Blind Tea Tasting is a guessing game for your sense of flavor. It is a fun, casual and a non-intimidating way to learn to pay attention to, recognize, and appreciate different tastes and aromas.
You can play it by yourself, or have a fun tea time with friends and family. If you are new to tea, you can guess the tastes and aromas using the tasting wheel, and if you are a tea connoisseur, you can guess the teas and their origins, all while refining your palette even further and discovering unique new teas and tea cultures.
We at Story of My Tea tried to create a beautiful, exciting and mindful experience with tea, for about the price of Netflix. Don't miss it.
Also, makes an excellent gift for a tea drinker. You and your loved ones can get the same teas and taste them together no matter where you are in the world.
In The Box:
Blind tea tasting is going to be a monthly subscription. Each month you get:
- Four Specialty Loose Leaf Teas in a mystery packaging. Each one makes 3-4 cups of tea.
- A tea tasting wheel for help with tasting
- Reveal cards
- Optional tea filters
What You Can Do With It:
Tea Tasting Ebook and Launch Contest:
If you want to learn more about flavor, check out this quick-read ebook we put together.
All backers get the ebook for free (stretch goal unlocked). You can also find it in our launch contest:
- To celebrate our launch, we are doing a huge launch contest.
- Enter it and share about us using the inbuilt tasks to help us spread the word, and we will send you a copy of this ebook.
- You can also win teaware from five cultures. You don't have to back us to be a part of this contest. All tea lovers are welcome.
How We Do It:
- When the project is successful, we send you a link to set your tea preferences
- Each month, we work with individual farmers as well as other specialty and boutique tea stores to bring you unique tea from different cultures and regions of the world
- We try to send you teas you may like from a varying list of teas each month based on your preferences, using good old-fashioned empathy
You Must Be Wondering:
Why such a low price?
We really enjoyed creating this game and the response from our initial customers was terrific. So as part of this Kickstarter, we want to make this experience available to as many people as possible. For this we are cutting costs with some of our suppliers and cut our profits to make it available at a great price. The regular price of the subscription would be $19 /mo.
What kind of teas do I get?
You can choose your preferences to get:
- Straight Camellia Sinensis Teas
- Camellia Sinensis Blends
- Herbal Blends
- Or any combination of them
Can I purchase the teas I fall in love with?
Yes you can purchase them from us or from the respective vendors. This information will be available to you with the teas.
What People Are Saying:
These are reviews from people who purchased it during the time we test launched the product.
"It was very enjoyable. I ended up having several friends (with very different preferences) over to enjoy it with me. Their reactions were priceless and having a wide variety for only 5 teas was great. The sizing of the samples was plenty even for having several people participate." - Ashley Rahn
"I think the blind tasting was a great idea, and I enjoyed it a lot! Of the four samples, I correctly identified the style of 3 (two shou pu-erh, one darjeeling), but I was a bit surprised to discover the fourth was an oolong (brandy oolong), not a black tea." - Derek Breid
"I like the concept, the packaging, the gamification of tea :) I also really like finding out about the teas. Where they come from, how it’s picked and prepared, any historical tidbits about it. I think that’s a great touch you don’t see often." - Stephanie DeGuire
"I absolutely loved it! I'm new to the world of tea, and I am exploring. I also have always strongly disliked tea, so I'm prone to assuming the worst. When this came along, it forced me to enjoy the experience of the tea fully, and THEN make up my mind." - George Beecher
"We loved the Blind Tea tasting. It was fun to watch my friends smell it and then try to describe it." - Stephanie Snell
"I was very excited about the blind tea tasting and it was a fantastic experience. I always enjoy the authenticity you get when reviewing something blind." - Travis Searls
"Would rate it 10/10. I did it for a little event for mostly non-tea people and everyone loved it! QR codes are a nice touch. Please do more!" - Eric Rafla-Yuan
What You Get:
The Rewards are Simple and Shipping is free in the US.
The Blind Tea Tasting Monthly Pack:
1 Months - $14; After Kickstarter $19
- 3 Months - Early Bird $36; Regular $42; After Kickstarter $57
- 6 Months - Early Bird $66; Regular $84; After Kickstarter $114
International Value Pack:
- 14 Blind Tea Tasting pouches in a lightweight packaging
- all in one shipment
- free International Shipping
- All together - $45
We want to grow and connect a community of people who are into taste, tea and cultures, and Kickstarter is the best way to do it. We are also looking forward to expand our current operations, hire some help, and fund the development of out tea app with the money we raise as part of this Kickstarter.
- Reach 100 Backers (unlocked) - All backers get a free pdf of our tea tasting ebook.
- Reach $5000 (unlocked) - Twin Gift Pack Add-On - You can add another reward as a gift to someone. We will send y'all the same set of teas so you can blind taste, discuss and compare, no matter how far away you both are.
- Reach $10,000 (unlocked) - Extra month Add-On for US based backers - $11 (Up to 3 months)
Reach $15,000 - All backers with 3 and 6 month rewards get an extra tea in their first box.
Who likes terrible products? Nobody! If you are not satisfied with our teas, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will either make it up for you or return your hard earned money.
- 08/24 to 09/21 Kickstarter
- 09/19 to 10/20 Scaling our Packaging and Shipping operations
- 10/20 to 10/31 Ready to ship first Month
- November - Rewards hit the roads
WHO WE ARE:
Hi, I am Harideep Kalaveena, and I believe that tea is one of the best forms of self care. After travelling the country for a couple years, helping improve healthcare through IT projects, I took a break to pursue my passion - Cultures, people, creating beautiful experiences, and tea.
I am joined by my friend, Mara Martinez. A supply chain wizard and an art lover who wants to be successful in life only so she can better contribute to the environment. She likes to build sustainable businesses and loves helping entrepreneurs, and connecting people.
Risks and challenges
Creating this experience involves working with multiple suppliers and packaging operations. We have already tested these and have a plan together. The biggest challenge for us would be to scale our capacity if the project is very successful. Now, we are hoping and expecting a large success for the project and have planned to hire extra help where necessary. To prevent complications and delays with this project, we are keeping our rewards straight forward and simple. If there is a larger than what we can respond to, we might be delayed by a month. However, we believe we are well planned and are looking forward to being on schedule.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (26 days)