Das Keyboard 5Q Shipping Update + Known Issues
We detected problems in a small percentage of one of the production batches, and will require re-assembly work to ensure the problem doesn’t arise again. For this reason, we have paused shipping at this moment and are predicting a 4-6 week delay to resume shipping and production.
Additionally we’ve received a lot of feedback from our backers about issues they may have come across with their keyboards, and want to provide a status update on those:
Issues that will be fixed:
- White colors have a slight red tint: Firmware fix in progress.
- Selectable color profiles on keyboard without the Q app: Firmware feature being added so Mac and Linux users can use keyboard combos to select different color profiles.
- Left pipe upper LED not setting to correct color: Firmware fix in progress.
Issues we are still investigating:
- Individual RGB colors visible to some during head movement: Investigating a firmware refresh rate modification.
- Brightness selection button next to the media keys doesn’t work when the Q app is running: Investigating optimal solution.
- Residual color transitions showing up during some effects: Investigating.
- Audible ring on keyboard: Investigating.
We understand any frustrations, and we feel the same, but we don't want to compromise on quality.
Das Keyboard Team