For more info, click here
Following to backers’ feedbacks, we are happy to open an add-on section for the sapphire glass KLOK-08!
Our technical team has investigated further over the past few days and we have finally come to a decision: we want to offer each of you the optional sapphire glass option and let you make your own decision!
For those who are interested in pledging for the sapphire glass KLOK-08, easy peasy again: just add €148,50 to your pledge! (the decimal digits just allow us to identify easier and manage those pledges) There will be no mention of « sapphire glass » visible to you in your pledge, but we will know it from the back-office, no worries!
Sapphire glass option is available for all KLOK-08 colors!
You can change your pledge for the sapphire glass KLOK-08 until the end of the campaign!
There is no time limit to pledge for this new feature!
Regarding the watch itself, we must specify that the design will vary slightly from the current version with polymer glass. Indeed, the absence of integrated lens and so the relief impression in the sapphire glass will make the design vary slightly in appearance.
Please see the 3D renders to see the differences between those two models:
The sapphire glass is the synthetic version of the precious stone of the same name. This material is much more expensive to produce as it is highly resistant to scratches. So the sapphire glass option will bring your KLOK-08 into a much more luxury platform. Your choice!
All the images below this line show KLOK-08 with polymer glass.
2 new colors for KLOK-08 are now added to the campaign:
1/ Warm Gray and Peacock Blue dial with a 3N gold plated 316L stainless steel case
2/ Dove Gray and Warm Gray dial with 316L stainless steel case
And… as good news never come alone, we are delighted to add 4 more products to the campaign!
- The unique Il Busseto x klokers leather Bell (which comes with the KLIP), to protect and carry the KLOK-08 with elegance and style, at €49 instead of €119 / future retail price.
klokers, with its innovative vision of time and singular design, has commissioned Il Bussetto craftsmen a unique project: the realization of an exclusive leather bell to protect and carry the KLOK-08 with elegance and style. World Premiere Collab for you Backers!
Il Bussetto was founded in 2004 in Milano and uses a unique and special Tuscan leather craft technique. This distinctive method allows the production of small leather goods molded on wooden forms and devoid of any seams nor visible construction lines.
The Il Bussetto x klokers Bell can be worn either with the KLIP in a jacket or trousers’ pocket for example, or with the KWEL jewel strap, the KWEL being attached to a belt loop or handbag handle. Create your own way of using it!
- The Bangle with integrated klokers fixing system, 2 sizes available, €49 instead of €169 / future retail price.
- The KORD bracelets with the klokers key pattern, 2 colors available, €19 instead of €49 / future retail price.
All world Premieres for you Backers!
1- Warm Gray and Peacock Blue dial with a 3N gold plated 316L stainless steel case
2- Dove Gray and Warm Gray dial with 316L stainless steel case
3- Black and absinthe yellow dial with 316L stainless steel case
4- White dial with rose gold plated 316L stainless steel case
5- Warm gray and orange dial with 316L stainless steel case
KLOK-08 IN THE MEDIA!
KLOK-08 pays tribute to its inspiration, the creative and audacious Sixties. The Sixties broke the rules; they represented counter-culture and shook conventions. The Sixties were cool; the Sixties promised freedom!
klokers offers the freedom of interchangeability and personal customization
klokers celebrates that Sixties spirit of freedom by offering freedom of choice, freedom of style, freedom of color, and even freedom of watch. The secret to klokers' system is a watch-head that securely clips on and off on straps and accessories through a patented click-in, click-out system we call the klokers’ key.
This unique system makes all of klokers’ products compatible and fully interchangeable.
Wear KLOK-08 on your wrist with a textile strap for a casual look, change to a brightly colored strap for a happy occasion and then a leather strap for a more classical look at work. You can also customize your bag (or bags) with a KWEL jewel strap. For a unique accessory, attach KLOK- 08 to your notebooks with the KLIP, or place it on a desk with the DESK & POCKET stand. You can create your combinations of colors and materials, as well as your own ways of using KLOK-08.
ALL THE ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE:
Nonconformist time display
KLOK-08 introduces a new way of telling time: its dial is composed of two disks, one displaying hours and minutes, the other the seconds. The disks display time on a vertical line at the top of the dial.
KLOK-08 flies in the face of the traditional watchmaking in that the disks rotate counterclockwise!
klokers used innovative state-of-the-art technologies and conducted extensive research and development in developing KLOK-08 and perfecting the concept of simple but secure interchangeability.
The fixing system and time display are both patented.
Reference for the fixing system patent: WO 2016/001598
Reference for the time display patent: WO 2017/042456
The patented fixing system - the klokers' key:
An integrated lens in the triple injected glass ensures high legibility when reading the time:
Patented 316L stainless steel fixing system with red push-button at 8 o’clock to unlock KLOK-08 from its support (strap or accessory):
Exploded view of KLOK-08 (non-contractual picture as KLOK-08 is still under development, the construction presented below is a provisional version):
KLOK-08 is a certified Swiss Made watch at an affordable price.
The non-conventional and proprietary assembly process required an overall investment of €1M.
To pre-order one or more KLOK-08s:
1) Log in to your Kickstarter account or create one
2) Click the green « Back this project » button on the Kickstarter page
3) Select the reward you would like.
You choose your favorite colors and accessories after the campaign finishes.
We will keep you posted throughout the campaign through updates and emails.
You will receive your KLOK-08(s) and accessory(ies) in an elegant protective travel case.
This case has foam drawers to protect your KLOK-08 from shocks and ensure a safe journey.
You can adjust compartments in the travel case according to your choice of products.
Colors: cream, black and red
Dimensions: 169 mm (long) x 169 mm (wide) x 25 mm (high)
Materials: cardboard and foam
You can help us to successfully launch KLOK-08 by joining our Time Travelers Guild!
And sharing the campaign throughout your social media channels! Thank you for this valuable help, and welcome into the Time Travelers Guild!
Risks and challenges
In September 2015, klokers was born on Kickstarter and, after successful crowdfunding and the wild experience of startup life, has grown up. However, even with our now years of experience with klokers, given the degree of innovation that KLOK-08 represents, the risks of this campaign are:
- technical risk of KLOK-08 dial colors: the watches presented on these pages are prototypes. Considering the state-of-the-art technologies used, the industrial phase may make changes to the KLOK-08 dial colors. This will not however affect the aesthetical quality of KLOK-08.
Besides, klokers reserves the right to change one color or even not provide some color references at all if these ones have not been enough requested. In such a case, klokers may provide another model.
- industrial risk: in the watchmaking industry, the extremely high precision of components is essential. The technical team will be paying very close attention to respect of tolerances, precision, and quality of components. It is possible that the manufacturing tolerances could change depending on the challenges and difficulties encountered to comply the components’ specifications. The necessary mastery of the production ramp-up phase may also cause changes to the delivery schedule.
- financial and economic risk: klokers is a successful but a young company which constantly adapts to the evolutions of its exploitation and environment (market, legislation, norms, etc.). This environment may affect the development of the company and postpone some elements of the production planning.
- Kickstarter risk: Kickstarter is a crowdfunding platform which helps projects under development, not an on-line sales site like Amazon, eBay, Priceminister, CDiscount, etc. As stated by Kickstarter, «we are not here to buy some products but to create something that does not exist yet. »
All contributions will be engaged for the manufacturing and the industrialization of KLOK-08. These funds will be committed for this purpose. As backers on Kickstarter, reimbursement for the pledge is impossible. In the Kickstarter context, the backers do accept these risks as they support a project under development.
If any of the information provided in this document changes then we will notify all of our backers in a transparent and timely manner.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)