The home audio market is evolving, and Grace Digital is leading the way. We combined the latest Wi-Fi audio streaming technologies from Google, added Bluetooth audio streaming, and over 30,000 AM/FM/HD radio stations from around the corner to across the globe. The Grace Mondo+ can even be controlled by the Google Assistant on devices like Google Home, the front panel controls, free smartphone apps, or the included remote control. We wrapped the technology in a beautifully crafted cabinet, and drive the audio with custom made speaker drivers and high performance class D digital amplification, ensuring the best possible listening experience in a perfectly compact design. We hope you love the Mondo+ as much as we do!
Do you enjoy listening to AM/FM/HD radio? If so, the Mondo+ is perfect for you. Grace Digital has created a radio station database of over 30,000 radio stations from around the corner to around the world. With the Mondo+ you are always in range of your favorite AM/FM/HD radio station via the internet - no fading, crackles, or pops. And if we don’t have your favorite radio station in our database, just email us and we will add it (In a few months we will add the ability for you to add stations to your radio without having to contact us!). In addition to our database of stations we also allow direct access to the thousands of radio stations managed by CBS radio (radio.com), iHeartRadio, BBC,NPR and FOX.
Throw away your old Sony AM/FM radio, and hear the world clearly!
The Mondo+ has a 12 or 24 hour clock option, which displays in the center of the display when the radio is in standby, and displays in the upper left hand corner when the radio is playing music. There is an advanced alarm clock that supports up to 5 unique alarms. Each alarm can be set to alarm one time, a specific day of the week, 7 days a week, 5 days a week (Monday - Friday), or weekends only. You can set each alarm to use any of your saved 10 presets or buzzer. Each alarm has its individual volume setting. You can also access the alarm clock menu to adjust the alarms while the radio stays off. There are two options:
- If there is an alarm that is about to come on and you want to stop it from alarming, simply press and hold the ‘HOME’ icon until the alarm clock icon disappears. This stops only the next alarm, not other future alarms. To delete all future alarms go into the alarm clock menu directly.
- While the radio is off briefly press the “HOME” button and the alarm menu will be displayed allowing you to add, delete or modify the alarms without turning the radio on. (To add/delete/modify alarms while the radio is on, simply go into the radio settings alarm menu).
Integrated on top of the radio is an adjustable sleep and snooze timer. When the alarm goes off and you press the snooze bar it will snooze for 10 minutes. If you want to snooze longer simply press the snooze bar multiple times and it will go up in increments of 10 minutes with each press.
All of these functions are controllable through the front panel, Infra-red remote (included), or free iPhone / Android remote control app.
The Mondo+ is our first product with Chromecast built-in integrated into the product. This built-in software from Google eliminates the need for a separate Chromecast Audio dongle. Chromecast built-in lets you instantly stream your favorite music, radio, or podcasts from your mobile device to the Mondo+. (i.e. Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio).
Multi-room audio: The Chromecast built-in feature also allows you to create multiple different streaming groups. Group a Mondo+ with other Mondo+ radios, or any other Chromecast built-in compatible device (including a Google Home), and stream synchronized to all devices in the group at the same time.
The Mondo+ works with the Google Assistant on devices like Google Home - meaning anyone that owns a Google Home device can give voice commands to stream to the Mondo+.
Examples of how Google Home can control the Mondo+:
- Stream the Mondo+: "Ok Google, play XYZ to Mondo"
- Skip to the next song: "Ok Google, next track"
- Stop streaming: "Ok Google, stop"
Additional note: Change the name of your Mondo+ to the location where you use it: kitchen, bedroom, etc. Then say "Ok Google, play David Bowie on my kitchen speaker." Group multiple Mondo's with other products and stream to groups for synchronized multi-room audio.
We strive for high end audio in every product we make, with no exceptions for the Mondo+. Therefore, we integrated MaxxAudio technology from Waves Inc. which gives the Mondo+ room filling sound that is on par with speakers from companies such as Bose and Polk Audio.
- High powered class D digital 12 watt amplifier
- Custom 3” woofer and 1” tweeter speaker drivers
- Additional Specs: 89dB S/N ratio; 60Hz - 20Hz ±3dB
The 5v USB port on the back of the unit allows the Mondo+ to recharge your smartphone or tablet at any time.
The optional rechargeable Lithium Ion battery, available for purchase, makes the Mondo+ portable. Move it into various rooms or even to listen to music in your backyard without having to plug in. The optional battery allows for up to 12 hours of portable play via normal listening levels (5 hours at max volume). Battery specs: 7V, 5200 mAh
Plug in a compatible USB storage device with saved music files and control and play the music through the Mondo+. These audio codecs are supported: MP3, AAC, AAC +, FLAC, LPCM,ALAC,WMA,WMA9,Ogg Vorbis
- Container formats: WAV, MA, OGG, AIFF
- Playlists: ASX, MU, PLS, WPL
- Protocols: SHOUTcast, WMA Streaming, RTSP/SDP
The Mondo+ has an integrated Bluetooth 4.1 chip which allows it to function as a standard in-home Bluetooth speaker, streaming music through a Bluetooth-connected smartphone. This eliminates the need to connect a smartphone through the AUX outlet, in turn reducing the amount of cords needed.
Below is an SPL Curve showing the acoustic performance of the Mondo+. Darn nice for a speaker this size!
The Mondo+’ Wi-Fi connectivity and Chromecast built-in features allow it to function as a whole home audio system. Connect Mondo+ units together in groups and control the stream content from your phone to multiple Mondo+ units throughout your home.
Wifi Module: Dual band 2.4 and 5 Ghz and supports 802.11ba,g,n Wi-Fi routers.
Mondo+ also includes multiple connection ports for using wired devices such as the following:
- Stereo headphone output jack
- Stereo aux-in
- RCA stereo line out
- USB for flash drive audio or Ethernet adapter
The large color 3.5” display makes for easy navigation through the menus, settings, and apps on the Mondo+. While streaming music, view the channel or album artwork, song title and artist name. The integrated buttons and knobs allow for full control of what is playing at all times.
Beautiful modern design makes the Mondo+ a stylish addition to any room in your home.
Grace Digital has had many technology partnerships throughout it’s 10 year existence which includes the following:
- Power adapter 100-240V, 12V 2amp
- Infra-red Remote Control
- Quickstart guide
- Free Downloads: Manual and iPhone and Android remote control apps
Optional Accessories Sold Separately:
- USB to Ethernet adapter supports an optional wired Ethernet connection
- Battery pack to provide up to 12 hours of portable play
Grace Digital, manufacturer of CES Innovations Award winning audio solutions, was founded in sunny San Diego, California in 2007, thus beginning their successful 10 year history of selling internet radios.
Grace Digital is an innovator in the world of both internet radios and Bluetooth speakers, and a leading manufacturer of a wide variety of award-winning wired and wireless home audio solutions.
Grace is very proud and grateful for their loyal customer base who love using their internet radios throughout their home whether it be bedside, living room, kitchen, or garage. The first version of the Mondo was a customer favorite and we wanted to thank our customers by creating version two, the long awaited Mondo+.
The Mondo+ is our newest product from Grace Digital, but it is not the first. We carry a variety of high end internet radios, bluetooth speakers, and Chromecast docks.
Our vision is to provide the consumer with cost effective, advanced audio solutions that perform with elegance and grace.
President & Managing Director
Jim Palmer co-founded Grace Digital Inc. in 2007, bringing with him a wealth of experience in the consumer electronics industry. As head of the senior management team, Jim is responsible for Grace’s worldwide operations, product management, marketing/brand management, and international sales. Jim’s vast number of contacts and knowledge of the industry have been the catalyst for Grace’s rapid growth. Prior to founding Grace Digital, Jim served as the President of North American operations for VTech, where he was responsible for VTech’s complete portfolio of telephony products, including the AT&T telephone brand license. Additionally, Jim served as Vice President of Product Development and Marketing at Uniden, Inc., where he was responsible for Uniden’s complete portfolio of consumer products in the North American market. Prior to that, Jim spent 14 years at Motorola, Inc. launching a number of wireless product lines in both the North American and European markets. Jim is also a past member of the Young President’s Organization (YPO). He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology and has additional training in biomedical engineering, human factors, wireline, and wireless technologies.
Chief Executive Officer
Greg Fadul co-founded Grace Digital Inc. with Jim Palmer in 2007. Greg’s extensive background in the consumer wireless and audio industries were invaluable during Grace’s early days. As Grace’s CEO, he is responsible for the product development and marketing of Grace’s growing connected home product portfolio.
Grace’s main product lines include Wi-Fi internet radios, which include wireless internet tuners and media players, wireless indoor and outdoor speakers, rugged outdoor audio products, and digital audio archiving solutions. Grace has solid partnerships with the leading internet radio content providers in North America, allowing the Grace family of products to support Pandora Radio, SiriusXM Internet Radio, iHeartRadio (Clear Channel), BBC, CBS, FOX, and NPR. Additional integrations are constantly in process. Grace connected products are controlled by infra red, iPhone, and iPad apps.
Prior to founding Grace Digital Inc., Greg served as Vice President of Sales and Business Development at Uniden, Inc., where he was responsible for development of new VoIP as well as wired and wireless Ethernet broadband products. Greg also served at NetVoice Technologies as the Vice President of Strategic Wireless Services and held senior positions at Motorola, Inc.. Greg holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance from Indiana University.
Jonathan Lorenzen: VP, Engineering
Jonathan holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Auburn University and an MBA with a Technology Management emphasis from University of Colorado. He has been at Grace Digital for 1.5 years, is named the inventor on multiple patents, and has over 15 years experience designing and sourcing electromechanical products for industries ranging from automotive to photography. Jonathan is originally from Colorado Springs, CO but now calls San Diego home with his wife and three daughters.
Frank Mei: Director, Electrical Engineering
Frank grew up in China where he got a Doctor of Engineering degree from Huazhong University of Science and Technology. He then got his certificate in Project Management at Stanford University. Frank has been at Grace Digital for about five years now and enjoys the fun and friendly atmosphere, and the challenges, that the company offers. Prior to working at Grace, Frank worked at both Qualcomm and Skyworks Solutions managing International Engineering projects and business.
Upon the release of the 1st Chromecast Audio Dongle in September 2015, we started testing and evaluating the new benefits that "casting" technology could offer. We concluded that adding casting to an internet radio would be an incredible benefit to our customers, and wanted to be first to market. After signing NDA’s with Google and receiving the technical information, we immediately started integrating Chromecast built-in technology into our core streaming architecture.
We set out to create a flexible yet full featured whole home audio product and platform. Our in-house engineers along with our technology partners worked together during the past 18 months to implement a complete overhaul of the hardware, and to develop a state of the art new software architecture. We decided to call the new product the "Mondo+" because it utilizes the same industrial design as the industry leading Mondo internet radio plus Chromecast built-in, Bluetooth streaming, Waves MaxxAudio, and other advanced features. We are excited by the results - cast content from Spotify, listen to your favorite internet radio station, or stream content via Bluetooth - all and more are possible with the Mondo+ in one room or every room of your house.
We have built a series of prototypes and numerous software upgrades to ensure the Mondo+ performs flawlessly. Tooling is complete, design has been internally validated, software has been tested, pilot production units were built to verify the production process, and units are being sent to Google for final testing and certification. In anticipation of an April product launch, production parts are on order, and shipment will start soon with your help!
Below is a Computer-Aided-Design (CAD) simulation showing the components being installed into the Mondo+ enclosure:
Please help us out by sharing with anyone you think might be interested in the Mondo+ and make sure to use the hashtag #plusbygrace!
Follow us on Instagram, share on Facebook, share on Twitter, subscribe to us on YouTube!
Facebook: Like us HERE
Instagram: Follow us HERE
Twitter: Follow us HERE
YouTube: Subscribe HERE
- Who should I contact for additional questions? You can contact email@example.com for any additional questions.
- How can I check the status of my order? We will update each backer as consistently as possible but you can always send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at anytime to get the status of your order.
- What is your refund policy? Refunds are processed on a case-by-case basis. We are unable to offer refunds after the unit has shipped. Please reach out to email@example.com for refund requests.
- When will shipping start? Shipping dates vary depending on when you placed your order. The Mondo+ will begin shipping in April 2017 for the super early bird and early bird backers.
- What is the weight of the Mondo+? 2.4lbs
- What are the dimensions of the Mondo+? 10.5”x5.8”x5.4”
- What are the color options of the Mondo+? The color options are matte black, matte white and matte grey.
- What is the Bluetooth range? The Bluetooth range of the Mondo+ is up to 100 ft.
- How does the Mondo+ work for multi-room audio? There are two ways to listen to the same content on multiple speakers: 1) Chromecast built-in: We have integrated Chromecast built-in into our radio. The way Chromecast works is this software allows you to group multiple Mondo+ with other Mondo+ as well as with any other speakers / radios with Chromecast built-in including the Chromecast dongle itself as well as Google Home. This is proprietary software that works under the rules and regulations of Google. The software allows you to stream music from a computer, tablet or lap to multiple devices. 2) Grace multi-room: the Grace multi-room software was developed by Grace and this allows you to create groups of Mondo+ radios ( and future grace radios / speakers). You then can stream any Bluetooth, aux in, USB, UPnP or internet radios stations using the Grace remote app, or on the radio selecting the other radios that you want to add into the group.
- Will Grace Digital upgrade the radio software? If so, how and how often? Grace Digital will provide period software upgrades over the internet to both enhance features and fix bugs. When there is a software upgrade and radio is turned off, the next time you turn it on, it will ask you if you want to upgrade the software. Upgrades typically take about 5 minutes. Additionally, you can always go into the settings menu and check for software upgrades if you dismissed a previous request for upgrade, and you want to upgrade it later. From time to time Google will also want to upgrade the google related Chromecast built-in code in the radios. They do what is called a background update. They will upgrade the radio in the background periodically between 4-6am in the morning (your local time as set on the clock on your radio) if and only if the radio is in standby mode and there is no alarm set to go off in the next 10 minutes as neither Grace or Google want to disturb your alarm or play time. We don’t know how often google will upgrade the software, but the cool thing is, as google launches new software features, the Mondo+ will get them too! So not only will Grace Digital keep your Mondo+ current, so will Google. Thank you Google ;-)
We chose to do a Kickstarter for the Mondo+ solely for our loyal customers that love our products, especially the first version of the Mondo. From day one, they have given us extremely helpful feedback and insight on what they want to see in future products from Grace. We realized that because our customers were the main reason why we decided to develop the Mondo+ in the first place, we want them to be a part of the process from start to finish.
Note: Chromecast is a trademark of Google, Inc. Bose and Soundtouch 10 are trademarks of Bose Corporation. Sonos and Play 1 are trademarks of Sonos, Inc. Denon and Heos are trademarks of Denon Electronics. All product names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Grace Digital or the Mondo+. Product names are used solely for the purpose of identifying the specific products that were compared in the analysis. Use of these names does not imply any co-operation or endorsement.
Risks and challenges
As with any other manufacturer, there are risks and challenges that come with product design starting from engineering to manufacturing and finally shipping.
That being said, the Grace Digital team has developed over 100 products and shipped over a million units into the market. We are fully prepared to handle whatever challenges may arise and will make sure that each backer receives their promised reward on time and feels 100% a part of the process and appreciated for their generous pledge amount.
- (30 days)