Show me what you got.
"Delta" is jam-packed with twelve stories from six unique projects. This book is bursting at the binding with dynamic artwork from a bevy of artists.
More than 120 full-color pages in a case hardcover in graphic novel format (6.625" x 10.25").
So what's this all about?
Beyond the stories of the individual characters, this book captures the evolution of the setting. At the opening of the book, Delta begins in an brutal domain of sword and sorcery. From the shadows, a cynical champion (Pagan) uses his power to guide and protect a world abandoned by its creator. Regardless of how powerful or determined he may be, no one can erase magic from the world or wickedness from man.
Through conflict and consequences, the world itself changes. Years crumble away as stories shift into supernatural western, contemporary ninja action, sci-fi adventure, rough knuckle cyberpunk, futuristic fantasy, and even post-apocalyptic sword and sorcery!
1. Primordia: The War Eternal - A glimpse into the world of Primordia. Pagan remembers the cruel truths of his world and the reason for what he does.
2. Unclean: To Dine in Hell - Before his death, Mahla was a demon hunter by trade and murderer by hobby. After being conscripted into a war in Hell, everything seems stacked against the survival of his soul. His skill and reputation have earned enemies not only in opposing armies, but among his own troops as well.
3. Angler: The Boy and the Beast - Saul Gordon was a small city tough kid before the murder of his father. Bent on vengeance, he has linked up with a sadistic monster hunter on a quest for power. To prove his worth and conviction, Saul must slay his first monster. Trouble is, he may not have stomach for all this murder and mayhem.
4. Nonuse: Broken Home - Ren, a battlefield operative for the Koga Clan, is drawn to the sounds of a child among rubble... and the soldier about to kill him.
5. Nonuse: Demon - A young child has an encounter with death and seeks to find sense in the act of murder.
6. Nonuse: Current Events - Smoke clears, bullets settle, and blood pools as Koga agent Frayar reflects on the purpose of his actions.
7. Nonuse: Message - The Tekiya Yakuza are using a warehouse to store weapons. They have just received a shipment of guns and were in the process of opening crates, but are interrupted by Mujou’s visit.
8. Cyberpink: I am Kilroy - Jace Kilroy is a sort of Robin Hood in the dystopian city-nation of Qui City. Similar to the heroic outlaw, Jace steals the greatest treasures of rich oppressors. The difference being in this age, that doesn’t mean stealing gold, it means stealing babies.
9. Cyberpink: Rock 'Em Sock 'Em - Jack Dempsey was once a proud champion in the famed Coliseum of Ostrogoth Burghal. 30 years after his public fall from grace, the gristled cyborg has an opportunity to reclaim all he’s lost.
10. Primordia: Atlantis - Through exceptional feats of power and deception, Maat sealed away competing gods, taking sole propriety of Her world. Millennia have passed and Pagan’s mind wanders in fleeting thought of those that remained imprisoned.
11. Pagan: Prey - A hero from the “Dark Age” of Niugaea, Baal seeks to teach those of the new world what it takes to survive. Having been sealed away during the advent and fall of science, the “son of storms” may learn a few things himself.
12. Pagan: Heaven's Will - The man called “Pagan” was granted immortality and vast power to serve as guardian of a fallen goddess. Her power is not what it once was, but Her death would plunge the world into darkness and chaos. When the last immortal to hold the job seeks to destroy them both, Pagan must prevent the unimaginable.
Creation is consumption. An idea is born through the deaths of others. The same is true for stories. Every character in "Delta" is part of an entirely different battle for survival they are unaware of. With certain levels of rewards, backers will be awarded votes. These votes will be cast for whichever story you can't wait to see more of. Following the conclusion of the Kickstarter, Ryan Nichols and Kevin Castaniero will be hard at work making final preparations for a follow up. As those who choose to pick up the Character Bible will see, each of these stories is prepped for a full-length graphic novel of their own. Who will you choose to go on? Their lives are in your hands!
Whole Lotta Talent!
- Ryan Nichols - Death Saves, Crimson Legends
- Kevin Castaniero - Death Saves, Beer-O
- Ander Zarate - Street Fighter, G.I. Joe
- Josh Aitken - The Phantom: Ghost Who Walks, Shepherd
- Jeff Stokely - The Spire, Six Gun Gorilla
- Juan Gedeon - Ghost Racers, Horizon
- Gabriel Iumazark - The Last Broadcast, Gutter Magic
- Michael Dialynas - The Woods, Amala's Blade
- Eryk Donovan - Memetic, Constantine, the Hellblazer
- Kim Jacinto - Angela, Queen of Hel, Thunderbolts
- Artyom Trakhanov - Turncoat, Undertow
- Giovani Kososki - Justice League, Cry for Justice, Thunderbolts
- Dawid Strauss - I, Mage, Darksiders 2
- Magenta King - CMYK Monarch, King of No Shit
- Ivan Koritarev - RandomVeus, Darkstalkers Tribute
- Yaroslav Astapeev - Undertow, Broken Frontier
- Lobo Borges - Ledd
- Tong Bui - creator of Xhan, @ink_fist on Instagram
- Natalie Hall - visual developer and tattoo artist at Purple Panther
- Igor Wolski - Regular Show
- Vlad Legostaev - Triumph of Death, Doctor Lucid
- Max Karpsten - The Chronic
- Mark Laszlo - Dark Age
- Eduardo Bromhbley - UFS, Dog Eaters
- Steve Mack - Street Fighter V, Kung Fu Scratch
- Jesus Salas - The Legend of Isis, Zero's Heroes
- Jonas Scharf - Cracken's Crew: First Mission
- Carla Berrocal - Broken Frontier, Vertigo CMYK
- Sarah Horrocks - Zero: Tenderness of Wolves, Study Group Magazine
- Mikhail Hardy - Vagabond Dog, Cold World
- Andrew MacLean - Headlopper, Department O
"Delta" was created, written, and compiled by Ryan Nichols (Death Saves, Crimson Legends). In addition to his work in comics, Ryan has ghost-written a couple of novels for Whorde Worldbuilders and even helped out with a movie. He also has a few screenplays, but I mean, who doesn't these days?
Can it be done?
It's been done! The entire book (12 stories) has been completed already. The Kickstarter will raise the funds to get the books printed and shipped so that you can begin to use them as doorstops, paperweights, coasters, etc...
Should we be fortunate enough to reach any of the stretch goals, the team is primed to put in any additional work needed. As for the follow up project; We are ready to rock and roll. Kevin is an art wizard and Ryan is a writer ninja.
In addition to the completion of the anthology, we are fortunate to have a number of insanely talented folks who have contributed pin ups and additional art for the interior of the book (names included in the full list above).
1. $5,500 - All the better to hit you with - Hardcover Edition! - UNLOCKED!
2. $7,000 - More story for ya! - An additional short will be added to the final book. - UNLOCKED!
3. $7,500 - New cover art by Andrew MacLean - UNLOCKED!
4. $8,000 - Spot UV treatment on the cover
5. $8,200 - Embossing treatment on the cover
What Am I Paying For?
The biggest piece of the pie is going to the printers, at this point. Promotion and production fees will also be used to ensure the success of the book beyond Kickstarter. Any additional funds would be used toward the production of the follow up book from Ryan Nichols and Kevin Castaniero.
Friends of Delta
Geek Out Show podcast
Pod Nerdy 2 Me podcast
Wrestletown science-fiction book
The Adventures of Punk and Rock graphic novel
Metamora comic book
Silence: Track Two comic book
SID: Special Intergalactic Detective comic book
ELEMENTS: Fire comic anthology
Risks and challenges
As I have been working mostly through digital media, printing my own book is a new venture. With the guidance and kind criticism from mentors/sempai such as Josh Trujillo and Chris Copeland, I am confident most of the possible surprises have been accounted for. That being said, the only real risk is some type of delay in the printing process, but I have tried to account for that in the estimated shipping. All things being equal, Kevin and I hope to get the books out early. Time shall tell.
***Special Thanks to Paul Houston for putting together my Kickstarter video! If the video itself wasn't enough to convince you, check out his reel.
Now you know, so hire this guy!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)