Vision of Level Design within Melancholy Republic
Melancholy Republic's Level Design at a Glace
We hope you love the look of our maps as much as we loved making them! This update included a bunch of screenshots of areas you may have seen in our trailer. Whether bridges with striking views across the city or a creaky old library, Melancholy Republic offers a unique and beautifully rich environment to explore. We believe in maps made with love! Just like many of our favourite classic games and their beautifully detailed areas that genuinely felt like the creators truly cared for the world they were creating.
The main features of the maps within Melancholy Republic are:
- Lighting and shading that is hand painted onto each and every area
- Multiple changes in floor height, stairs, ladders etc. Giving it a layered beautiful look.
- Playability - Making sure that each map, while beautiful is still enjoyable to explore and move around.
- Imperfections - Just like any real environment, they need to feel lived in, and we strive to create real looking imperfections in areas that the people of Lorna inhabit.
- Love and care in every corner!
Please enjoy these larger screenshots from the game! If you have any questions leave us a comment! :D