About this project
We reached our $30K goal and now we only have a few days left! Thank you for helping us show the world that there really is a market for safe, effective skincare and beauty products! Keep spreading the word so we can get the best products in the hands of everyone.
ANNOUNCEMENT: For $15 you can add Ursa Major shaving cream to your #TRUTHBEAUTY Bag or product set! We are obsessed with this product and it has a retail value of $24. You can score this product by simply adding $15 to your pledge amount! Men can also choose this product in their #TRUTHBEAUTY Skincare Bag instead of the rosewater.
Pre-order a #TRUTHBEAUTY Bag or product set and be the first to receive Beauty Lies Truth's curated collection of our favorite skincare and beauty essentials from all different companies for 50% off the retail price.
- 5 SKINCARE PRODUCTS YOU NEED EVERYDAY FROM 5 DIFFERENT COMPANIES FOR $50 ($102 RETAIL VALUE)
- PRODUCTS INCLUDE A CLEANSER, MOISTURIZER, BODY OIL, HAIR OIL, AND ROSEWATER
- 5 MAKEUP PRODUCTS YOU NEED EVERYDAY FROM 5 DIFFERENT COMPANIES FOR $55 ($112 RETAIL VALUE)
- PRODUCTS INCLUDE BLACK EYELINER, BLACK MASCARA, LIP TINT, CREME EYESHADOW, AND MAKEUP REMOVER
You can also pre-order both bags for $100 ($214 retail value,) pre-order both bags for you and your bestie for $200 ($428 retail value,) or try 1 or 2 products from either bag:
- 1 SKINCARE ESSENTIAL FOR WOMEN & MEN: $10
- 2 SKINCARE ESSENTIALS FOR WOMEN & MEN: $20
- 2 SKINCARE ESSENTIALS + 1 FAIR TRADE LIP BALM: $25
- 1 MAKEUP ESSENTIAL: $15
- 2 MAKEUP ESSENTIALS: $25
- 2 MAKEUP ESSENTIALS + 1 FAIR TRADE LIP BALM: $30
We are an artist and activist on a mission to change the beauty industry.
First, we started a blog called Beauty Lies Truth to discover and share the truth about the ingredients in our cosmetics and skincare products. Now we are launching #TRUTHBEAUTY on Kickstarter to get the best and safest products in the hands of everyone.
It is our mission to find the most conscious companies making safe, effective products, and then make those products affordable and accessible.
#TRUTHBEAUTY is our plan to make this happen. We are raising money to place huge wholesale orders with 10 amazing companies and offer their products to you at cost. This plan of action will not generate a profit, and we might even lose money doing this. But we want to replace your basic skincare and makeup products with safer, better alternatives right now.
Pledge to pre-order a #TRUTHBEAUTY Bag and you will receive 5 essential products from 5 of our favorite companies for 50% off the retail price. Our skincare products include a cleanser, body oil, rosewater, moisturizer, and hair oil that are great for both women and men. Our makeup products include only the basics that we know will look good on all women: black eyeliner, mascara, creme eyeshadow, lip tint, and makeup remover. You can pre-order the collection of 5, a single product from either bag, or a set of two.
We believe that consumers have the power to improve health and wellness, now and forever. Let's start with the products we put on our skin every single day. All of the products we support meet our strict beauty standards.
So, why should you care about the ingredients in your beauty products?
1. Unlike food and drugs, the FDA does not review or approve cosmetics and personal care products before they go on the market.
- The European Union has banned 1,373 substances to date, and the FDA has banned 8 and restricted 3.
- According to the Environmental Working Group, the cosmetic industry's review panel has only assessed about 11% of the 10,500 ingredients in beauty products for safety.
- An average adult is exposed to over 100 unique chemicals in products every single day.
- Many of the industrial compounds found in our beauty products have been linked to cancer and hormone disruption in large doses.
2. The majority of consumers believe that there is a regulatory body testing our products for safety.
3. The safest and most effective products are inaccessible and unaffordable to the mainstream consumer.
1. Educate the public about the lack of regulations monitoring the safety of the ingredients in our cosmetics and personal care products.
2. Inspire young consumers to evaluate their beauty products, consider the safer alternatives, and spread awareness about the importance of cosmetic safety.
3. Support companies creating the safest and highest-performing beauty products and make these products accessible and affordable for everyone.
We are launching #TRUTHBEAUTY on Kickstarter to show the world that we do not want to choose beauty over health.
We have accomplished a lot so far. But now we need your support so we can to take our movement to the next level.
Pledge to join the #TRUTHBEAUTY movement and reserve a #TRUTHBEAUTY Bag NOW! We are raising funds to get this movement off the ground and eventually launch a full e-commerce site where you can create a custom bag of products.
Filming by Christian Torres
Editing by Christian Torres and Steven Lambiase
Photography by Christian Torres
Music by Phantogram, Don't Move
Special thanks to Adina Grigore, Mackenzie Smith, Baggu, Teddy Telles, our brand partners, and all of our followers!
Risks and challenges
Because we are working with many different brands, the delivery of your #TRUTHBEAUTY Bags depends on the companies' abilities to meet our inventory and shipping needs in a timely manner. While we could potentially experience delays, we will keep you updated on our progress, and we promise to compensate any delays with extra product samples!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (31 days)