Back in April, O and I knew we had to make a decision. Because of all the other delays tripping us up, we knew that we were going to miss the projected ship date for Scurvy Dogs. We were close, but we weren't done with our initial plans.
I put together a plan that involved less-detailed art for the Booty Challenges. Icons instead of scenes. There were other spots where we could cut-and-paste art. And we could settle for less.
But it just didn't feel right.
We already had all 40 crew cards done, and 8 captains, and 12 different ships. What was another 50 or so pieces of art? Well, the obvious answer was two more months, as some private delays cropped up this past month to slow us down again. In this time, we also found out how much time it takes a boat to get from China to New York, how much time it takes something to clear customs, and how long it takes a truck to go from New York to Maryland.
I'm not trying to jinx it, but in the next 24 hours, we should be finished uploading files to our printer's server. 120 different card designs, an amazing board, about a hundred detailed tokens, and a shiny box. This means that the board game should show up at my office in the middle of August, and be shipped out immediately after that.
And right now, I'm really proud of this decision. For your consideration, I give you a peek at what the board will look like (there's two small edits and a few bits of text to be added):