UPDATE: Fulfillment Status Pt. 2
After some very very hectic days, here comes 2nd part of the fulfillment update! Truth be told none of us have ever experienced so hectic and consuming days as the last 96 hours!
There are a few points to go through, where not all points relate to all backers, but please read to the end none-the-less ;-)
1. ALL but eight (8) Kickstarter rewards have now been sent! We were literally near collapsing when FedEx came late friday afternoon, which is the only reason why those eight have not been shipped. The affected backers will be notified and the orders will be shipped out first thing next week (FedEx does not pick up during weekends)!
We went 3 days without sleep packing these (no surrender!!), and I must confess that my brain was pretty fried at the end there. As such, mistakes may have occurred. If you order does not match your pledge, please just let me know via email@example.com.
2. I understand that many of you have not received a FedEx tracking number. Do not worry - this does not mean your order was not shipped - FedEx are just bloody morons sometimes, and awfully slow at sending the tracking numbers. I will contact our FedEx customer account manager there first thing Monday to hear what's what. To stress this point, a small handful of backers may even have received a tracking number and then a cancellation email immediately after, because FedEx had botched the first packing slips. Again, this does not mean your order was not shipped.
Further, it seems that some have been informed that they need to pay for shipping. I want to stress that this is incorrect; we have already paid for shipping. Customs, however, necessarily should be paid by yourself (as with all international orders).
3. As mentioned in the last update, some of the Kevlar straps did not pass the QC, and there is no way in hell we will be sending out faulty products. Again, this will affect a small handful of backers, and I will personally contact each. Once we get the next batch of Kevlar straps - which should be pretty soon - these will be sent. It's also possible to change to one of the other extra straps (Denim/Olive) for immediate replacement.
4. As some of our Danish backers noticed (many of which have already received their watches) the story cards were not active earlier today. That's now fixed, and all story cards will now link to a (pretty darn cool, if-i-may-say-so-myself) video of the specific car which became your watch. All story cards are both NFC (Android-compatible) and QR compatible, but if you run into any trouble activating it, just let me know!
5. We literally received all the watch rolls Thursday evening (again, pretty stressful!) and found that the color tone of the brown watch roll did not match that of the Kickstarter campaign (it's a darker brown). It's too late to change now, and we have sent those (darker) brown rolls to all backers who opted for a brown watch case in the survey. Still, we feel that the quality remains pretty good :-)
6. I've already received a few emails on how to set the time and date on the watches, so I figured I would address that in this update as well. Please note that a guide is attached in the accompanying instructions manual as well, but here goes: Once the crown is loose/screwed out, you can pull it out in two positions, which you can actually both hear and feel. The first position, where it's not completely out, sets the date. The other position, with the crown completely out, sets the time. As easy as fresh-baked pie!
Also, for those who may be unfamiliar with Automatic watches: If the watch does not run when you receive it, simply put it on for about and hour, and watch the magic happen! ;-)
Finally, changing the straps is designed to be incredibly easy. ALL the straps come with a quick-release system, which is basically just a visible pin, on the back. Press in the pin with a fingernail and voila!
7. All the watches are equipped with anti-reflective coated sapphire top glass of the highest quality, why the glass will have a blue-ish glow in certain light. This is completely normal.
8. We've experienced that the Green Olive leather (extra) strap can leave residue color on your wrist when used. This is especially true in humid weather conditions, and you may have experienced something similar with other colored leather products. Again this is completely normal (although a little annoying), but should completely disappear after it's been used a few times.
I hope, and think, that addresses all the points which have I had noted! If not, you know where to find me. I will also answer all the inquiries which have been sent via email or the Kickstarter message system. In the mean-time, your patience only has to last a little while longer!
I truly hope, and solemnly believe, that the product lives up to all your expectations! It's no secret that this is our very first automatic watch, and we have been very very prickly about all the details (hence the delay) - so we simply cannot wait to hear your feedback and wristshots!
Jonathan & Christian!