iOS Kernel Exploitation Training Course
iOS Kernel Exploitation Training Course
Development of a freely available online iOS kernel exploitation training course based on iOS 9.3.5 on 32 bit devices.
Development of a freely available online iOS kernel exploitation training course based on iOS 9.3.5 on 32 bit devices. Read more
About this project
For years we have been organizing iOS Kernel Exploitation Training courses and those have been so successful that our former trainees are now releasing their own jailbreaks for quite some time. Furthermore the techniques that we developed and taught have been used in multiple public jailbreaks even though the jailbreak authors have not been in our training course.
Every time we announce one of our trainings we get questions from people all over the world if there is a way to get some kind of online training, because they cannot afford attending our training courses due to price, location or their nationality.
Because of this we have decided to create a special online version of a training course that will teach how to create an iOS 9.3.5 jailbreak for 32 bit iOS devices step by step.
The delivery of this project will be
- iOS 9.3.5 app that jailbreaks the iOS device it is installed on in order to run SSH and other tools on it (Cydia installation is not included in base goal)
- Full source code of this jailbreak
- Some 32 bit specific tools that e.g. allow loading "kernel extensions" on jailbroken kernels (plus tools like pyKDP, ZoneVisualizer for iOS 9)
- An online course teaching the methods used step by step
This means this project will not only teach those willing to learn how an iOS 32 bit jailbreak works, but also provide the means to jailbreak their own device to the countless of users of iOS devices like the iPhone 4s that don't get any iOS updates anymore.
What this project will not provide:
- 64 bit only topics will not be covered by the public training material
- there will be no Cydia installed - but this can be provided by others
- the online training course comes without the necessary hardware (like an iPhone 4s)
Structure of the Online Course
The course will be delivered in form of lessons on a website that guide the trainee step by step through the exploitation of the vulnerabilities used. There will be introductions to the knowledge required to solve each step followed by small hands-on tasks that allow the trainee to apply his gained knowledge. Solutions for all tasks will be provided. Combined all these tasks will provide the trainee with the means to develop their own jailbreak for iOS 32 bit devices.
The team behind this kickstarter is Stefan Esser with some help of Antid0te UG coworkers that will be hired from raised funds to e.g. work on the UI of the jailbreak tool and the design of the training material that will be available inside the online course.
Depending on how much you are willing to support us with the rewards go from simple thank you on the website of the course, over early access to being valued as a sponsor with your logo on the website or in the jailbreak app that people will download and use.
Should this campaign reach more than the original required funds we have added a number of stretch goals.
- 120.000 EUR - if we reach 120.000 EUR or more we will eventually package Cydia into the jailbreak app
- 150.000 EUR - if we reach 150.000 EUR or more we will eventually extend the course to also cover how to create a 32 bit iOS 10.2 jailbreak
- 300.000 EUR - if we reach 300.000 EUR or more we will eventually extend the course to also cover how to create a 32 bit jailbreak for the latest iOS 10 version that is released
Risks and challenges
There are no real risks surrounding this project. If financed the time to finish this project can be fully blocked and it should be finished end of October beginning of November.
The concept and some of the training material is already existing and just needs to be put into the right form for public release. Other parts are not finished yet, but due to the nature of the project even if we run out of time we can make the online training course available step by step.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)