Version 0.15 public release
The new version of the Chaos Reborn prototype is now public.
If you find bugs, please report them on the Chaos Reborn Prototype Bugs forum. I will, of course, welcome any other comments on this version.
You will not notice many changes in this version, since most of the work for the last month has been re-working of the network multiplayer code. So here are the changes:
- Selecting a movement destination shows a movement arrow with attack lines to potential enemy targets. Clicking again on the destination confirms the move, or you can select another destination. There is no ‘undo’ move any more.
- There is a range guide displayed for creatures with ranged combat and wizards with magic bolts.
- A mount will now not be able to move in the turn a wizard mounts it.
- Combat bonuses/penalties for elevation in close combat increased.
- Unicorn charge bonus only obtained if distance between start position and enemy position is two or greater.
- You can spectate a game which is in progress.
- There is a link to Ped209s tournament site from the login screen.
- The client/server networking infrastructure has been completely rewritten. The unresponsive lobby buttons should now be fixed. There may, however, be other problems with this new networking system since it has not been rigorously tested yet.
- Problems reconnecting on Mac OSX. The client/web browser will need to be restarted to fix this, unfortunately.
- Some graphical problems with Goblin and Giant textures.
- Rarely the game seems to start without the arena in view
Best of luck with your games,