Jail Break - A game for 2-6 inmates
Jail Break - A game for 2-6 inmates
Jail Break is a strategic tabletop game that pits you against your friends in a race to escape the world's most dangerous prison.
Jail Break is a strategic tabletop game that pits you against your friends in a race to escape the world's most dangerous prison. Read more
Jail Break is a dynamic card game, where the prison layout and the individual skill-sets of your character change with every session.
The game can be played with 2 to 6 players. A session can last from 20 to 40 minutes and the goal is simple: Navigate through the prison in an attempt to gain three resources (a blueprint, a tool, and a keycard) and then head to the room located on your blueprint card to escape.
But the Stonewall Penitentiary can be unforgiving. With every turn you will have to contend with gang attacks, fellow inmates trying to escape, and officers looking to send you to solitary confinement.
NOTE - We are still working with our manufacturer to determine if we are going to use meeples or pawns. Let us know your preference in the "comments" section.
Over the past year we've had several groups of people play-test and review are game. Here is what they've said:
- "I found this game to be well-balanced and the theme compelling. I had no problem attracting non-tabletop gamers to the table. It was easy to explain and a really fantastic gateway game that still has enough meat for experienced gamers."
- "The game is fun. I had tons of laughs and "woah" moments."
- (Can the game be broken easily?) - "No. We experienced no character card or strategy that was so much better than the others that broke the game."
- (Is there player off-time participation?) - "As the off-player, you have a connection with the game because you never know what a player or card might do to you"
- (Is there a good end game or is it arbitrary?) - "Great end game! Many times players were one turn away from escaping when the winner finally did!" "Yes there is a good end game. You never become confused about your goal to win."
- (Is the theme needed for the game to function properly?) - "The gameplay and mechanics could work with another theme, but they are perfectly married in this game. Big thumbs up."
- (Would you play this game again?) - "Absolutely." "I have played the game with 2 players and 4 players and both times we immediately played again."
- "Awesome game that only get's better every time you play"
- "Artwork is clearly at a professional level"
- "Game is easily made harder or easier to target specific players"
- "Game has a way of making you feel immersed in the theme"
Thank you - VC
- "Jail Break includes the best features found in board games: a changing game board, player strategy, pure luck, and rolling the dice. The game is easy to learn, difficult to master, and different every time you play. I've played Jail Break with 2,4, and 6 players and at each number the gameplay stays enjoyable and challenging. While I have no experience in an actual jail, in my opinion the game does a great job of incorporating the various areas and types of people one might encounter in a prison."
- "Jail Break is really easy to pick up, easy to play, and you can change the ease of winning, which makes for a really diverse game, and where you have diversity, you have have replay value. A really fun game, I definitely recommend you check Jail Break out."
- "The game is easy to learn and with the number of different prison layouts and the element of randomness, equals high replay ability. Every group I have introduced this too, have asked, "Where can I get it?""
- “The random board layouts and variety of possibilities during any given round provide a good range of difficulty to win and great replay value. You never know how rough your stint in prison will be...”
NVS Gameplays was a fan of the modular board set-up and the ability to change the shape of it in game play. He also liked the game mechanic for how resources are acquired. Check out his review below!
Now that you know everything about the game, it is time to learn how to get the game! This Kickstarter campaign will allow you to own a copy of Jail Break from our first production run at a cost that will be lower than retail and include all of the various stretch goals we achieve!
After our original funding level is achieved, we want to reward those backing us with new and exclusive ‘stretch goals’ content.
As we pass the $$$ levels listed below, your game will be enhanced with more artwork and we will begin adding the components necessary to make up Jail Break’s eventual expansion packs.
Every game will include these unlocked stretch goals, so the more money raised, the more free stuff you get with your copy!
Stretch goals will continue and eventually encompass the three expansion packs below.
Risks and challenges
Although Jail Break is our first tabletop game, our company has experience bringing a product to market. We've published over 20 various comic books, graphic novels, and a children's book over the course of our company history. We also have over fifteen years in supply chain management, which greatly helps in setting up the proper vendor partnerships to achieve on-time delivery at a fair price.
We've mitigated a large number of our risks by completing the bulk of our artwork up front. The only additional artwork that needs to be finished will be from stretch goals and pledge rewards. This will allow us to ship Jail Break as soon as possible.
The game itself has been play-tested for over an entire year with demo games being run from California, throughout the Midwest, and all the way to Florida. We know that Jail Break is ready for production.
When the campaign is successful, we will immediately push for stretch goal card artwork and finalization of added game play mechanics.
Know that Paper Street has been proactive in making sure that the risks for production are extremely minimal if you choose to back this project. We've already identified back-up suppliers in the case that something does happen to anything in the supply chain.
Thank you for your time and support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)