Das Keyboard 5Q June Update
We are very excited that we have almost completed shipping all the rewards for the backers, including all keycaps. There are approximately 150 keyboards remaining to be shipped. This will be done over the next two weeks. It’s been a long journey, but the work is not finished! Now that you have the keyboards in your hands, we will continue to improve the software experience, and deliver the Mac/Linux support.
Documentation Website Changes:
The documentation website for Q has moved to www.daskeyboard.io
Q Desktop Upcoming Release Improvements:
- POST request timing out on the local API for signal creation
- Connectivity loss of the keyboard with the QApp when computer goes to sleep
- Bugs related to the zoneId XY API
- Disabled link to the signal center on the signal popovers for signals that are coming from the local API
- Profile switcher now has a multi device support
- Turn off the Q-BUTTON if there is no signals on the dashboard
- -Remove the signals from the dashboard after deletion in signal center
- Added action to quit the app from the navbar popover menu
- Added negative id to signals created from local API and ability to delete them by using a DELETE request from localhost
- Added ability to change device RGB colors without login to the cloud
- Added ability to use local API without login to the Q cloud
- Ability to Delete signal by zoneID in local API. zoneId can be vector example: (2,2), linear id example: 25 or code example: KEY_T
- Added UK layout for the 5Q
- Apart from the DK5Q every device will be displayed only if it was plugged in one time. Also the user can forget this device and will have to plug it again for the app to remember it again
- Added copyright in about menu
- Default profiles uses zoneXY. That means they are now multi device compatible
- User preference to enable or disable sound notifications
- User preference to show or hide app window at startup
- Added a Quiet mode option to prevent interruption. In quiet mode only the RGB profiles are displayed on the devices. Signals are not displayed. Sound and notifications are disabled. Once the quiet mode is disabled, signals that came before, and new signals will be displayed as expected.
- Added ability to delete signals from the dashboard signal popovers
- Moved the preference action to the settings ‘cog’ dropdown. And always display the ‘cog’ dropdown even if user not logged in
- Added better user experience when the app loses connectivity with the cloud (Example: red cross displayed on the Q-icon if the backend cloud server is unreachable, cross will disappear when the connectivity is back)
Q Desktop Service Upcoming Release Improvements:
- Stability of the service
Android Q App Update:
- Added method to handle signals with coordinates (X,Y) as zoneId
- Added new section Developer tools in the Settings
- Added new section Crash Test in Developer tools which allow the user to force the application to crash and to send a report to Firebase Crashlytics
- Added an icon next to the section All in the drawable menu
- Upgrade the notifications module
- Changed application icon
- Replaced Firebase Crash report with Firebase Crashlytics
- Update api 1.0 to api 2.0 when fetch data from the Q cloud
- Fixed notifications for all users (especially when using Android Oreo)
- Fixed duplicate realm which was crashing the application
- Fixed the missing icons (ic_code and ic_list)
- Replaced toolbar title with Inbox, Unread and All instead of the name of the device selected
- Fixed bugs with the widget
- Removed web sockets and now use events fetch instead
- Remove broken and useless snackbar: "New messages
- Show" when received new signals
Q app on iOS App Update:
We’re excited to announce that the iOS version of the Q App has been submitted for approval to Apple and should be available to download very soon!
Features on deck:
- Support for Linux
- Support for macOS
- Keyboard ‘refresh rate’ issue fix (FW)
- More powerful Q api
- Many more smaller items…
IMPORTANT - IMPORTANT - IMPORTANT - IMPORTANT - IMPORTANT
Incorrect VAT/Import Duties:
Some of you have been charged with incorrectly calculated VAT/Import duties. This has been caused by our fulfillment center including the incorrect value in the shipping paperwork. We deeply apologize for this. Please note that these incorrect calculations are only affecting some shipments. Most shipments are not affected and will still have to pay VAT/Import duties determined from country to country.
If you believe that your value has been incorrectly calculated and not reflective of your pledge amount, please submit a ticket at https://www.daskeyboard.com/support/. We are fixing any incorrectly declared values right now and are getting back to every customer who has opened a ticket.
Additionally, some of you have been asking about the 4 silver keycaps that the keyboards have been shipping with. These are meant to replace your WASD keys, with the Dashes replacing, ‘A’ and ‘D,’ the Circle replacing the ‘S,’ and the Triangle replacing the ‘W’ key. See photo below:
As a reminder, the following resources are available to all backers. The forum is the best place to interact with the Das Keyboard team. It is always recommended to check the forum first for any issues.
- Das Keyboard Q Forum - Discuss software questions, bugs, ideas, and anything technical with other users and the Das Keyboard team.
- Das Keyboard Helpdesk - Use the help desk for help on shipping and defective hardware. NOT for software questions. Software questions should be discussed on the forum.
- www.daskeyboard.io - Downloads and developer documentation.
- Changelog - A detailed changelog is also available at the documentation website.
We will communicate again soon with the release of the new Q desktop version. The most important things right now is to share ideas, feedback and code on the Q forum: https://qforum.daskeyboard.com/
Until next time.
Daniel + Team.