Seekers: Treasure Hunt (Canceled)
Seekers: Treasure Hunt (Canceled)
A competitive, fast-paced strategy game for 2-4 players, where your goal is to be the first to find the buried treasure!
A competitive, fast-paced strategy game for 2-4 players, where your goal is to be the first to find the buried treasure! Read more
About this project
Skip to 2:22 mark for gameplay. Look further down for a 4-player demo, setup, and reading eye card tutorial.
The game is best played with 4 players!
1. Fast-paced action: Although there is no time limit, Seekers: Treasure hunt is a race to find a buried treasure. While playing, you will have an immediate sense of urgency and the excitement builds as you unveil more clues for each game. Players do not need to take time to develop their characters, bases, or accumulate money. They hit the ground running.
2. Balanced gameplay: Do you hate it when someone keeps getting the perfect dice roll and you can’t do anything about it? Do you find yourself giving up halfway through a game? In Seekers: Treasure Hunt, whenever a player pulls far ahead, the other players can form temporary alliances and level the playing field. Cards and map layout are designed to keep each and every game as close as possible.
3. Good-natured competition: Many of our cards are just plain fun to say, and their in-game effects are even more entertaining. In Seekers: Treasure Hunt, you do not have to reach a certain number of points, obtain a certain amount of money, bankrupt other players, or destroy other players to win the game. You simply strategize and hold things fall into place.
4. Easy-to-learn and teach: Seekers: Treasure Hunt can be taught in a matter of minutes. It has enough elements to keep it interesting, but not so much that you lose track of things.
1. KICKSTARTER-ONLY Discount: Our project will only be on kickstarter for 37 days. During that time, get your copy of the game at a heavy discount compared to the MSRP of $40.
2. Because you fund our dream: We initially had illusions of grandeur, but honestly, who wouldn’t be happy to see their game enjoyed by hundreds or thousands of people. With each person’s support, you inspire us and give hope to the many small self-publishers out there.
3. We listen & make changes: This is our first time branching into a board game project; however, we have devoted much of our time to perfect the mechanics and to make a game we hope all backers will enjoy. We value backer feedback and look forward to interacting with you all.
4. Stretch goals: These stretch goals focus on making your game even more exciting and replay-able. Most of the stretch goals will not be included in the retail version of the game.
Seekers: Treasure Hunt is a strategy game for 2-4 players, ages 12 and up. A typical game lasts about 30 minutes for two and about 60 minutes for four.
"Forrest Bower" - Bower's Game Corner
Now that you’re on-board, it is time to get everything in order. Before you embark on your journey, here’s what I will give you.
(1) Playing Board - Map
(8) Character Cards
(72) Playing Cards:
(25) Treasure Chest Cards:
(32) Eye Cards:
(16) Colored Eye markers: (To keep track of seen eye cards)
(16) Gem/Crystal pieces: (Represent characters)
(16) Treasure Chests:
(1) Custom Dice:
(1) Rule book:
Ready to embark on your journey?
Not so fast, Seeker. It's time to get to know the creators and pick their brains!
Peggy and I are recent board game enthusiasts. For the past few months, we have been spending our free time playing board games, attending local board game meet-ups, and learning all sorts of different gaming mechanics. It has been quite a fun ride so far, and we have no plans of stopping.
Stepping out of the comfort of our home and deciding to play board games with others was a daunting task. We were unsure how the people would react to us and nervous because we were complete amateurs. One thing that helped was the board games themselves. We started with games like Ticket to ride, king of Tokyo, masquerade, contagion, resistance, and dominion. All of these games were interactive and easy to learn. Because of this, we quickly became hooked and started to look forward to our weekly game nights.
Our goal with Seekers: Treasure Hunt is to contribute to the pool of easy-to-learn, starter games that we hope will help introduce you to the world of board gaming.
Hi Kickstarter Backers! I have a project that I expect will take about $20k to bring to fruition. So far, I have worked with a graphic designer for the game's artwork and video, made multiple prototypes to play-test and send for reviews, and reached out to multiple sources for marketing our project at a personal cost of $5k. That brings me to our funding goal of $15k, a number that we cannot reach alone.
We are doing this kickstarter campaign because we want to give backers access to a game we really think they will enjoy. With your help, we believe we can raise the 15k, which will allow us to manufacture 400 games, provide free shipping within the U.S., and cover the kickstarter and amazon fees.
For an estimated breakdown of costs, feel free to click on the following:
Don't fall victim to the MIRAGE! Read the following to prevent unwanted wandering and loss of time.
Land on all 4 eye stones to collect clues to find the exact location of the treasure and dig for the treasure.
In order to play the game, each player starts by selecting two character cards and drawing 3 playing cards. Each character will be represented on the board game map by a colored gem, which will be used to search for the treasure. Each player's character starts at the designated start boxes. Now the game is ready to be played!
Choose a player to start the game.The game is played in turns, in a clockwise direction.The following are the actions each player takes during his/her turn:
1. Draw one card from the top of the playing cards pile.
2. Activate Character Abilities and Move each of your characters.
3. Use any number of cards (playing cards and treasure chest cards) in your hand.
4. Discard extra cards.
During the game, players can go to the various treasure chest tiles to collect treasure chest cards, each of which has a special ability.Some of these cards help you get to the eye stones faster and help you win faster.
The game ends when one player lands on the treasure location and digs for the treasure.
Click HERE for the full-length rulebook.
Setup and Gameplay
Reading Eye Cards
Jeffrey Hsu, Peggy Chan
Jose Miguel Gangoso, Jeffrey Hsu
Risks and challenges
We understand that there are many challenges to overcome when it comes to board game publication.
First off, there is a minimum order requirement that manufacturers need, and it takes time for the manufacturers to produce and ship all the copies.
With the kickstarter funds, we will be able to reach this milestone and have the game printed. At this time, we have already printed a prototype of the game from such a manufacturer, and our final artwork and rules need to be reviewed before we are ready to send off the designs. Prototyping takes 4-6 weeks for the initial delivery. With that already out of the way, the time for additional copies would be reduced.
Next, my partner and I will need to devote our time to make sure we respond to questions and to address backer needs in a prompt manner. Both of us have set aside many days in the workweek and weekends to make sure we can handle the situation. We are extremely proud of our project and hope that our backers can appreciate our genuine interest. We believe in 100% backer communication and will be sending regular updates about the process, keeping our backers involved and aware of any situations.that have arisen.
Again, we would like to thank everyone for their interest in Seekers: Treasure Hunt and we hope to have the game available for you all soon.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (36 days)