1Q is a compact, powerful Bluetooth sound system with a hand crafted, solid wood cabinet - perfect for iPhone and iPad Read more
This project was successfully funded on August 16, 2012.
Project delivery, update 1
It's delivery time! The past week has been filled with 100's of minute details, each one aimed at contributing to the awesome little sound system that we have all envisioned here. This is the unglamorous, sometimes boring end of the product development 'funnel', but it's ALL in the details at this point.
I know several of our supporters are product development EXPERTS, you know what it's like;
- All plastic parts were delivered last night - had a friend at the factory all weekend long solving minor molding issues, flow problems, etc. Molding plastic is sometimes more art then science. Test assemblies have all passed and are looking very good.
- All components are in hand now, all PC boards should be completed tomorrow.
- FCC, CE, Ctick certifications will be complete and in hand by Friday.
- Quality assurance test plans are being developed now; we've got some of the best in the business overseeing quality control.
- Packaging design should be complete this week, instructions as well. We have a FANTASTIC instruction designer on our team!
- Custom USB cables look good, our custom 3.5mm audio cable connector being tooled now... we will be using braided cotton shielding; a great detail!
- 150 T1 preproduction units to be assembled in the next couple days - lots of quality testing coming, including shock and vibration, drop, accelerated life testing, etc. Brutal - all in the name of quality!
- Master and inner cartons are done, internal packaging components are on the way.
...hope you're doing the math here; we are currently ahead of schedule - but plenty of challenges await.