tim-E: The Alarm Clock with Attitude!
tim-E: The Alarm Clock with Attitude!
tim-E (pronounced "Timmy"), the iPhone/iPod Robot Alarm Clock and Bedside Companion that charges your iPhone or iPod Touch.
tim-E (pronounced "Timmy"), the iPhone/iPod Robot Alarm Clock and Bedside Companion that charges your iPhone or iPod Touch. Read more
As seen on:
Build your own personalized wake-up routine using any combination of the following (All while charging your device):
Alarm - Choose from soft, loud, or progressive wake-ups with tim-E's hilarious personality, or a song on your iPhone/iPod.
Weather - Get the day's weather report
Traffic - Find out about traffic alerts as you start your day
Voice Reminders - Record a voice memo for the next day's important tasks so you can fall asleep peacefully
Brain Teasers - Fully programmable to help make sure you don't fall back asleep
Everyone has to wake up, so let's wake up happy! With tim-E, you're in charge!
A day with tim-E...
- 7:00AM - Wake-up
"Hello, lazy-bones! Time to get up!"
- 7:01AM - Brain Teasers
Stop over-sleeping! We've all done it. Now do some quick and fun brain teasers before your alarm can truly be turned off.
"Give yourself some extra time today, because the 405 is jammed!"
Get traffic updates so you can plan your morning.
"75 and sunny today! Forget work, let's hit the beach!"
Wake up to the forecast and know immediately how to dress for the day.
- Voice Reminders
- 11:15AM - Dance Party with the Kids!
"Remember to pick your mom up at the airport."
Rest easy knowing that tim-E will remember everything in the morning, even if you forget. Use tim-E's voice reminders to quickly record a list of the next day’s important activities.
"Come on kids! Let's get up and DANCE!"
- 7:30PM - Bed Time
"Go to sleep...Go to sleep...Go to sleep..."
Let tim-E help with putting the kids to sleep. Use tim-E to gently fade out music and lul your little ones to sleep. tim-E will also show your kids a moon when it is sleepy time and a rising sun when ok to get up in the morning.
- 10:00PM - Dock your iPhone and tim-E is set for tomorrow
Keep the same routine from the day before or change your settings for the next day.
More things you can do with tim-E!
Here's your chance to wake up next to a supermodel! With Repeat-After-Me Photo Fun, you can swap tim-E's ugly mug with Kate Upton (or any other photo that you find online) and make her say whatever your heart desires.
Or, simply grab a picture stored on your phone of one of your friends, and make them repeat anything back to you!
Before you leave for your next business trip, set tim-E so your voice and picture wakes the kids up each morning with a special message. Imagine how thrilled they will be!
We are toy guys – and we set out to build a better alarm clock...
tim-E himself will make you laugh, but the team behind tim-E is no joke. Setting out to disrupt and innovate the alarm clock, Rich Mazel, a successful toy industry inventor relations guru, teamed up with Jeff Wilcox, a consumer electronics wizard with over 10 years experience bringing products to market for billion dollar companies, and the creative team of Dan Klitsner, Gary Levenberg and Brian Clemens, inventors of worldwide smash-hit toys Bop It and Perplexus, and founders of KID Group.
Together this team has launched many successful products so we know what to expect and how to effectively reach the finish line.
Current status of tim-E development
As you can see from our video, we have already completed significant product and app development, resulting in working prototypes. We have selected a factory that currently works with some of the the top consumer electronics brands, and tooling is well under way.
There is still work to be done though, and that's why we need your help. In addition to finalizing the hardware and software development, we will also need to obtain safety certifications, and pay for the freight cost to get him delivered to his new home with you!
Kickstarter campaign ends successfully - June 2013
Final tooling modifications complete - September, 2013
App development complete - November, 2013
Packaging and Certifications complete - November, 2013
Final QA and mass production starts - December, 2013
Shipment of all Kickstarter backer orders leaves factory - January, 2014
Kickstarter backer orders arrive at distribution centers - February, 2014
Backers start receiving tim-E - March, 2014
Risks and challenges
With every new project there are risks and challenges that need to be managed in order to keep the schedule on track.
Here are some of the good things we have on our side:
1. Over 50 years combined experience bringing products to market.
2. A good deal of product and app development is already complete.
3. We have already selected our factory and have worked with them in the past. They have done many products for billion dollar consumer electronics giants and have Apple MFi manufacturer certification.
4. We have established relationships with great freight and fulfillment companies to get tim-E from our factory, through US customs and delivered to you.
Some risks that we anticipate:
1. Getting tim-E certified with Apple so we can use their connectors. Based on other projects we have worked on in the past, we know that working with Apple can be a challenging and rewarding process and will likely take some time. This will be priority number one once we are funded.
2. Making sure the app is bug-free and provides the best possible user experience. We are laser focused on making our app fun, compelling, and easy to navigate and use.
3. Overseeing the manufacturing process and quality control. Out team will be there at the factory to oversee both the pilot and first mass production runs of tim-E so we can make sure all bugs have been worked out before green-lighting these final steps.
As you can see, we understand that hiccups can and will pop up along the way. Our promise to you is that we are passionate about tim-E and we will do everything possible within our power to make him the best that he can be. Also, we will create an extensive FAQ that will be updated often to answer any questions we receive.
Additionally, we will keep an open line of communication with the backers and pledge to provide updates as often as possible on our progress.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)