I love cameras. Almost as much as I love photography.
No. I definitely love photography more.
Or maybe cameras. You see this is the problem; with so many great film cameras around for pennies, it's hard for me not to accumulate gear I don't need.
That's why I've spent the last year or so exploring what it means to be a minimalist, and a film photographer.
This book collects my best work from this time.
Every Shot Matters is for you if:
- You're an artist, analog or digital, in need of some inspiration.
- You love my photography - chances are you're here on Kickstarter because you follow me on social media - if you enjoy my photos there, here's a 180+ page book full of photos.
- You're interested in minimalism, anti-capitalism and art.
This book collates original material along with articles I've written for Lomography Magazine and the Film Shooter's Collective. It contains:
- 7 chapters on everything from the artists that have inspired me, right through to how to set up a minimalist analogue darkroom.
- 12 creative tasks to help you unlock creativity.
- 64 photos - If you love my work, this is a bargainous way to get your hands on a load of prints. Take a Stanley knife to the spine of the book and frame some artwork. I'll even sign some specific pages if you like.
As you can see from the video, the book is written, edited, formatted and good to go. I've got some distribution arranged and the book should be available to buy world-wide following this crowdfunding campaign.
This campaign is a simple way for me to:
- Order the books in bulk, thus making the physical items cheaper.
- Offer some fun and cheap rewards like the limited edition print portfolio.
- Book some fun photoshoots for the summer.
The print copy of the book isn't cheap. I get that. When I set out to format the book I wanted provide the best experience in both the ebook and print book, and didn't want any edition to feel less-than-amazing. I'd love it if everyone could buy the print book, but I realise that's not a reality. Be assured that if you buy either the print copy, or the ebook you won't be disappointed.
At 100% funded, this project will roughly break even. So my first stretch goal is to make some money from all the work I've put into the book, and take my family out for a meal to thank them for all the times they've let me work on the project. Here are some additional stretch goals, which we could actually acheive!
- 200% Funded - Additional Medium-Sized glossy print included with all physical orders. ACHIEVED!! ALL PHYSICAL ORDERS WILL NOW INCLUDE ADDITIONAL MEDIUM-SIZED GLOSSY PRINT.
- 500% Funded - Printed workbooks of the 12 creative tasks included with all physical orders.
Please remember that to access the stretch goals, I need to already be sending you something! Digital downloads will NOT include stretch goal items.
The Boring Bit
At 100% funded, this is more or less what my budget looks like:
- £160 - Book printing, enough copies to fulfil Kickstarter Campaign.
- £40 - 4 print portfolio, printing costs.
- £12.50 - Kickstarter fees.
- £5 - Transaction fees.
- £32.50 - Stress fund.
Postage is calculated with each order.
Risks and challenges
Possibly the most real risk is that the pound will bottom out further, and printing etc may start costing more. I've included over 10% of the budget as a stress fund to allow for this.
The book is ready to print, as you can see from the video.
I am not in the process of completing fulfilment for any past projects.
This book does not require review or approval from any outside agents.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)