Nutty Life is my dream. I have finally found my passion and I want to share it with the world. To learn more about Nutty Life, please visit our website (www.nutty-life.com) & follow us on instagram (@nuttylife.boston)!!
With the $5k (net $4k) raised from my last kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12274485/nut-milks-by-sweet-caroline), I have:
- created & trademarked a brand with an awesome logo.
- designed a sweet website (www.nutty-life.com).
- registered the business in MA & acquired all necessary licensing to operate.
- sold over $30,000 in alternative milks through delivery services, pop-up shops, and farmers markets in 6 short months in the Boston area.
- revamped our packaging.
- achieved a shelf life of 65 days through high pressure pasteurization (HPP).
- signed a lease on a new space with two local Boston start-ups that will serve as our kitchen plus a small retail front -- named The Local Fare (https://www.facebook.com/The-Local-Fare-230655043970639). Check out this awesome local news article published on The Local Fare: http://arlington.wickedlocal.com/article/20160603/NEWS/160608607/SHARED/st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/f3PA8LB5w8.
I am passionate about my new career path & am determined to launch Nutty Life mylks in Boston area stores by end of summer 2016 (NYC & Washington DC by early 2017). I am driven & have the skill set it takes to make this dream come true :)
With the $10k raised through this kickstarter, we will be able to:
- pay for the first few months of rent in our new space.
- pay for all equipment (sinks, refrigerator, prep tables) in our new kitchen.
- pay the first few loan payments on our refrigerated van for transport between the kitchen & the HPP plant and for final distribution to stores. VAN IS ALREADY SECURED!!!! Our refrigerated Ford Transit Connect will arrive late June / early July!!!
Thank you for your support!
Risks and challenges
My major challenge with Nutty Life is getting our mylks into stores. The alternative milk world is still relatively new -- and additive free alternative milks are pretty foreign to the grocery market. Some super markets are wary of the product (i.e. have very strict standards) even though it is safely pasteurized through high pressure pasteurization. I will need to educate stores on our mylks & the process. And it might take lots of persistence on my end. Thankfully, I am very, very persistent. I will do whatever it takes to spread Nutty Life across the United States & beyond!
Another challenge is to figure out a way to safely and cost effectively ship our mylks. We want anyone and everyone to be able to get their hands on our delicious mylk!
We're living the nutty life!!! Sipping our way to a food revolution :) Nothing can stop us!!!!!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)