An unarguable musical prodigy, Hawaiian-born Kuha'o Case is only three years into his own journey of personal discovery. After discovering that he had a special connection with the piano, Kuha'o taught himself to play both the piano and the organ. As if this accomplishment is not impressive enough, the most inspiring aspect of this young man's extraordinary talent is that he is blind. In fact, translated from Hawaiian, Kuha'o means 'extraordinary,' and his middle name, Makana, means 'gift'. He truly both posseses and is an 'extraordinary gift'. In his short fifteen years, Kuha'o has already lived up to his own name.
Anyone who has the privilege of hearing him play the piano is significantly moved by the magnitude of his gift. He needs to share it with the world!
Kuha'o's dream is to be able to put out his first CD. By reaching our funding goal, Kuha'o will be able to do just that. He will be able to acquire the appropriate instruments (he doesn't even own his own piano), and the necessary access to a recording studio. On the Big Island of Hawaii, Kuha'o's musical opportunities are limited. However, here in Utah, access to the appropriate resources and people has been lined up to help Kuha'o on his exciting journey of launching his first album—provided that we meet our funding goal!
Our goal of $30,000 will provide the necessary funds for:
- Travel expenses for Kuha’o and his grandmother to come to Utah
- Recording studio fees
- CD production, including the printing and associated artwork
- Photographer & videographer fees
- Website development and maintenance
- Equipment to help him manage and upload to his YouTube channel from his own home
- Most importantly…HIS OWN PIANO!
See more of Kuha'o:
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VISIT KUHA'O'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL. See more of how amazing his gift is and get a better taste of his musical abilities.
Recent Emails from Kuha'o and his Parents:
We are so blessed to have such an amazing son. We are grateful for the opportunity with KICKSTARTER, so that Kuhaʻo may be able to share his love and gift of music with so many. With his unique style and creative renditions, he may just keep you wanting more. We are so very thankful and humbled by the kind words and support for Kuhaʻo from everyone. We are so excited for Kuhaʻo and his next adventure.
Kuha'o Makana Kawaauhau Case
Special thanks to the following:
- Kuha'o's family for their unwavering support and infinite encouragement; Kuha'o never could have started the journey without you
- Willy Navarro from Image Sense Hawaii for the filming of the video
- KUTA Channel 8 of Logan Utah for video production
- Barbara Townsend for her endless friendship, support, & advocacy; Kuha'o is eternally grateful
- Everyone else who already has helped, and will continue to help Kuha'o reach his dream
FREESTYLERS: CRACKS (FLUX PAVILLION REMIX)
GOTYE: "SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW"
BEATLES: "STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER"
DUBSTEP REMIX OF ELLIE GOULDING'S "LIGHTS"
JENNIFER LOPEZ: "ON THE FLOOR"
LINDSEY STIRLING: "CRYSTALIZE" VIOLIN DUBSTEP
KANSAS: "CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON"
Support this project
- (30 days)