Chaos Reborn 1.5 - New Spells, Social Rank Progression
Here is a brief summary of the social rank system:
- Aprentice: All new players start at this level. In order to qualify as a wizard lord you need to reach a certain wizard level and have a significant success either in multiplayer league rankings or an online realm ranking.
- Wizard Lord: As a wizard lord you may submit your wizard to act as an NPC enemy in realms created by wizard kings. If your wizard fights lots of battles and does well in them, then you could get promoted to wizard king.
- Wizard King: You may create realms for other players to adventure in. If you do well at this, you may be promoted to demigod.
- Demigod: The demigod role will be implemented with our next social rank progression update. Demigods will be able to organised guilds and take part in guild competition.
Promotions occur at the end of each calendar month. It is also possible to be demoted from your social rank if you neglect your duties, although you cannot be demoted in the month following a promotion - so you have at least two months to prove your worth. Also, if you backed the game at a social rank level you can never be demoted below that level.
Here is a list of changes and updates included in v1.5:
- The first stage of the social rank progression system is in place. You can now ascend the ranks to become a demigod. There is a ‘social ranks’ button on your wizard screen which explains your role and how to qualify for the next rank.
- New Spell - Icarus Tower: A slow moving structure spell that attacks flying creatures only.
- New Spell - Zombie: Summon a pair of undead mutants. If they kill a living creature it will be turned into undead.
- New Spell - Bolt Tower: A static structure that fires a weaker version of the wizards magic bolt.
- New Spell - Paralyse: Paralyse up to 3 targets with this spell. [*]Paralyse effect now makes undead vulnerable to attack.
- Initial card burn mana reduced from 9 to 8. [*]Spell fail mana bonus increased by +2.
- Starting mana reduced for 2nd, 3rd and 4th players - max starting mana is now 6
- A cursor graphic is added at the terrain/entity under the mouse pointer to make it clear what may be selected. Also useful for counting hex distances. It can be turned off in the options display.
- A height display for the contents of a hex can be turned on in the options display.
- Improvements to the wizard icon display in battle (top left of screen). It now shows social rank, bodygear type and team label for team matches.
- Megaspell lists tweaks - more megaspells allowable for a number of staffs, including the addition of new megaspells.
- Staff base stat tweaks.
- Talisman stat tweaks
Please report bugs and comments on game play and balance in our forums. We look forward to hearing your opinions, as always. Good luck with your games!
Non-Steam version of the game
For backers who would prefer not to use Steam, we can make the GOG.com version of the game available to you. If you would like to use this version, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, and please include your wizard name (if you have already registered your game on steam).
We have started compensating backers who did not receive their T-shirts. If you did not get your T-shirt, we can either offer an account upgrade or a full refund for your T-shirt of $35 USD, or equivalent in your currency at current exchange rates.
You may opt to upgrade your account from Apprentice to Wizard Lord, or from Forgemaster to Wizard King, or from Wizard Lord to Wizard King. Send an email to email@example.com with your request for an upgrade, and please include your wizard name.
If you would like a refund, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details
- Your full name on your bank account
- The IBAN and BIC of your bank account
- The name of your bank, and the country it is located in
- The number of T-shirts you requested