maybe that's less because it's impossible and more because I didn't even consider that as an option until just now
Thanks so much for keeping the fires hot, everyone! Lots of comments and questions in the queue, and I'm tackling them in between flights and con setup. Hooray!!