We're a little restaurant trying to grow. Help us turn our rundown basement into a spectacular event space. Party down!
what is e2?
She's a little BYOB 28-seat rustic Italian restaurant on Bryant Street in the Highland Park neighborhood of Pittsburgh, PA. She sources from local farms and purveyors, and has been a home away from home for Chef Kate Romane and her staff for over two years. Watch documentary filmmaker Erin Preston's amazing short film to see more. Thanks for making us look so good lady!
what is a party dungeon?
Okay, it's not a dungeon, but it is a big room on the bottom floor of our restaurant with lots of untapped potential. With the ability to comfortably accommodate 60 guests, our downstairs space has hosted a number of wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, anniversaries, and trivia nights (just to name a few) in the two-plus years that we have been in business. But it really needs some love.
Some features of our party dungeon include:
- A plywood bar with stylish mirror back-splash (circa 1981)
- Four mammoth booths that have no business being there
- Unfortunate lighting
- Water damage galore (hence the whole "dungeon" thing)
- An array of additional bumps, bruises and minor scars
Despite these issues, however, we have hosted some great events and made a lot of people very happy. But we still have a long way to go before our space is beautiful, adaptable, worry-free, and something we are truly proud of.
what do we need?
At E2 we are continually striving to offer experiences that are comfortable, fun, and adaptable to the specific needs of our customers. With this in mind, we've planned a significant face lift for our party space, but we can't do it without your help.
We're asking for $17,000 and here's how it breaks down:
- Communal Tables: We've got a local contractor on deck who's dedicated to utilizing reclaimed lumber and sustainable building materials and processes whenever possible. He has found enough reclaimed hardwood to satisfy all our needs. The most prominent use of this hardwood will be for the construction of five 10 foot communal tables.
- A New Bar Top: Our current bar top is nothing more than plywood painted black and is a real eyesore. We plan on completely reinventing the bar with beautiful reclaimed red oak, nicely finished to enhance its beauty.
- New Cabinets: It's very important to us that our renovated space be both beautiful and functional. New cabinets and shelving throughout the bar area are integral in improving the functionality of the new space. Lumber re-purposed from the demolition of 130-year-old town houses will make them beautiful.
- Fresh Paint: A given. Our party dungeon is approximately 64'x20'x10' and every square inch needs some paint to brighten things up.
- A Little Privacy: We want every guest at E2 to feel special and movable partitions will help us accomplish that. Our restaurant and party dungeon can both get a little bit noisy and it's our prerogative to make sure that the music and conversation on one floor doesn't spill over to the next (unless we want it to).
At E2 we are dedicated to our friends and our community and we would be no where with out their support. We express our gratitude daily by sourcing ingredients locally and working with suppliers and contractors who share our passion for Pittsburgh. As any small business owner knows, we're all stronger when we support each other. With this in mind, we would like to say thanks to a few of the people and organizations that have offered to partner with us in this endeavor.
Harry Geyer, our awesome contractor.
Preetha Saint-Auguste, our designer in residence.
TeeRex, the screen-printing company making our t-shirts and aprons.
Christina French and MCM Communications for helping with our logo and being generally awesome.
how will this project make your life better?
One reason: You Can Use This Space! At E2 we pride ourselves on flexibility. All of the plans we've made regarding this project are designed with our customer in mind. Our re-imagined party dungeon will be clean, beautiful and ready to adapt to your next special event no matter what the size or occasion.
We've also started hosting regular events of our own and we'd like to make them extra special for you too. Sunday Sauce takes place the last Sunday of the month and offers the opportunity to relax, share a table with strangers, make some new friends and of course stuff your face.
We encourage everyone to stop by and check out what you will be supporting.
and as always...bring your bottle, bring your mess.
Want to know more about E2, like what we'd be if we were a vegetable? Watch Nicole Antonuccio's great blog feature video at http://youngburghers.tumblr.com/.
Thanks in advance!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.