Super Chess is a card-based expansion of traditional chess.
It puts a twist on the way traditional chess is played by introducing 36 unique cards. When activated, these cards spice up the game in a variety of unpredictable ways.
We have included free shipping worldwide for all reward tiers! This ensures that everyone everywhere can access Super Chess at an affordable price.
“I find traditional chess quite boring. Super chess is dynamic and unpredictable; it’s a must-have for every household.” – Noah Swanson, head-organiser of multiple gaming conventions.
“This game is clean, simple and fun. It’s an interesting modification to chess which makes the game more strategic.” – Sevket Shevket, games design student.
“Super Chess feels like you took traditional chess and injected it with super serum. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to turbo-charge their chess game” – Tumen Dambiev, avid chess player.
Each Super Chess deck contains:
- 36 unique cards, including 17 ability, 8 spatial manipulation, 7 revival and 4 removal type cards.
- A 6-page instruction leaflet.
- A gloss-laminated tuck box to hold the cards.
Note: the pink outline signifies the edge of the cards.
- Shuffle the deck and deal 3 cards to each player.
- At the beginning of their turn, the player draws a card from the deck.
- The number of cards in a player’s hand cannot exceed 5. If a player has 5 cards in their hand they are not allowed to draw a card at the beginning of their turn.
- The player can now either make a regular chess move or choose to use one of their cards.
- To use a card, follow the instructions on the card and make any sacrifices if required, then place the card face-up on the discard pile.
- After using a card or making a regular move the player has the option of removing a single card from their hand and placing it at the bottom of the deck or placing it face-up on the discard pile.
- Now the player’s turn has ended and the opponent takes their turn.
- When the deck has run out, the players can no longer draw new cards but may continue to use the cards in their hand.
- As with regular chess, the game is over when a player checkmates their opponent, when a player resigns or when a draw occurs, either by default or by agreement between the two players.
Super chess is easy to learn and can be enjoyed by all levels of chess players, from amateurs to grand masters. We have worked closely with game designers and chess players to ensure that the game is balanced and enjoyable.
For casual players it can be an exciting alternative to traditional chess and for experienced players it introduces a whole new level of complexity to the game.
Risks and challenges
The artwork has been finalized and I've built up a good rapport with the manufacturers, so there aren't any major risks involved with this project.
In the unlikely event that the manufacturer goes out of business, there are other companies that could manufacture the game.
My team and I will be handling the shipping ourselves, so there is no risk associated with the delivery of the game.
This project is low-risk and high-reward. Pledge now and get your Super Chess deck before everyone else.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)