1st Stretch Goal Unlocked! - Free Very Vanilla Frosting Mix with each Crazy Good Cupcake Mix!
About Triann's Pantry
Triann's Pantry has been a journey we didn't know we were on for the first few years! After Eric was diagnosed with Celiac disease, we thought Triann would never bake again! Translating our favorite traditional baked goods into something allergy free was daunting and something we had failed miserably at for the first 2 years. We were all tested for food allergies and intolerances and have been living a gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, and corn free way of life for awhile! (Triann is also allergic to shellfish, but that's not typically a cupcake type ingredient).
We have many friends with children who suffer from life-threatening nut allergies and we wanted to make certain that what we were baking at home could be safely taken in school lunches without risk to another child. We decided that if our kiddos were going to enjoy a birthday cake, or a celebratory chocolate chip cookie, or partake in some traditional family holiday foods, we were going to have to study, research, and go through many rounds of trial and error until we had a result we could feed EVERYONE—allergy sufferer or no, and they would enjoy it. They would even ask for more! No one would feel like they were 'settling' because there wasn't another option. Or for those without allergies to CHOOSE the allergy free version over the gluten, dairy, egg laden version—well, that just makes a baker's heart very happy!
Busy? Overwhelmed? In-need-of-a-successful-allergy-free-option? We are delighted to share these convenient, flavorful mixes with families in the same predicament we were in. These mixes are for all who want to make a simple and safe treat without the need for complicated recipes or expensive ingredients.
We want you to have delectable food that is easy to prepare and will satisfy everyone in your house, allergies or not. This is the first step in our business plan, we have many more sweet and savory mixes on the way. For sweets we have cookies, muffins, brownies, cobbler mix and scones in the works. On the savory side we have soups, seasonings, bbq rubs, refried beans, and an all purpose flour blend. All delicious and free of the major allergens as well as corn and rice. Much more info coming soon!
About the Products
We are very excited to offer our Perfect Pancakes and Crazy Good Cupcakes. Triann has poured countless hours into perfecting these recipes and Eric has poured countless bites into tasting them. These two particular recipes have been through focus groups locally and have received incredible reviews from families with and without allergies.
All of our products are:
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Soy Free
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Corn Free
- Rice Free
Our products are made in a facilitity that is dedicated allergy free also. We take this very seriously for our family, and we consider our customers family!
Perfect Pancakes (And Waffles Too!) - These pancakes mix up with water and oil to give you the traditional pancakes you have been missing. A quick way to make any morning special. Instructions are included to make waffles or pancakes using the same mix.
Ingredients: Sorghum flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, millet flour, organic cane sugar, baking powder (corn free), natural sea salt, ground organic chia seed, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla powder (corn free).
Following are quotes regarding our Perfect Pancakes:
- "I can't emphasize enough that my allergy free family enjoyed this mix. In all honesty I wasn't sure how it would taste w/o eggs and all the other stuff in 'normal' pancakes - It was a winner!"
- "Easiest mix I think I've ever used!"
- "Loved the simplicity of it. It was nice only using two ingredients with the mix!"
- "...this is worth its weight in gold!"
Crazy Good Cupcakes - After trying these rich, chocolaty treats our son provided this name stating "These are Crazy Good". We have received the same feedback from families without allergies. All you need is oil and milk of choice to complete this recipe.
Ingredients: Sorghum flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, millet flour, organic cane sugar, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder (corn free), natural sea salt, vanilla powder (corn free).
Following are quotes regarding our Crazy Good Cupcakes:
- "The Cupcakes and Frosting were delicious, the first one I ate was gone in 30 seconds" - from our videographer with no allergies :)
- "Crazy Good Cupcakes are unbelievably amazing! My girls LOVE them and now instead of being the allergy-free kids with no treats for school they are asking me to make these for the whole class!"
- "I still have no idea how something this allergen-free can taste this fabulous"
- Triann's Crazy Good Cupcakes really deliver... they actually ARE crazy good! It is so nice to be able to make cupcakes (from a mix... I am not a baker by nature and mixes are my friend) that even those who can eat 'regular food' like. They are always a hit"
- "I've never thought of allergy friendly foods as something to look forward to, but rather, a sad replacement for what everyone else can enjoy.....until I tasted Triann's Crazy Good Cupcakes! I would bake these in place of my favorite cupcake mix any day! They are simply delicious!" - from a family without allergies
About The Project
We want to bring our Cupcakes and Pancakes to the market through this campaign. We have tested the recipes with local friends and focus groups and we know they are delicious. So now we just need funds to get things started. $5000 is where we are starting. With this money, and our own funds, we will do the following:
1. Create a space. We have worked with the state and county to identify space in our home that can be converted to a dedicated allergy free food handling facility. Funds will cover permits, labor and materials needed for this.
2. Buy Equipment. We will be purchasing food handling equipment (bowls, bins, scoops, scales, measuring cups etc) that will be used exclusively in this work space.
3. Buy Raw Materials. We have worked HARD to source raw base materials that are not co-processed with other allergens. This has been the biggest delay to this project, but also what we think will set us apart from other products out there.
4. Packaging and Shipping. State approved labels, instructions and all the materials needed to send your products to you. We have sourced safe and economical options that will allow us to minimize the packaging and shipping costs as much as possible.
Our goal is to have the products delivered in plenty of time for the holidays so that you can enjoy these treats with your family and friends. To accomplish that we will be working during the campaign on completing the work space in advance of the project completion. This should allow us to process and ship in November.
We have been encouraged to do this for many years, and are finally stepping up and putting ourselves out there. We are excited to see what the response is and where this goes. We have many other sweet and savory mixes ready to go if this is successful.
How can you help?
Do you think this is a good idea? Are you excited to see our products for sale in the world? Then we invite you to be part of the startup. We are here on Kickstarter looking for investors that see the value of what we are offering and want to be part of making it a reality. Kickstarter allows backers (you) to do that in affordable increments and allows creators (us) to offer rewards for the support.
If you choose to back our project, you will be asked to select an amount and a reward. The rewards are listed on the side of the page and represent multiple levels of commitment. We have worked hard to make sure that our rewards offer value as well as a sample of what we want to offer the world. Starting at $1 to stay informed and recieve all updates (even after the end of the campaign), all the way up to $850 to have Triann and I come and work with you to make your kitchen a safe place for you with your allergies. You are able to back us at any amount and are not required to take any reward, but we encourage you to do so, as it is another way that we can say thank you for believing in us and supporting this company.
Once you choose your backer level and reward, you will be taken to Amazon.com to authorize your pledge. You can use your exisiting Amazon account, or you can set up a new account using any major credit or debit card. You will be authorizing Amazon to pull your pledge amount at the end of our campaign, on November 4th, and you will be able to adjust your pledge or even cancel it up until that point.
14 days later we will receive the funds from Amazon and will begin to ship out your rewards.
So that is it, we have an idea, we have tested it, we have been encouraged to share it with the world. Now we are asking you to help us get things started. We want you to be part of this startup so we can share these delicious treats with folks everywhere that struggle to find good, safe, easy goodies.
We would also ask that you share this with your friends, on Facebook, twitter, email etc. This will help us to get the word out to as many people as possible and give them an opportunity to be part of this as well.
In addition to the updates and comments through Kickstarter, we will also provide information and updates on our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/triannspantry
For those of you that are not familiar with this term, a Stretch Goal is a targeted amount after the initial campaign has been funded. In our case, we are talking about goals that are above our original project goal of $5,000. When these goals are passed then extra goodies are passed on to you. Keep checking back as we will update this section as we get close and pass previous goals.
- UNLOCKED! - Very Vanilla Frosting. Every bag of Crazy Good Cupcake mix will also include a packet of our Very Vanilla Frosting (just add shortening and milk of your choice). This is the perfect pairing for our Crazy Good Cupcakes and will be included for no extra charge
- $7,500 - Everybody Wins Oatmeal Cookies. All backers at $25 and above will receive a bag of our newest cookie mix. We named it "Everybody Wins" due to the fact that it does not include raisins or chocolate chips, so you can make them however you want (this is a HUGE debate in our house). Made with the same allergy free ingredients as our other products with the addition of certified gluten free oats
Projects We are Backing
Kickstarter is an amazing community of inventors, dreamers, artists, cooks, comedians etc and we have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of that community for the last several years as backers. It started with a friend who was launching a CD and quickly grew as we discovered the amount of high quality projects that are running at any given time. Feel free to click on our profile and review the projects we have backed. We strongly encourage you to browse and find other amazing folks and help make their dreams come true, just like you are doing for us :)
Here is a list of active projects we are backing
Verdigris - A Play by Jim Beaver. Yes THAT Jim Beaver, from Supernatural and Deadwood! Very excited to be a part of this campaign to raise funds necessary to produce his play Verdigris. Verdigris will run March 13 through April 19, 2015 at Theatre West in Los Angeles. April 19th is Eric's birthday so this is clearly meant to be! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/verdigris/verdigris-a-play-by-jim-beaver
Chroma Cubes - When Phillip Kilcrease of 5th Street Games launches a new project, I am usually one of the first to jump on. He produces amazing games that are perfect for the whole family. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/5thstreetgames/chroma-cubes-a-color-by-number-dice-game
The Hooky - These guys have reinvented the keychain into something that is easy to hook onto a belt loop, pocket or backpack and is purposefully designed to spin well on your finger! Perfect!!! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1908014986/the-hooky-the-simple-solid-spinny-keychain?play=video_pitch&ref=users
Zubits - What a great idea! Zubits are magnetic clasps that you lace into your shoe to simplify getting them on and off. Can not wait to get these in hand and very anxious to share these with the special needs and physical therapy community around there. These will make life easier for a lot of folks. They are easy to open, but will stay closed through any activity due to the brilliant design. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/873858308/your-shoes-just-got-insanely-easy-zubits-make-them?ref=users
Risks and challenges
Having the commercial space finished and permitted in our home is the most time consuming part of this process. Some of the inspections require 3 weeks lead time. To combat this we will begin the construction and permitting process before the completion of the Kickstarter project.
Volume is the other risk we are aware of. We will not be able to have help at our home facility (state regulations won't allow non family into our workspace) so if the orders exceed our original estimate then we will move to a rented commercial space. If they vastly exceed our expectations then we have communicated with a dedicated allergy free processing plant that can complete a large run for us.
We will closely monitor the campaign and keep everyone informed of these risks and our responsesLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)