You and your fellow players are private detectives on the hunt for a serial killer, gathering as much evidence as possible. You’re also sabotaging each other's investigations.
One man has offered to help - Dr. Xyko (aka Dr. Xyko “The Psycho”). He is a brilliant criminal psychologist but also an imprisoned serial killer. Dr. Xyko can help you find the killer but he also wants to drive you all insane!
Multiple Copies: Get a second or third copy of the Basic Edition, by adding $22 for each additional copy.
Download the Saints and Scoundrels rules HERE.
Multiple Copies: Get a second or third copy of the Deluxe Edition, by adding $35 for each additional copy.
Manufacturing and Fulfillment: The Game Crafter will manufacture and fulfill Saints and Scoundrels
LIMITED! GET YOUR PICTURE IN THE GAME ($150 Pledge tier): Your picture and first name will be on the player reference cards as a playable character or as one of the suspects in the Surly Suspects Expansion. The first 5 supporters of this pledge will be on the player reference card. The remaining 3 supporters will be in the Surly Suspects expansion.
After the end of the Kickstarter, I will work with you to get a good portrait picture for the game. You may dress in a pulp-era costume but a costume is not required. All submitted pictures are subject to final approval by GCRS Games.
This pledge level also includes a copy of Saints and Scoundrels: Deluxe Edition.
I love stretch goals. But I thought my potential backers would prefer me to keep this Kickstarter campaign simple and low risk. So there are no stretch goals. However, the Deluxe Edition offers an upgraded game board made of chip board rather than card stock.
- Be a Saint or a Scoundrel - Lie or tell the truth – you can use both to take advantage of your rivals.
- Take Risks or Play It Safe - Risk takers visit the brilliant but psychotic Dr. Xyko. Others stay far away. Either can lead to victory.
- Pulp Theme - You’re a grizzled gumshoe cleaning-up the mean streets…but fame and fortune wouldn’t hurt either.
- A “Beer and Pretzels” Game - Enjoy a quick (20-30 minutes), funny, and laid-back, game of wits with your friends.
- Play Anywhere with Anyone - Put it with you in a purse or backpack. Take it with you to a restaurant or cafe and introduce it to a non-gaming friend or hard-core gamer while you're waiting for your meal.
The detective who moves farthest along the Evidence Track without going insane is the winner.
Each player has two cards. On your turn, select a card to play. Put it face down on the table and claim it is one of the Movement cards:
- Witness - moves 2 spaces
- Analyst - moves 3 spaces
- Informant - moves 4 spaces
You can lie or tell the truth. Any of the other players can say, "I think you're lying!"
Rather than accuse you of lying, any of the other player's can also choose to play a Menace card:
- Thug - Blocks Witness
- Saboteur - Blocks Analyst
- Hitman - Blocks Informant
The other player may be lying or telling the truth. Now it's up to you to figure out if you're being lied to or not!
Winning a Challenge:
If you catch another player lying or you trick another player into calling you a liar when you're really telling the truth, you get a bonus! You can move an extra space forward or move the other player back one space.
Dr. Xyko Combo:
Instead of playing a Movement card, you can play a Dr. Xyko combo. Two cards with a common color band (blue, red, or yellow) is a Dr. Xyko combo.
Just put down both of your cards face down on the table and say, "I'm going to see Dr. Xyko." Of course, you can lie about this, too. Whatever the case, you must take 2 Dr. Xyko cards. Don't peek. You can't see your Dr. Xyko cards until the end of the game. The good news is a Dr. Xyko combo moves you 7 spaces, catapulting you across the board!
End Game and Winning:
- The game ends when any player reaches the end of the game board.
- Everyone reveals their Dr. Xyko cards.
- Any player with 3 or more "Dr. Xyko heads" has been driven insane by Dr. Xyko and is out of the game.
- Of the remaining players, the player furthest along the track is the winner!
How to play:
Playthrough by Unfiltered Gamer - Saints and Scoundrels portions begins around the 2:00:00 mark.
- Shipping is free within the U.S.
- Add $6 for shipping to Canada
- Add $15 for shipping outside of U.S. or Canada
The rules, box art, all cards/components except for the Player Reference and Surly Suspects cards are already completed. The post campaign work will focus mainly on obtaining, modifying, and incorporating pictures from "Your Picture in the Game" supporters.
- October 23, 2019 - End of Kickstarter campaign
- October 24, 2019 - Begin work with "Your Picture in the Game" supporters
- January 24, 2019 - Pictures finalized; Proofs ordered
- February 15, 2020 - Bulk order submitted to The Game Crafter
- March 2020 - Games shipped
Risks and challenges
This is my first Kickstarter but I kept the campaign as simple and as low risk as possible.
- The rules, box art, all cards/components except for the Player Reference and Surly Suspects cards are already completed.
- No stretch goals to cause any complications
- The Game Crafter will manufacture and ship games.
- The Game Crafter is a US-based company; tariff issues should not affect manufacturing.
- The Game Crafter has been manufacturing and shipping games for over 10 years.
- If any problems arise, I will work through them and update supporters through the GCRS Games web site, GCRS Games Facebook page, and e-mail.
- (30 days)