Version 0.18 - Hydra, Hellhound and More
A new version of the game is now available with some great additions - Hydra, Hellhound, animations, playback mode and more. But let's start with a couple of pics.
Forest environment concept
The arenas in Chaos Reborn are based on environment types. We will shortly start work on the forest environment, where the arena will be suspended above a lush canopy of forest.
The elephant is modelled and in the game, with a simple idle animation. Here is a render from the Unity game engine:
There are some interesting changes and additions for this version, so here is a reasonably comprehensive list:
- Hydra: A mighty beast has been added to the game! The Hydra's special ability is that it can attack every single adjacent enemy with one attack action. It also has a high agility, making disengagement from its writhing snake-like heads very difficult.
- Hellhound: An undead, three headed beast with a paralysing stare. Awesome creature!
- Animations: The animation system is in, and the unicorn and Manticore have a reasonably full set of animations. If you see them next to each other you will notice them taunting and evading.
- Dwarf: This pitifully neglected creature has been given some new abilities. An attack on a wizard will shatter an item of equipment if the wizard isn't killed. What's more, he has a limited ranged attack where he can throw his hammer.
- Elephant: The elephant now has the 'bulldoze' ability, which gives it a strength 12 attack against tangle vines, shadow trees and gooey blobs.
- Creature info screen: We have started
- Gooey Blob: When cast it will automatically spread to adjacent creatures. It no longer attacks on the turn it is cast.
- Magic Bow: Reduced range and attack by 1, reduced casting chance to 60% and it does not increase range with subsequent casting.
- Playback mode: You can now review the game using video style controls.
Here are the links for all versions:
The Chaos Reborn T-shirts have been dispatched. Some of you have already received them, but international deliveries may take a while longer.