Chaos Reborn is Released
Chaos Reborn is finally released from early access today, October 26th 2015. Thank you to all our kickstarter backers and early access adopters for helping us to make this fantastic game. This is by no means the end of development - we have some exciting updates planned over the next few months.
For those of you who have been playing you will find that your wizard, game records and inventory have been reset. Everybody starts from level 1 today. The new league season will also start from today and finish on November 30th. Those of you who have purchased Forgemaster rank or above can start anew with customisation of equipment.
If you missed out on some of our backer upgrades we have kept 3 of them purchasable from in game - Forgemaster, Wizard Lord and Wizard King.
Good luck with your games - and welcome to Limbo!
New features for the version 1.0 release include:
- An extensive set of tutorials and special challenges.
- Realm Quests with an innovative Ally and Invasion mechanic. You can request allies to fight strong enemies, or volunteer as an ally to help other players. You can also volunteer to be an 'Invader' where you take control of an enemy wizard in another players realm. You get bonus realm score for defeating invaders. In order to request an ally you need to spend an 'ally credit'. You earn an ally credit each time you are victorious in battle as an ally or an invader.
- Fantastic new music tracks from George Strezov.
- Wizard Kings can create and edit realms. They can include Wizard Lord players in their realms. Realms can be rated by players.
- Wizard Lords can volunteer for wizard lord duty in realms created by Wizard Kings. You earn lord points for battles.
- Updated Game Guide with 6 new sections for Realm Quests. Messaging system where you can receive messages relating to events and updates in the game.
New Audio Drama Series Announced for Chaos Reborn
Snapshot Games and The Radio Theatre Workshop to develop new multimedia tie-ins
The Radio Theatre Workshop has announced a partnership with Snapshot Games to create a range of new full-cast audio dramas, based on the fantasy combat game Chaos Reborn. The first releases are planned for early 2016. The new series of audio adventures will explore the diverse environments and characters and provide an experience which complements the game.
Former producer of Escape Velocity and director of the acclaimed Elite: Dangerous audiobooks Christopher Jarvis said, “We're massive fans of Julian Gollop's game and it's amazing to work alongside the developers, because we get access to all the art and sound effects, which enable us to create something really faithful. This will mean that fans of the Chaos Reborn game can keep enjoying the experience even when they're away from their PCs.”
SnapshotGames CEO Julian Gollop said, “The prospect of high quality audio drama based in the universe of Chaos Reborn is tremendously exciting. Exploring the universe of Chaos Reborn through drama will greatly enrich players' experience of the game.”
The next step for the series is to secure costs for actors and production and The Radio Theatre Workshop has a crowdfund project launching on the 26th October on Kickstarter to coincide with the official release of the videogame.
Christopher Jarvis said, “It isn't just for the gamers. They'll enjoy hearing the game world expanded with great actors and exciting stories, while audio drama fans will get a wholly untapped fantasy setting to explore. It has everything: giants, unicorns, magic trees, dragons, goblins, vampires and, of course, battling wizards. Bringing that all together is an amazing challenge and a privilege.”
It seems that some of you still have not got your T-shirts, for which I apologise profusely. We will be offering some suitable compensation for this, so please contact me via Kickstarter if you have not yet received your t-shirts, and please state how many you ordered.
Julian Gollop, Snapshot Games