About this project
Playout: The Game™
With no equipment required, Playout: The Game™ is an all-inclusive exercise card game accessible to anyone: from the most experienced pro athlete, to the high-school basketball team, to the stay-at-home parent and their family. We give you the tools to build any and every calisthenic routine you so desire, be it a casual interactive exercise game, or the most intense physical challenge your body has ever experienced.
Why PlayoutPlayout: The Game™ consists of:
- 30 Bodyweight Exercise Cards - 10 upper, 10 core, 10 lower
- 12 WildCards - Challenges scientifically proven to increase the difficulty and intensity of each exercise
- 8 MiniGames - Intensely fun mini-competitions that push you to the limit
- Stretch, Warm-Up, Cool-Down, Rule, and Information Cards
With Playout: The Game™, you not only receive the makings of any bodyweight routine you could ever want, but we also give you 6 unique gameplay modes that incorporate each element into comprehensive, challenging, and fun-filled GAMES, and we are always looking to create more!
Join the movement to revolutionize your exercise and bring the joy of PLAY back into your day! Like our Facebook page, or check out our website at http://playoutthegame.com/ and spread the word about our cause!
Life is a game. Play it out!
Everyone wants to be fit, but few of us enjoy the process of getting there. Playout is based on the idea that we can achieve the results we’ve always wanted (i.e., fitness, strength, health) if we enjoy the process. Rather than working to achieve a desired state, play your way there! Lose yourself in the game, and the results will come naturally.
There are infinite ways to Playout, solo or with friends. Gameplay modes vary in intensity, number of Players, and playing time. Since we filmed our video, we have invented over 6 unique gameplay modes that introduce whole new ways to use the cards to get fit while having fun, alone, or in large groups. The game described in our video is called "Playout Pro", and is a high intensity competition for 2-6 players. We now feature "Playout Rummy", "The 6 Minute Playout", Dez White's "Playout Grand Prix" for large groups, and "Playout Allstar". Here's a great clip of Eddie describing and playing "Playout: Allstar" with Dez White
We've just invented a new game called "Playout Blitz" that is great for helping you track your progress as you play the game. When our App goes live, you'll be able to compare your scores and times to other players on the leaderboard! For more information, visit www.PlayoutTheGame.com/rules!
In a world gone digital, we still believe that people have an innate appreciation for the aesthetic of playing with physical cards. The deck fits in your pocket or bag so you can take it to the gym, the park, on long road trips or vacations, and so much more! The exercises are all bodyweight, so there is no limit to where and when you can Playout! Oh, and they're made right here in the USA!
Free Version: Stopwatch, timer, achievements, score keeping, and rules for you and your friends, all to one place. Updates from the app store keep the game fresh with new achievements and new rules for different gameplay modes!
Paid Version: Get everything the free version boasts plus the Playout: the Game deck on your mobile device! The paid app will feature at least one gameplay mode, and interactive linking to other Playout: The App users and your online account! Think "Words With Friends", except with exercises! We call it "Playout With Friends"!
Since the inception and first transmission of Playout onto flashcards, we have Played Out with over 200 people. We've played at sports camps, fitness classes, lacrosse practices, boot camps, obstacle races, airports, hotels, and so much more. Our conclusion? Playout is fun, convenient, and effective for people of all ages, shapes, sizes, and fitness abilities. But why listen to us?
See what they have to say on our testimonials page
Our latest testimonial comes from Dez White - Former NFL Wide Receiver and Certified Personal Trainer/Boot Camp instructor. Check out
$4500 - Card production
$2900 - App Development
$1500 - Media and Advertising
$600 - Legal Fees
$500 - Web Development
Contributions will go towards covering our costs of card production, app development, web development, future videos with our director Matthew Schwartz #Schwartfilmz, legal fees for intellectual property (Patent, Trademark, Copyright), and eventually, our stretch goals.
The Basic T-Shirt
The Pro Athletic Fit T-Shirt
The Elite Socks
The Exercise Mat
The team members of Playout are all incredibly focused on the well-being of others, as much as themselves. Boasting over $90,000 fundraised and donated to charities internationally, an eagle scout award, beauty pageants, lacrosse championships, over $45,000 in scholarship money, multiple half-marathons, dozens of magazine and print projects, countless hours on thesis projects, a grant to build fitness stations around Emory’s campus, and over 10 years of university schooling combined, the Playout team is poised to handle any project.
Our Stretch Goals
- $10,000: Revamp of cards, more decks printed and at a larger scale, finish out for pay app which will include updates from our site as far as new achievements, and workouts. App goes live for iPhone!
- $11,000, $12,000, $13,000,... : For each $1,000 we raise after $10,000, we donate $10 to an organization that builds Playgrounds around the country, and around the world! (i.e. Playground Builders, KaBOOM, PlaygroundIDEAS, etc.)
- $15,000: Online store now includes graphic t-shirts and tank tops, along with waterproof cards. App now includes communication between other users with said app, so that you can Playout with your friends who might be further away! Paid App now includes a digital version of the physical card deck!
- $20,000: Online store now includes Playout: Junior (for kids), and Playout 2 (Cardio, Speed and Agility, and Balance)! App now includes Playout playlists, new gameplay modes available on the app and downloadable Playout routines that you choose to highlight for your own use. All new expansion decks are also available now for purchase onto your app as extensions.
- $25,000: Online store now includes Playout: Martial Arts, and Playout: Yoga!
- $30,000: App now includes coaching modes. Download for everyone on your team, and you can share your Playout playlists, weekly checklists, and get updates on whether people completed all of the achievements you set for them!
- $35,000: App now includes coaching modes where you can work with a Playout representative to build workouts and give a download code to everyone on your team to complete!
- $40,000: App now includes animation of the blue, red, and yellow characters performing exercises.
- $50,000: Online store now includes one or more of Playout: Basketball, Playout: Lacrosse, Playout: Football, and Playout: Soccer. App now includes collaborative, turn-based in game workouts. Instead of trying to schedule a time to Playout live with someone else, in game messages and active opponent modes allow for you to go head to head with someone else on a given day without having to manage coordination outside of the app.
- $60,000: App now includes recordable gameplay mode, where you can play out on your own, or against a computer opponent, and then challenge a friend to play out against your recording at any given time.
- $75,000: App now goes live for blackberry, and windows phones! A new card game will be introduced in addition to the expansion sets. The new deck will be based off a traditional deck of cards,
$100,000: Online store now includes online accounts. Share your Playout activity and achievements
online with simple, easy to manage accounts that link directly to your
smartphone app if you have one! For example: Take a picture of yourself Playing Out at the Eiffel Tower, put it up on your Playout page. Then watch as the Playout community gives you "props" your efforts! Get enough props, and you'll receive a new Playout rank and Playout swag. Special editions of all cards, along with addition of expansion packs for our most popular Playout game types!
Music credit goes to Broke For Free for "Night Owl": http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Broke_For_Free/Directionless_EP/Broke_For_Free_-_Directionless_EP_-_01_Night_Owl
Risks and challenges
Some of the challenges Playout will face are the standard growing pains of fledgling startup. For some of us this is our first startup and we're learning new things constantly.
Because of the uniqueness of the Playout concept and gameplay, Playout: The Game is a product that must be explained, rather than instantly understood by the majority of our audience. This is a process we greatly enjoy, but takes time. We will need to protect our product, name, and game mechanism with intellectual property rights. The trademarking, patenting, and copyrighting of Playout: The Game has been expensive, but crucial to our success.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (35 days)