Seekers of Orion - Boardgame by Relic Star Games
Seekers of Orion is a strategic board game meant for 2-5 players. Players fight over star points, resources and use strategy to win!
In legends told, there are epic battles for control over Orion’s belt. Whoever controls Orion's Belt controls the system. No one knows where these stories originated, or why the wars were waged. All that remains is the legends of battles themselves. With the recent discovery of the super rare element OA-12 in the Orion System, pirates and mercenaries are streaming to the system in hopes of cashing in. Only the best will succeed in mining the element, as its only found in the hearts of the stars, not the planets that orbit them. With so many people pursuing OA-12, it's only a matter of time before the legends will be relived. Whoever controls Orion’s Belt, controls the stars!
Seekers of Orion is a board-game for 2-5 players.
- Harvest Resources to buy cards, trade with other players, or pay them to take out your dirty work!
- Missions! - Players are given unique missions that when completed, provide resources, crew members and items that can help swing the battle your way!
- High Replayability! With Plenty of Room for Expansions!
- IOS and Android App coming soon for free! It will allow players to use a resource counter, dice roller and a portable rule-book.
- Unique Pilots, Ships and Decks!
- Risk Style Combat - Conquer your enemies!
Kickstarter is a wonderful platform that allows more exposure to our game. We firmly believe in the community that is here and love all the support we see in other projects. The goal by using kickstarter is to get a foundation for future projects that people will support.
Welcome to Seekers of Orion! The concept is simple. Pilot's will move around the game board to harvest resources, capture points and take out pilots and other crew members to control the stars!
- Select a pilot. There are 5 to chose from! See Pilot Card Overview below!
- Divvy the cards into their respective piles (200 Card Stack of Items, Crew Members and a Missions Card Stack for only Missions.)
- Each player gets dealt 3 cards from the main Seekers Deck.
- Roll Seeker Dice to see who goes first.
During a round - Players can do the following
Players are allowed to perform 1 Action and 2 Minor Actions per turn. Below are considered actions
- Harvest - A player rolls 2 seekers dice and half the total. Use cards and abilities to help increase the amount of dice you can roll and the resources you harvest!
- Attack - Players and Crew members are allowed to attack each other during this phase.
- Purchase Cards - Cards cost all players 4 resources to purchase. and are only purchased from the main Seekers Deck.
- Seat Crew Members - All players are allowed to "Seat" 2 Crew Members. Seating means placing the card next to your pilot card as if they were co-pilots. Some Crew Members provide bonuses while others are there to free up your hand for some newer cards.
- Equipping Ship Upgrade Cards - A Pilots "Upgrade" stat will tell you how many Ship Upgrades you are allowed to have equipped.
These are considered minor actions
- Movement - Players are allowed to move a maximum of their "Move" stat.
- Picking up Crew Members - Simply retrieving a crew member by taking the players token OFF of the start point and place the Crew Member Card back in hand.
Turn Order Steps
- Upkeep - Players may Repair or Harvest here. These are both Actions.
- Main Phase - Players are allowed to perform all other actions and non actions during this phase.
- Combat - Crew members and Players are allowed to attack.
- Damage - Damage is exchange hit for hit. Meaning if an Attack has an attack roll (Attack Icon is a Missile*) of 3, and a defending crew member or pilot only rolls a defense roll (Defense is the Shield Icon*) a result of 2. The defending player takes a point of damage. Crew members only have a base defense of 1 unless otherwise noted.
- Post Damage - Any Special Abilities activate or trigger are used at this time.
- End Turn - A player ends his or her turn and passes to the right (counterclock wise)
Pilot Card Overview - Meet the Pilot's and their Ships!
All pilots have base stats for attacking, defending, moving, how many cards you can hold in your hand, how much it costs to repair and how many upgrade cards you can have "equipped." Each Pilot also has an ability that can be triggered once a game. Use this to your advantage!
All pilots can move. Crew members can't unless a card allows them to, however there are many other beneficial things crew members can give (more seeker dice when harvesting, attacking, defending, storage, the list goes on!) Each pilots "Move" tells how many spaces you can travel. However, there are many ways to travel in space!
Harvesting requires a pilot to be ON a Star point. Such as seen in the image below. Star Point Meissa has 5 resources available. To harvest, roll 2 seeker die and half the total.
All resources refresh after a few rounds. This depends on the amount of people playing the game. The more people, the less time it takes.
Attacking a crew member or a pilot is as simple as being within range. All players can simply attack when they are on the same star point as another pilot. Cards that provide further range will allow players to attack another crew/pilot if they are not on the same point. Dealing damage happens when a player fails to roll enough defense to prevent any damage to the ship.
Cards - Items, Crew, Ship Upgrades
A vital part of any pilot's arsenal are good crew members you hire as well as all those fancy upgrades you can get for your ship!
Crew Members are used to "Station" at any star point to allow you to control more than one point. They can also be seated in your pilots Ship (up to 2 per pilot.) A seated crew member may provide bonuses for you.
Every backer is important to us, regardless of location, but the reality is that shipping and sales taxes are very expensive and is a cost we all need to share. To offset this, while remaining fiscally responsible, I have attempted to lower the shipping prices as much as possible, but there is no free shipping. Shipping & Taxes charges will be added after Kickstarter ends, every backer will be responsible for paying these fees in the pledge manager after the campaign ends. Please pay attention to these costs while making a pledge.
Risks and challenges
Seekers is created and ready! Our risks include being awesome and getting every single order out to our backers when they are promised it!
But in all seriousness, this is my second campaign, I learned a lot from the first one and am ready to succeed on my second one. But thats not possible without you great folks!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)