Das Keyboard 5Q May Update
We’re excited to announce that we’ve begun shipping the next batch of keyboards, which includes international layouts. We have already shipped 200 additional keyboards, and will continue to ship 800 more by Friday. We will continue shipping in multiple batches over the next few weeks.
Additionally, we are very happy to release Q Desktop v2 beta 4 software for Windows. We also made builds for Mac and Linux *beta users*. Note that Mac & Linux version are standalone apps without connectivity to the keyboard at this point. If you want to become a beta tester please apply here.
IMPORTANT: Before upgrading, please quit the Q App service and uninstall the current version of Q Desktop. v2 users will need to upgrade the 5Q firmware.
Notable Software Changes: Q desktop v2 is a complete rewrite of the software. It is faster, more stable, and simpler to use.
- Merged illumination and dashboard modes.
- Simplified signal center - it opens in an external app window. Signal center is now 100% in the cloud, allowing for a much faster release cycle.
- Illumination profiles now are stored in the cloud (instead of locally in HD), this fixes all multi-desktop synchronization bugs.
- Limited local HTTP API server to listen to localhost only.
- Added ability to address LEDs using X,Y coordinates via the API.
Community / Documentation:
A new Q documentation website has been released, allowing the community to easily submit edits via github pull requests.
Notable Firmware changes:
- A ton of improvements and fixes as well, including fixing unaddressable LEDs, LEDs flickering after auto-dim fix, blinking synchronization fix and most importantly, fixing the white color LEDs setting to be actually white and not pink. Not everybody likes pink apparently.
- Added a Mac configuration that sets the command, option and FN keys (and more) at the “correct” Mac locations.
- Added ability to change color profile manually (i.e. without desktop software) using a keyboard key sequence.
As a reminder, the following resources are available to all backers. The forum is the best place to interact with the Das Keyboard team. It is always recommended to check the forum first for any issue.
- Das Keyboard Q Forum - Discuss software questions, bugs, ideas, and anything technical with other users and the Das Keyboard team.
- Das Keyboard Helpdesk - Use the help desk for help on shipping and defective hardware. NOT for software questions. Software questions should be discussed on the forum.
- Q Documentation Website - Downloads and developer documentation.
- Changelog - A detailed changelog is also available at the documentation website.
Here is where to get the goods: https://daskeyboard.github.io/
Daniel + Team.