VISIT www.brushield.xyz for more!
FACT #1: FECAL MATTER FOUND ON MORE THAN 60% OF TOOTHBRUSHES IN BATHROOMS
You put your toothbrush in your mouth twice a day, but do you ever think of what's lurking on it?
At the American Society for Microbiology’s annual meeting, June 2015, in New Orleans, a disturbing scientific finding was announced:
- There is a 60% chance your toothbrush is covered in poo.
- Fecal particles can spread to a toothbrush through the air after flushing.
- Aerosols can spread about 6 to 9 feet when the toilets flushed and all those little droplets of water that come out of the toilet can contain bacterias, viruses and parasites.
- Bacteria in the faeces particles can lead to severe illnesses such as diarrhoea.
You can watch the full length American Society for Microbiology interview video of researcher, Lauren Aber, by clicking here.
Dr. Mehmet Oz also ran a test on a random toothbrush from the crowd on his TV show and found 3 dangerous bacterias on the randomly picked toothbrush:
- E.coli (can cause diarrhea, bloody diarrhea or abdominal cramps)
- Klebsiella Oxytoca (can cause thrombophlebitis, urinary tract infection, cholecystitis, diarrhea, upper respiratory tract infection, wound infection, osteomyelitis, and meningitis)
- Enterobacter (can cause bacteremia, lower respiratory tract infections, skin and soft-tissue infections, urinary tract infections, endocarditis)
A more disturbing fact is 8 out of 10 times, that poop-residue on your toothbrush came from someone else using the same bathroom.
Here is a research video on "How toilet germs can reach your tootbrush?":
FACT #2: GERMS GROW FASTER IN MOIST ENVIRONMENTS, LIKE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH
Do you think poop is the only threat for your toothbrush and thereby your health?
- Germs are everywhere and they grow faster in moist environments.
- Not allowing the head of the toothbrush to dry out between uses create an environment where germs grow faster on toothbrush.
- Adequate ventilation is needed to allow toothbrush dry out between uses.
- Do not completely cover toothbrush or store them in closed containers.
Which can, again, lead to many severely dangerous illnesses like gum diseases as Dr. Oz says.
The bacteria that cause gum diseases are anaerobic. That means they live in a low oxygen environment and these bacteria are killed by exposure to air.
The simple act of letting your toothbrush dry out between uses will kill many germs.
FACT #3: SHARING A TOOTHBRUSH HOLDER IS THE SHORTEST WAY TO CROSS-CONTAMINATION
If you are sharing a toothbrush holder and one of the users is infected, it's highly possible for you to get sick soon.
- When you brush, you remove plaque and particles so toothbrushes can become contaminated with bacteria, blood, saliva, and oral debris.
- This contamination can be passed right back to you or to others who share the same holder.
- If more than one brush is stored in the same holder or area, keep the brushes separated to prevent cross-contamination.
- Make sure everyone has their own toothbrush by color-coding them.
- Replace your toothbrush regularly after you've had any illness such as a cold or flu because germs can remain even after you've recovered.
It's a good idea to replace your toothbrush after you've had any illness such as flu.
FACT #4: TOOTHBRUSHES ARE EXPOSED TO MANY OTHER EXTERNAL THREATS
Besides major toilet germs (E.Coli, streptococcus, S. aureus and more) and poop your toothbrush is exposed to many external threats.
- Someone can accidentally touch your toothbrush bristles.
- Any insects that carry bacteria, viruses and parasites may contact your toothbrush and leave behind many types of germs that can threaten your health.
- Dirty holders and other toothbrushes are other major threats.
The same material used in antimicrobial surgical and dental trays.
Silver is the active ingredient in Brushield's anti-microbial technology.
Silver has been used for many centuries to prevent cell division, damage microbials and prevent the growth of bacteria, fungus and mold.
As American Dental Association indicates germs grow faster in moist and enclosed areas. Which means toothbrushes need to dry out after every use.
- Brushield allows your toothbrush to dry out by ventilation through its bilateral air flow channels to inhibit the growth of germs.
According to the American Dental Association, again, you have to store your toothbrush in an upright position for a better dry out.
- That's why we designed water evacuation holes at the bottom of our case, which prevents the moisture by quickly removing the water.
American Dental Association recommends that, "If more than one brush is stored in the same holder or area, keep the brushes separated to prevent cross-contamination."
Sharing a toothbrush holder could result in an exchange of body fluids and germs between the users of the toothbrushes, placing the individuals involved at an increased risk of infection.
- However, it is not easy to keep toothbrushes completely separate from others in a real household. Unless you use a Brushield.
- Wtih Brushield's magnetic locking system your toothbrush is safe anytime, anywhere (travel bag, pocket, etc).
It does not unlock unexpectedly unless you want to take your toothbrush out of the case.
Brushield is perfectly designed to keep you healthier while offering a fancy appearance.
It makes any toothbrush look more beautiful than it is.
The standart color of Brushield is Graphite Black - RAL9011. Color upgrade to any other color is $4 per each. For packages (pledges) that include three or more Brushields color upgrades are FREE. Brushield is compatible with more than 95% of the toothbrushes in the market due to its unique design.
All materials and pieces of Brushield are selected to make the cleaning process easier and safe.
In order to clean your Brushield we recommend washing your case with hot water first and then placing it in anti-bacterial mouthwash forat least 15 minutes.
We have designed a beautiful product that everyone would love to use.
A product that should be used by every individual who wants to protect their health.
However, we need your help to get this product manufactured.
Your pledges will be used to supply materials and produce Brushield in the finest quality.
* Anti-microbial protection does not protect against all disease-causing bacteria. Check ISO 22196/JISZ 2801:2000 test method for details. Anti-microbial protection has been tested against E. Coli and Staphylococcus aureus and the result was 99,99% neutralization of given bacteria. The method tests for both bacteriostatic (growth-inhibiting) and bactericidal (bacteria-killing) properties. The use of Brushield does not protect users against food-borne or disease-causing bacteria, viruses, germs or other disease-causing organisms. Brushield is the best existing precaution, not absolute protection.
Risks and challenges
Even though manufacturing a product has become easier in today's highly advanced technology world, our product necessitates well experienced manufacturing and engineering partners. We need them to provide us state of art work with no mistakes, just as we promise to our backers.
That's why we have partnered with manufacturing experts and top quality suppliers. Prototypes have already been produced and we are ready for mass production.
We also conducted extensive research and established partnerships with international shippers to help each Brushield travel safely and quickly to their destinations.
We'll keep our backers fully-informed in a timely manner throughout the entire production and delivery process.
In summary, we have created contingency plans to be ready to face any difficulties while delivering Brushields to our backers as planned.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (51 days)