About this project
Hit target total goal of $6500 by 11:59 PM Friday and ALL BACKERS RECEIVE A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OFMIM STONER'S ALBUM SO TO SPEAK. Do this by increasing your pledge and recruiting new backers.
Mim Stoner writes from the pit of her beautiful gut. Here delivery is at once fragile and fierce, ferocious. You may make a facile link with early Joanna Newsom and it's true--Mim's lyrical, po-mo fores are fun and surprising at every turn--so many images burst the seams of her song. But I submit for your consideration a sincere early Bob Dylan comparison, where the bark is bad but the bite is even better. Mim jams the social/political and the personal together with wit and dis-ease. I want to write songs as good as these. Let's all get this one.
Listen to Mim at www.mimstoner.bandcamp.com
Necrobisect: Peter J Hochstedler's upcoming album Necrobisect is about death, separation, and the American wet dream. This album is perhaps darker and more sardonic than anything Peter has produced to date.
The album will consist of two parallel formats:
1) The all-analog album, recorded in stereo on reel to reel tape and mastered directly to vinyl LPs, will be in the tradition of the American singer-songwriter--a stripped down arrangement of folk guitar and peter's raw and road-worn melodies.
2) The digital album, released as a download, will build multi-track instrumentation and lush, atmospheric sample-collage on and around the stereo tape recording.
Peter J Hochstedler on his new album Necrobisect:
War and sex are not all life has to offer. The economy is not our god; we have no obligation to its anthropomorphic whims. As a traveler, I have always been interested in geography and its meaning in my life. As a musician, I have always been interested in the sounds things make. My hope for Necrobisect is that it will, both in its song content and its dual, disparate formats, explore the political and geographical space of sound and meaning more completely than anything I have been able to do yet. As a person who will die, I want to know I have learned and loved what I could while I am alive.
Reviews of Peter's previous work:
Risks and challenges
This kick starter fund will cover the cost of the following:
- Album recording on a reel to reel tape recorder
- Mastering and production of vinyl albums
- production of CDs
- download code 12"x12" original art cards
Peter has self-produced 7 solo records and has worked with other artists to produce 10 more.
Production time for the vinyls is subject to the often-long queue at production locations; the August estimate is probably realistic.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (59 days)