At Georgie we know that your day doesn't stop being active once your workout ends. We design clothes to be worn before or after a workout. We wanted to create clothes for athletic women like us, who want a quick change, that still leaves them feeling stylish and comfortable.
We're offering our first collection for pre-order on kickstarter and we're asking for your help through donations and pledges to bring Georgie Wear clothes to strong, athletic and fashionable women everywhere.
$25 or More you'll receive a Georgie Wear logo headband and thank you card from the Georgie Wear team.
- $65 or more THE UPTOWN SKIRT. This skirt will take you from straight from workout to work, looking your best. This is our kickstarter only price. Chose from knee length or mid-calf, black or charcoal grey.
- $75 or more THE DOWNTOWN SKIRT. Feel comfortable and look great in this athletic inspired skirt that we’re offering for $30 off the retail price! Chose from knee length or maxi, black or charcoal grey with black piping detail.
- $85 or more THE DOWNTOWN DRESS. Look stylish wearing this sporty dress post workout or on race day. Choose from black or charcoal grey with black mesh panel. This dress retails for $105 so pre-order and enjoy $20 off!
- $95 or more THE UPTOWN DRESS. Look sophisticated and strong in this classic dress. Choose from black or charcoal grey with black thread detail. This dress retails for $125 so order now to take advantage of our special kickstarter discount of $30 off!
- $135 or more THE SKIRTS: Dress yourself up or down by ordering both our sporty Downtown skirt and our classic Uptown skirt + a Georgie headband. Downtown available in knee length or mid-calf and Uptown in knee length or maxi. Both styles available in black or charcoal grey.
- $145 or more THE DOWNTOWN COMBO: Look twice as cool when you receive our Downtown skirt + our stylish Downtown dress + a Georgie logo headband. Select either our knee length or maxi skirt and both skirt and dress come in black or charcoal.
- $150 or more THE UPTOWN COMBO: Receive both of our classic styles for post workout life, the uptown skirt and dress + a Georgie headband. Choose from our knee length or mid-calf skirts and take your pick from black or grey for both the skirt and dress.
- $165 or more THE DRESSES: Look great two ways by ordering our sporty Downtown dress and our classic Uptown dress + a Georgie headband. Both styles available in black or charcoal grey.
- $235 or more THE DOWNTOWN TEAM: Look great post-race with your friends in your matching Downtown dresses. Receive three Downtown dresses + three Georgie headbands. (Add $20 and we’ll add a heat transfer team name to each dress's left sleeve)
- $265 or more THE UPTOWN TEAM: Working out with friends is a must, look and feel great together in your matching Uptown dresses. Receive three Uptown dresses + three Georgie headbands. (Add $20 and we’ll add a heat transfer team name to each dress's left sleeve)
- $900 or more THE DESIGNER ATHLETE: Know exactly what you want wear post workout? Work with our design team to create a signature skirt or dress for our Spring 2015 collection. You’ll name the dress and receive an early sample before our collection launches.
We've been developing Georgie over the past year and a half. It began with our search for the perfect active wear fabric that will wick moisture to keep us cool, have the right amount of stretch allowing us to move freely and still look fashionable and stylish.
After we sourced our fabric, we started working with local pattern and sample makers with over 30 years of industry experience, and ultimately we teamed with a production facility in Austin, TX that are known for their high level of detail and craftsmanship. We are proud to work with a local factory and offer you beautiful dresses and skirts that are made in the USA.
We've done all the leg work, and with your support and pledges through pre-orders of our first collection we can begin production right away.
Georgie Wear was launched in 2014 as a collaboration between two artists, athletes and life long friends, Danielle Hatch and Meikel Reece. Our love of sports began in school as co-captains of our high school volleyball team. Danielle went on to study architecture and sculpture, where her background in sewing came in handy as she created a 10' tall Victorian dress for her masters thesis at UC-Santa Barbara. Meikel studied photography and established her freelance photography business, while also working in the fashion industry as a buyer and retail manager.
As we both transitioned into our careers in the arts and motherhood, we found ourselves, like so many women, spending the entire day in our workout clothes. We loved the comfort and ease of these clothes but didn't always feel fashionable going out to dinner in our yoga pants and running shorts. Georgie Wear was inspired by our desire to bridge the divide between our active wear and casual wear. We wanted to create athletic inspired pieces that can take you quickly from your workout to the rest of your day without wasting time or sacrificing style.
Risks and challenges
We've been ironing out all the kinks over the past year and are ready to go to production once the kickstarter funds. We'll keep you updated with emails letting you know the progress of the production and delivery dates. If you have any questions feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)