The Earth Wars Saga Galactic War 2 Main Event
The Earth Wars Saga: Galactic War 2 is a counters based game styled after a miniature war game.
The Earth Wars Saga: Galactic War 2nd Edition
In this wonderful game we have taken the lessons learned in 1st edition and refined the rules down to an even more fun experience. The Earth Wars Saga: Galactic War 2 is a turn based star ship combat system set in the year 3565. It contains a small rules section and a large background story for both the other races of the Milky Way (including its invaders) and an alternate history of mankind beginning in the year 1918. It contains the original five factions with an average of 25 ships and 5 hero ships each, plus fighters.
A note on Rewards!
People have asked about the admiral level. First, I can't change its price anymore, but it is to print two copies, not just yours. The price is so high because I am printing locally, not in China. Second, I will be including one of the free random Alpha class hero ships in the reward just like at the Captains level. I can not change the description though, it has been selected by backers already.
What has changed?
- Improved shooting rules: The clumsy and cumbersome shooting rules of first edition are a thing of the past. It has been reduced to a simple addition of the target ships size and range to target to calculate how easy or hard it is to hit the target. Panic fire has also been simplified.
- Improved Fighter rules: Instead of tracking the hit points, armor, and shields of each individual fighter in the unit the unit has a single hit point value to represent the entire unit. Squadrons have four stages of hit points and as each hit point i reached its efficiency is reduced.
- Improved points values: The points for an individual ship has been reduced, and in some cases, recalculated. In addition, instead of being locked in at a 2500 point game, you can select points limits from as low as 250 to as high as 5000 with each having their own rules for force composition.
- Campaign rules: Rules for extended campaigns have been introduced along with the Convoy raid (with generic convoy ships) and planetary assault specialty mission included to make the campaign work better.
To be frank, there is very little about 2nd edition that does not have at least a slight difference from the original. From turning to launch bays, everything has its improvements.
What do you get in the game?
As the core of the game you get a 198 page rule book! It is mostly ships and background material, but it will be essential to your games. You also get 40 pages of counters. Here is an example:
What will be done with the Money?
Its plain and simple, Printing copies and fulfilling rewards. That is all.
- $20,000 - Models for the UNE 3rd Combined Forces Fleet will be developed.
- $35,000 - Models for the Akoran Expeditionary Forces will be developed.
- $50,000 - Models for the Decoran Republican Navy will be developed.
- $65,000 - Models for the Federation Crusader Fleets will be developed.
- $80,000 - Models for the Andromedan Navy will be developed.
Risks and challenges
If the project should fail to fund, the game will still be available through Wargame Vault on August 25th, 2018.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)