Stretch Goal: £2000
Thank you to everyone who has backed us so far and has shown interest in our work, it has really warmed the cockles of our hearts! Thanks to your help we are now less than 10% away from reaching our funding goal! We weren’t expecting this to happen so soon!
The original goal covers all the basics that we need to make the film but anything extra helps to make this project that bit better.
We have decided that with an extra £500 we would be able to purchase a tripod which we are in dire need of and equipment to help improve the lighting on this film.
- C stand
Tripod (+ sandbags)
The tripod that we used on the test shot wobbles far too easily, it was a bit of a nightmare to animate. So we could really do with a nice sturdy tripod that takes the weight of the camera and some sandbags to make sure it’s weighed down so we don’t knock it at all.
The polyboard would be very useful to improve the lighting, it would not only give us the effect of an extra light but would also allow us to get light to the darker areas of the set without it looking too harsh.
C stand + clamps
The C stand and clamps are to hold the poly board and also would allow us to use a gobo and to animate it. This is something that breaks up the light and makes it look a lot more interesting. We did this for the shadow of clouds in Electreecity with a simple piece of cardboard with holes pierced in it, clamped to a C stand in front of the light. We moved the C stand slightly a frame at a time to create the effect of clouds going by.
Thank you all again for your support in helping to fund Monsterous Murders :) Here are two more reference boards that we have put together. Now we are ready to start designing!