If you could see your loneliness, what would it look like?
Everyone experiences loneliness at some point or another. I've noticed that even though loneliness is so universal, there isn't much that teaches you how to face it. That's where Lonesomes comes in.
Lonesomes tells the story of mystical creatures called Lonesomes that are drawn to a person's unique loneliness.
Being lonely isn't easy, which is why this story tackles it head on by combining that complicated feeling with the whimsical world of the "collectible monster genre". ( Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, etc)
This mysterious lonesome reveals itself to Tom after one particularly lonely day. Together, the two set off for an adventure that will carry them through both the lore of the mysterious lonesome world and the depths of Tom's feelings.
Although the book is completed, I think it needs to be physically printed for readers to fully embrace the thematic elements.This is a story about confronting your loneliness. A book like that isn't meant to be read alone on your iPad. It's meant to be printed so you can read it, share it, and engage that feeling with others.
Ryan has been publishing comics for the last two years in anthologies such as Alterna Press' Steam Punk Originals, Santa's Favorite Tales, and, most recently, Death Saves. His focus is on high concept, amblin-esq adventures that combine a sense of emotional realism with a hefty dose of grandeur. Twitter. Instagram
Eder Messias is a Brazillian artist who began work in 2012 with the 250 page graphic novel Assassin and Son. In 2014 he draw Family Secret and five editions of Eon Quest for Space Goat Agency. Eder's art continues to make appearances in various comic books and commissions.
Fahriza Kamaputra was born in 1983 and raised in southern Jakarta. Fahriza grew up immersed in comic books and video games which kept his interest even after finishing school and studying Information Technology at college. It was this interest and the inspiration of other great artists in Indonesia that he decided to follow his dreams to do concept art, comics and film work by training himself with the help of friends to become an artist. In 2010 he worked as colorist on a local comic book "Vienetta and the Stupid Aliens" which led to his work on the web comic "Rokki",Boston Metaphysical Society with the studio STELLAR LABS, His past works are Witchblade by Topcow comics, Mind The Gap by Image Comics, Batman Superman Annual and Deathstroke by DC comics.
- $5 - You'll receive a digital copy of Lonesomes issue 1 immediately following the successful completion of this campaign.
- $8 - Here's where the getting starts getting good. You'll receive a hard copy of Lonesomes #1 signed by writer Ryan Little.
- $14 - This book is all about facing loneliness head on. What better what to walk through it than with 2 copies of Lonesomes #1. One for you and one for a friend so you can go on the adventure together.
- $25 - Leap into the world of Lonesomes with The Book of Lonesomes, a zine of four short stories in addition to a hard copy of Lonesomes #1.
- $35 - Writer Ryan Little is offering everything up on this level. Get the Book of the Lonesomes, a hardcopy of Lonesomes #1, plus a Kickstarter exclusive 25 page digital bundle of my previous comic works.
- $50 - Face your loneliness head on with a gorgeous 11 x 17 print of our incredible cover featuring art my interior artists Eder Messiahs and Fahriza Kamaputra. You'll also receive a hard copy of Lonesomes #1.
- $75 - Retailer/Educator exclusive offer of fifteen copies of Lonesomes #1 at a discounted price for your store or classroom.
- $100 - Retailer/Educator exclusive offer of fifteen discounted copies of Lonesomes #1 plus a visit to your store or classroom by writer Ryan Little. (Must be within 100 Miles of Los Angeles, CA)
- $200 - Here's your chance to help physically sculpt the landscape of Lonesomes by designing your very own Lonesome with writer Ryan Little. Your design will be featured in issue #2! You'll also receive a hard copy of Lonesomes #1 plus an 11 X 17 print of the cover!
Risks and challenges
I've been self published in various anthologies during the last two years. I know how hard it can be to complete a full length comic --
Which is why we finished the book before launching the project. The challenge now is raising the funds to have the book physically printed to allow readers to share the book and truly interact with the thematic elements.
Printers handle the hard work, which is why I selected RA Comics Direct. Their team is incredibly professional and I know they can fill our order in a timely manner. They're based in the US and have a standard of excellence when it comes to delivering books on time.
The book is all set and, upon the successful completion of this campaign, it will be printed and in my hands within two weeks.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)