Will you be able to save the inhabitants of BioStation, and uncover the mystery of it's desertion? In this is a fun platformer / shooter about a robot fleeing a doomed space station you will have your wits tested and your funny bone tickled as you explore the nature decks, crew deckls and lab decks, upgrading your gear, fighting giant bosses and solving puzzles!
There are a myriad of factors that will make this game unique:
- Collectibles found throughout the station which pay for various upgrades (e.g. ammo & health)
- Single hub level allows you instant access to all of the station
- Original score from the creative director behind the X series
- As a robot in deep space this will afford the ability to not only explore space in a unique and fun way, but also to have fun with gravity (or lack of it!)
- Boss levels (and they are gonna be big!)
- Each puzzle is different and does not rely on one single mechanic
Whilst being a different take on the genre, this game still pays a lot of homage to arcade games of the early nineties and eighties. So whilst the game-play is refreshing and new, it still has a feeling of familiarity.
Here is the (pre-alpha) teaser from greenlight to give you an idea of the feel / gameplay:
The space station will have much to explore. It is broken up into Nature (or "biodome") decks, crew decks and the laboratory decks. In each one there is an animal to rescue, but along the way there will be items to collect, which will flesh out the story and allow you to buy better gear, baddies to fight and tricky puzzles to solve. The Bio Station is protected by many robots out to get you. However not all of them are bad, and there will be some friendly giants out there too that will help you in your quest. That being said there are some giant baddies that wont be quite as friendly.
You as the main character wont have many abiliies, and will be much like a normal person. With some exceptions:
- You can move about in outer space
- You are an "animal whisperer" so like in the video you can team up with a squirrel, for example, to take out baddies with DEADY ACORNS
- Your feet stick to surfaces in zero gravity
So really getting through the station will be largely down to you own ingenuity and inventiveness!
Developing the game and producing creative content is really a labor of love for the people involved, as such those costs are not what we are approaching the kickstarter community for. The small amount we are hoping to raise is to cover a license for the game engine and texturing packages in order to bring the game to the world, and also to contribute towards music and some other expenses.
There is still plenty to do, for example there will be a few minutes of story clips and of course voice acting still to add.
The game will be available on Steam, Mac, and Linux and Windows.
If there is plenty of support there are lots of extra things that could be done to help ensure that the final product is as polished as possible, so here is an idea of the current stretch goals:
- £1500 It would be fantastic to get more 3d assets and music for even more enjoyable environments
- £2000 This will allow for the creation of additional levels, and spend time improving the website with some fun gizmos
- £3000 Extra challenge mode, and some pretty awesome creative content
We're supporting http://kickingitforward.org
Risks and challenges
It´s been a long road up to this point, but I am confident that the most difficult parts of this project have been overcome - so really the risk factor is how much time the remainder of the game requires.
There needs to just need a final boost to get to the finish line.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (40 days)