Before my passion in brewing beer, I was touring the country as a musician in a band. I played for nearly 6 years prior to taking on Homage Brewing as a project. My wife Lauren's background was in Marketing and Fashion. While working at a craft beer bar and brewery during the craft beer revolution, our interest in craft beer quickly grew leading us to the wonderful world of home brewing. After years of many batches both good and bad, our friends and colleagues became more interested in our home brews and requested more and more. We had pondered the idea of someday opening a brewery, but it was one of those, “that’d be a cool idea” thoughts. As things progressed we thought it’d be a fantastic idea to bring together both our backgrounds and interests and showcase it through our beer. This was the beginning of it all and the founding moment of Homage Brewing.
We value innovation in both craft and design. The creative process always starts with the beer first. We brew what we typically like to drink in the hopes that our palate can relate with others. After we’re set on the beer style, we use our ales and bottles as a blank canvas to display various art forms and interests such as: typography, design, music, etc. One important part of our mission at Homage Brewing is the spirit of sharing and creating art and we truly believe in incorporating and seeking out interest to build character. With Homage Brewing it is really important to make it an extension of who we are as individuals and use our brewing and branding as a platform to connect with a like-minded audience. You can definitely say brewing beer has allowed us to express our creativity and showcase our passion in ways we never imagined.
WHO IS HOMAGE BREWING?
We will be brewing on a beautiful 5 barrel stainless steel brewhouse from Stout Tanks and Kettles shipped from Portland, Oregon. Our storefront brewery will be located in the crafty Downtown Pomona, Ca Arts District on Thomas St. and 2nd St. While searching for our location/brewery it was very important to find a unique space that allowed us to grow and keep innovation at the forefront of our ambitions. Our goal as a brewery will be to create a quality and consistent product and incorporate a year round barrel aging program with seasonal bottle releases. Downtown Pomona has become a melting pot for creatives holding a monthly art-walk, farmers market, and home to landmarks such as the historic and newly renovated Fox Theater and Southern California's rock/alternative venue The Glass House. For many years both of these venues have pushed the envelope by showcasing new raw talent and popular indie acts. We feel Pomona is the perfect fitting for us and we couldn't be more enthusiastic to share our space with you and add to the thriving craft beer community.
WITH THE KICKSTARTER FUNDS WE WILL:
1. Build Out: Any additional add-ons or unanticipated extra materials. We've all seen the HGTV channel and usually no build out goes as planned.
2. Furnishings: This will allow us more flexibility to carry out the vision and look of the brewery. We will be bringing in creative minded designers to complete a beautiful and aesthetically pleasing environment for our brewery and guests.
3. Equipment: Add important brewery tools like lab equipment for proper yeast storage, incorporate more barrels for our barrel aging program, and proper bottling equipment.
Handcrafted Ales: We have 4 flagship beers that include:
- Discovery- Dry hopped Golden Strong ale, effervescent with a peppery spice and bubbly dry finish.
- Reckoner- 100% Brett IPA, drink fresh for a hoppy tropical fruit bomb or age and let it build complexity.
- Unknown Pleasures- Coffee Stout, using cold brewed coffee that's sourced and roasted by us!
- Whitest Bier Alive- Belgian style Witbier, with local citrus fruits and spices added.
We love experimenting and creating new specialty ales. We plan to keep as many as possible on constant rotation. Here's a few of our specialty ales that have been well-received,
- Hard to Explain- Berliner style Weisse. Tart, fruity, extremely refreshing and spritzy. We made two variations this past year (White cherry & Blackberry).
- Trying to be cool - Funky Rye Farmhouse Ale. We fermented this ale with our house brettanomyces strain and matured for several months to build complexity. We made two variations (dry-hopped and calamansi citrus fruits added.)
- High Living - Imperial IPA. Brewed with copious amounts of hops super dank aroma that packs a punch of bitterness and high abv.
We special built a pilot brewhouse system aside from our main 5 bbl brewhouse to create and practice new variations of sour style beers and with your help it will allow us to incorporate more fruit and barrel aged crafted ales as well as experiment and develop wild yeast cultures.
HOW TO PLEDGE/BACK OUR PROJECT:
- Create a Kickstarter account Log in using your email and password. Click on the reward(s) or the green "back this project tab."
- Share our project. Spread it anyway you can, to anyone or everyone that you know so we can successfully meet our goal!!!
- IMPORTANT: Funding on Kickstarter is all-or-nothing. Meaning no one will be charged for a pledge towards our project unless we reach our funding goal.
- With an additional $5,000 exceeding our original goal shall provide funds for proper bottling equipment. Ensuring our handcrafted ales reach local carriers for easier access to your favorite Homage Brewing Beers.
- With an additional $10,000 exceeding our original goal shall provide funds for extra kegs and keg cleaning equipment that will help expedite productivity time and distribution.
A million thanks for your support and viewing of our project. We hope you can share this project with your friends, family, and colleagues! These are exciting times ahead and we're looking forward to start our brewing endeavors! Cheers!!!
Look, Smell, Taste, Evolve.
Risks and challenges
Building a reputation amongst many breweries.
We know building a reputation in the craft beer community will be something that is earned by the consistency and quality of beer. This is something we know all too well being craft beer lovers ourselves and do not take lightly. We will stop at nothing to make our mark with amazing hand crafted ales and can't wait to help contribute to the thriving Southern California craft beer market!
We're willing to take on the many risks and hurdles that come our way. This is our love, our passion, and your beer!!!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)