I am pleased to announce that we will be using the services of Backerkit. This will allow you to:
- Upgrade your pledge to a higher tier
- Fix mistakes you may have made in pledge levels and rewards
- Order your add-ons - basically anything you pledged above the reward level you chose can be used to buy the add-ons through Backerkit's ordering system
- Pay for more add-ons if you wish - T-shirts, novel, extra copies of the game
New pledges can also be accepted through Backerkit.
Things will take a little time though. Here is the roadmap:
- Amazon payments will transfer our funds to us on Thursday
- We need a couple more working days to set up Backerkit
- Then you will receive an email from Backerkit explaining what you need to do
- We will have a period of about a week for people to adjust pledges and buy add-ons
- Then we will order the T-shirts from the manufacturer
Shout out - Habitat
With only 3 days to go, now is your chance to back Habitat. This looks like great fun - build space ships from all the debris flying round earth, and then try to beat your opponents in combat. You can certainly build some unusual and humorous looking vehicles.
Chaos Reborn has been funded with just 34 hours to go on the clock. Thank you to everybody who backed the project and promoted it. Thanks to my team for working after hours to make the prototype possible, and providing all the art and publicity material during the campaign. And thanks mum for being such a vocal supporter!
I will be posting a final update before the campaign closes with instructions about how you can continue to support the game and get rewards, including the possibility to contribute with paypal.
I have posted a lengthy explanation of the single-player Realms of Chaos mode on the Chaos Reborn website.
Animation in Progress
I have also posted some initial creature animations by our animator, Jason Pickering.
Royal Creature Skins
Finally, here are some concepts for the royal creature skins, exclusive to backers at Wizard King level and above, alongside noble and normal skins.
I am pleased to announce an extra reward add-on for $10 - a novel set in the Chaos Reborn universe written by renowned author and fantasy world creator, Allen Stroud. It will contain exclusive content for backers only, and will be available as a downloadable e-book with the release of the game in May 2015.
If you would like to have the novel, all you need to do is increase your pledge by $10 without changing your reward. I will be sending out a survey after the campaign finishes for you to identify all your add-on rewards.
Here is a short bio of Allen: He has been publishing short stories and novels since 2007 and currently has a selection of stories available on Amazon. You can read reviews of some of his work here and here, and also here. He runs the highly successful Film and TV Production degree at Bucks New University and also teaches Creative Writing. He has taught a module in Writing Fantasy for nine years and has a Masters Degree in Science Fiction and Fantasy world-building.
Add-on rewards summary
Here are all the add-ons you can have on top of your chosen reward level:
- Extra copy of the game: For $15 each - DRM free, windows, Mac and linux.
- T-shirt: Backer exclusive, limited edition. $30 each, plus $5 for shipping outside the US. (note: A T-shirt is automatically included with the Demigod and God rewards, shipping included).
- Chaos Reborn: The Novel: $10, e-book with exclusive backer content.
Just add the correct sum for your add-ons to your existing reward level and we will get the details from you after the campaign finishes.
Here is a prototype of the Wizard Lord special aura, exclusive to backers. It consists of ethereal emanations from the clothing and equipment plus an animated rune circle at the base. Elements of the aura will be configurable with variable designs, colour themes and animation styles so you can personalise it to your liking. Kings, Demigods and Gods will have different aura designs reflecting their status.