Our paypal site is already live and it will stay so for a while after the Kickstarter campaign has ended! Here's the link:
Septikon is set in a retro-futuristic atmosphere, resembling the atmosphere of such popular games as Fallout and BioShock.
The two players each take the role of owner and leader of an orbital mining battle station. They are hunting for uranium deposits in an asteroid belt far away from civilization.
There is not enough uranium for everyone, so the players fight brutal battles with other explorers over every asteroid. By using diverse offensive and defensive measures and the a loyal crew of clones, a player has to try everything to put his opponent out of action first.
Septikon is a truly unique game: It is turn-based and belongs to the “Tower Defense” genre. As space explorer you must not only protect your own ship and goods but also send waves of attackers towards your opponent! Send him down in flames and get his valuable uranium!
So how does Septikon play?
The mining battle stations are not fully automated. Thus they are more reliable, however, at the same time they require a crew for manual operation.
At the start of his turn, a player rolls a die. The result determines the distance that one of the battle station´s clones may travel to the required module. Here he will activate equipment or a special weapon. The choice of the specific clone will depend on the current battle situation and the player´s long-term strategy.
This is not at all a game of chance as one might be tempted to think - good players will always have good moves regardless of the die result!
A player may mine and process resources, carry out repairs, and defrost new clones to increase the size of his crew. However, in the face of battle this is not that easy!
A player wins when the other player´s station is a flaming wreck and is completely put out of action!
Game rules preview by ModernTablegamer
For the variant for 4 payers please see the details in corresponding update.
So what makes Septikon special?
It is original. Are you looking for something new? We guarantee that you have never seen a game like this one before!
It is well developed. Like a good brandy, our game was in development for 12 years — that's 12 years of constant testing and thousands of matches played.
It is dynamic. Sid Meier said, “A game is a series of interesting choices.” Septikon won´t overwhelm or bore you. Each turn, a player has a limited amount of choices, however, each individual choice is important and may be critical! This means that there is hardly any downtime in Septikon.
It is multifaceted. A player may try a whole range of different strategies:
- Burning. Burn through the opponent’s battle station with your lasers, cutting him off his supplies, ammunition and oxygen.
- Suppression. Destroy his battle sections and maintenance modules, block his shooters and stop him from recovering.
- Landing. Attack your opponent with a squad of fully armored and equipped BioDrones. Let them rip through his defenses!
- Exhaustion. Destroy your opponent’s strategic resources with quick targeted attacks and sneaky diversions. While he is trying to recover, create an invincible invasion force!
- Massacre. Focus your entire production on creating nuclear charges. Suppress the opponent’s defenses and blow him to smithereens!
It is different. Septikon is a rarity in these days – a tactical game designed for two players.
So what do you get?
Each Septikon box is shock-full of goodies!
- 24 clone figures (in two colors). Each clone will obediently carry out all your orders and activate different modules of the battle station.
- 160 wooden cubes (in seven colors) representing the “resources” that are needed to run the station and keep it safe: Oxygen, Metal, Rockets, BioMass, Energy, BioDrones and Uranium.
- 10 BioDrone figures to attack the other station.
- 8 rocket figures for those who like it hot.
- 4 nuclear rocket figures for those who like it even hotter.
- 8 satellite figures. They establish outer battle stations.
- 8 energy shield figures. Energy shields are efficient defensive measures.
- 80 damage tokens. During a battle the stations will take a lot of damage and many modules will be completely taken out of action;
- 1 large game board including two battle stations and, you guessed it, outer space.
- 2 six-sided dice. A single roll at the beginning of the turn will determine the “time period” a player may use in his turn.
- Zip lock bags to store your components + an inlay tray for the box, further helping you sorting the components.
- 2 rules booklets. One, consisting of just 2 pages, contains the Intro Game Rules, the other, the full rules (8 pages).
Septikon includes English, German, and French language rules!
How did Septikon come to life?
Septikon was created by Russian game designer Konstantin Seleznev. He polished the game over 12 years and thousands of test matches. In 2011, Septikon was picked up by Hobby World and fine-tuned for another year. The game was released in Russia in 2012.
Hobby World is the largest Russian board- and card gaming manufacturer with more than 50 employees in its Moscow and Kiev offices.
Now we hope to present this absolutely fascinating game to the non-Russian gaming world in a Deluxe Edition with plastic figures.
What are the Benefits for supporters?
Make it happen
First of all your help will allow us to produce Septikon the way it should be done with solid and quality plastic figures! We will work with Panda (http://www.pandagm.com/) one of the best manufacturers of board games in the world.
Only for the Kickstarter version we will include 6 special Research & Development cards! These cards upgrade some of your station´s modules, making it unique according to your battle plan.
If you order the game here on Kickstarter, you´ll get the game a full two weeks before anyone else! Wave it around in front of your friends! Make yourself the envy of your game group.
Print 'n' Play version
All backers with Pledge $10 and more will get Print and Play version of the game. It will include all what are necessary to start your game early: game filed consists of 6 A4 pages, rules and reference cards and very beautiful art for most important objects of the game. They are two sided and are formatted to stand on its own with the help of folding system. All you need is to add tokens of 7 colors (for example wooden cubes) which will represent resources and two d6 dice.
A handmade Fimo edition
We used this on Essen 2012 and there were too many proposals to buy it from us for any amount of money. But now we could make it even better as our skills are improving with each new copy of hand-made Septikon. All object and resources for the game made by hands of our friends and families with Fimo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fimo). It is very colorful material which become hard after baking. This version will include oversized game field and all Kickstarter-exclusives also included.
We have lots of surprises waiting for you here. Many of them are Kickstarter-exclusive!
US preorders are shipped free of charge. All other international locations, please add $15 to receive your preorder.
An additional information for all EU backers. Septikon will be sent to you from Germany. So there will be no custom duties for you.
Help us to launch Septikon internationally!
Risks and challenges
We have over 100 different games in our portfolio, and therefore should not experience any difficulties in the production or printing of this game.
However, as we have started to work with new printing and logistics partners, there could be delays with the timing of the game's delivery to its backers. We had such kind of delay with our other project - the tactical card game Berserk http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1194220798/berserk-war-of-the-realms . Now it is in production and will be delivered in December of this year.
To be on the safe side we have decided to give May 2014 as the delivery date for Septikon. Yet we hope to be faster than that.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)