About this project
We want to make sure you are protected and taken care of incase of an accident. Thanks to Cosmo's integrated App, emergency responders are notified seconds after your helmet hits the ground with your medical history and emergency contacts included. Cosmo is here to put you, your family & friends at ease, while you conquer the open road!
Motorcyclists and bikers are often overlooked on the road, leaving you at danger of being hit by other cars. Cosmo Connected, detachable rear brake light helmet accessory, is here to provide you with an easy solution to protect yourself on the road.
- Rear Brake Light - Shines bright red to indicate the deceleration of a motorcycle driver.
- Advanced Accelerometer & Gyrometer - Our state of the art accelerometer and gyrometer technology is extremely accurate and will ensure quick readings.
- Smartphone Integrated App - The Cosmo smartphone app will automatically notify emergency responders as well as your preselected contacts when an accident is detected.
Shines bright red to indicate the deceleration of a motorcycle driver.
Mimicking the brake light of a car, Cosmo shines bright red when riders decelerate.
When you decelerate, Cosmo lights up red, warning anyone behind you that you are coming to a stop or you are slowing down. This allows riders to be more visible in all weather conditions.
The Cosmo flashes red in warning mode, notifying those on the road that you are there.
If your bike breaks down or you are stuck in traffic, you can set the Cosmo to "warning mode" via the smartphone application.
If you happen to fall or get into an accident and your helmet hits the ground, Cosmo automatically starts blinking red, notifying drivers that you are on the ground and you need help.
Accurate sensors detect the speed and deceleration of the rider.
The deceleration of the rider is known via the accelerometer of the product. The light goes on upon deceleration, even if the rider does not press the brake of the vehicle (by releasing the accelerator or by retrograde).
The gyrometer detects the rate of change of angles undergone by the helmet around 3 axes. The electronic signatures of these movements, coupled with those of the accelerometer, make it possible to detect a fall.
BLE technology allows for quick communication with your smartphone.
Cosmo communicates with the biker's smartphone in Bluetooth® Low Energy to maximize the autonomy of the Cosmo Connected product and the biker's smartphone.
Cosmo is equipped with a 900mAh Lithium Ion rechargeable battery.
The battery offers an autonomy of 5h to 8h of continuous use and 5 to 7 days of standby. Cosmo can be charged using the supplied micro-USB cable, approximately once a week, depending on the intended use.
An app built to increase user personal safety and save lives.
The Cosmo app is packed with features that decrease the time it takes to call emergency responders and notify loved ones of an accident.
Automatically notify emergency responders and contacts.
Preprogram your medical history into the app so that emergency responders know exactly what to expect when they arrive. Also your emergency contacts will be notified of the accident via text message.
Cosmo automatically detects accidents and takes action.
If the device detects the driver’s fall, it will warn the app through the Bluetooth® connection and automatically alert an emergency roadside assistance platform that will try to reach the driver.
If the driver is unresponsive, the operator will call rescue within 3 minutes and sends first responders the GPS coordinates, along with the medical profile of the driver.
Magnetic snap secure design makes connecting Cosmo quick and easy.
We worked with the best designers and engineers to create an efficient, easy to use, reliable product that works in all weather conditions when it is most important. With Cosmo Connected, you’ll be seen on the road despite rain, fog, or snow.
Swap Cosmo between helmets with the magnetic base.
The magnetic base is positioned on the back of the helmet with a pre-installed double-sided adhesive. Simply place the double-sided adhesive to your helmet, let it sit for 8 hours to guarantee strong adhesion, clip and unclip your Cosmo as needed for charging or easy storing.
Cosmo is designed to detach from your helmet in the case of a crash to maintain the structural integrity of your helmet for utmost protection.
We worked with the best designers and engineers to create an efficient, easy to use, reliable product that works in all weather conditions.
New applications of its technology on other vehicles and for other uses will soon be unveiled by Cosmo Connected.
The safety accessory developed by Cosmo Connected, can be used in a variety of different situations: biking, skiing, horseback riding, extreme sports...as well as in the professional world where dangerous situations are commonplace (construction, policing, the handling of heavy equipment, deliveries, etc.)
Laurent: "I can't wait to be able to start using this connected stoplight on my helmet ! Sounds like a great new personal safety device for motorcycle riders !" - Facebook @CosmoConnected
Arnaud: "Thank you for the link my girlfriend and my parents absolutely want me to buy one because they are always afraid that I have an accident and that nobody see me fall is really a great product that can save my life and that of Full of other biker congrats to you" - Facebook @CosmoConnected
- Elium Studio: Founded in 2002, Elium studio is an award winning design agency that applies signature design to industrial design and has received 14 awards at the last CES Show in Las Vegas, for work performed with start-ups, multinational corporations, publishers and luxury brands like Withings, Panasonic, L’Oréal, Lexon, or Seiko.
- ESV Digital: Founded in 2004, ESV Digital is a consulting agency for strategy and digital performance, specializing in collection, analysis and data processing to improve the marketing performance of its customers. In 2016, ESV Digital was elected as 2016 Media Agency of the Year for Innovation in the category Pure Player category.
- Wemanity: Founded in 2013, Wemanity’s purpose is to design products and services of the future, by uniting technological skills and social innovation. It is a major partner of our team as it experiments with all aspects of connected objects, robotics and Big Data.
- Defond: Founded in 1978, Defond is a highly reputable supplier of components for home appliances and various industrial applications. It provides one-stop solutions to global companies with sophisticated technical and quality requirements.
- Arrk Europe: ARRK’s prototyping centres fulfil local demand and also work together as a team to share capacity, expertise and material options to ensure they meet our global customers’ requirements.
Created in 2015 Cosmo Connected has been co-founded by Romain Afflelou (Chairman & Major Shareholder) and Frédéric Metge (CEO & Partner), who's bringing financial, industrial, and distribution expertise to the business. Pauline Conan has joined the team in May 2016 as Marketing Projects Manager.
Laurent de Bernède, joined Cosmo in 2017 as COO and he is in charge of product development and manufacturing, R&D, and international business development for the Americas, Asia and Australia.
Two new engineers have just joined to team to work on Cosmo Connected new developments.
Risks and challenges
By using crowdfunding, our objective is to:
- Build an international community around this innovation.
- Raise money to increase our order capacity and keep our retail price below 120$.
- Be the first crowdfunding campaign with a new product that will become a safety standard for motorcyclists, cyclists, etc.
Support this project
- (60 days)