External Flash & Video Lighting for iPhone, GoPro® & Android
We made Lume Cube to help photographers, videographers and iPhoneographers capture scenes and memories after dark. It’s the world’s first 1,500 lumen external flash and video light that goes virtually anywhere and mounts to virtually anything.
Control & Adjust Light From Your Smartphone
You can sync up to 5 Lume Cubes to your iPhone or Android smartphone using a simple Bluetooth-powered app. The app allows you to adjust the brightness and duration of lighting to capture the perfect shot long after the sun goes down.
Designed To Capture The Night
- Take It Anywhere: 1.5” Cube Encased in Water Resistant Silicone Shell
- Take Command: Fully Adjustable Flash Duration & Brightness via Smartphone App
- Sync It Up: Bluetooth Sync w/ iPhone and Android Smartphones
- Master Two Modes: External Flash for Photos or Constant Light for Video
- Light An Entire Scene: Sync up to 5 Lume Cubes Individually via Smartphone App
- Adjust Brightness: Dimmable Between 0–1,500 lumens
- Mount to Most Surfaces: Powerful Magnet & Innovative Suction Cup
- Direct Your Focus: Tripod Designed by JOBY® Points Light Where It’s Needed
- Lock It Down: ¼ 20 Mount Attaches to Tripods & Action Cam Accessories
- Sync A Slave Flash: Optical Sensor Easily Detects & Triggers w/ Outside Flashes
- Color Temperature: 5600 K
- Shoot Continuously: No Recycle Time Between Flashes
- Power Through: ~2-Hour Battery Life @ 50% power & 1-Hour Charge Time w/ USB Charger
- Light Entire Scenes: Available in Single Unit, 2-Pack or 6-Pack in a Variety of Colors
- Enhance Your GoPro®: Proprietary Mount & Waterproof Case Designed for GoPro® Hero Cameras
Why Did We Make Lume Cube?
All great photography has one thing in common: exceptional lighting. iPhone, Android and GoPro® have done a brilliant job of making photography and videography more accessible, but they’re limited by low-light and nighttime scenarios.
We thought, “Why can’t we use these devices as we would our professional camera equipment?” We wanted to make a miniature light that would be the most powerful, versatile and useful the world has ever seen. Thus the Lume Cube was born.
We need your backing to manufacture the first batch of Lume Cubes. For decades we’ve been developing products, and Lume Cube is our most exciting to date. We have our molding. We have our tooling. We’re set to ship within 90 days. The only problem: production is a huge expense. If you like what you see, show us some love and pledge whatever amount you can to make Lume Cube a reality.
Here's the current state of Affairs...
- Prototype is in hand and fully functional
- iPhone App is fully functional
- Manufacturing is in Place - Just need your help for the first run!
- Colored sleeves printed and in hand, exploring more options
- Estimated Delivery February 2015
Lume Cube has created a buzz
We're ecstatic with how well received this project has been thus far. Since we launched, Lume Cube has been featured by countless media sources, including but not limited to the fine folks listed below. Thank You All for your support and help in spreading the word. Together, we'll make Lume Cube a reality.
Can you help spread the word further? Share this page socially with your friends or feel free to access our press kit, accessible from the footer of our website.
Mornee Sherry is our Innovator, visionary and go-to-market maven. He has helped grow and sell two photographic software companies, the most recent being Nik Software, which sold to Google.
Matt Cummins has successfully introduced dozens of products to market over 15 years Product Development. His most recent accomplishments are leading the development of Apple’s Best of 2013 Photographic App, Intensify and leading several of Nik Software's award-winning products.
Riley Stricklin is the young buck that helps tie up the loose ends and keeps the fire burning. You’re the man, Riley!
We are so excited to bring the Lume Cube to photographers and videographers around the world that we are frothing to get started. But we need your help to Manufacture the first batch of Lume Cubes and put the final touches to make sure the Lume Cube meets all expectations. The funding you help provide will pay for the tooling, packaging design and manufacturing. Please join us and help "Shed a 'Little Light' on Life".
Cheers and thanks for the support!
Team Lume Cube
More to come...
Thanks To Our Partners
Thanks to an original design by JOBY®, we’re able to offer you a sweet Micro Tripod to mount your Lume Cube. With this super portable Micro Tripod, you can direct the Lume Cube’s light wherever you need it. Right now this kit is only available through Kickstarter, so be sure to back us and take advantage of this extra gift.
Where would we be without a badass team of thinkers, designers, videographers and mobile photography fanatics? Magnetic is our creative arm and advertising partner. These guys are responsible for our videos, website and social media presence. Big ups to Mag for their dedication and imagination! Check them out at: magneticcreative.com
Risks and challenges
As with many Kickstarter projects, meeting manufacturing and shipping deadlines while maintaining peak quality control will be our most critical task.
Fortunately, we have 40 combined years of experience bringing products to market in the U.S. and overseas, and a wealth of business and manufacturing knowledge. We’re also privileged to have a strong support team of industry professionals and the smartest, most understanding wives on the planet.
With your backing, we’re confident we can make the Lume Cube a huge success.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)