About this project
- DISCOVER ESTEREN: Download the PDF of Book 0 Prologue for free on DrivethruRPG here!
- STARTER PACK: New batch of "Varigal RELOAD" & "High Varigal RELOAD" reward tier: Check out and grab one of this starter pack at a good price!
- COMPLETE COLLECTION: Get the complete collection with the OSTA-BAILLE Collector level! Learn more here.
- FOR THE FRENCH: Participez à cette campagne avec les contreparties GRENOUILLE et GROSSE GRENOUILLE DE FARL ! Tout d'abord, voici une FAQ qui répondra à vos questions ! Pour réserver votre édition limitée du Livre 2 Voyages, du Livre 3 Dearg ou du Livre 0 Prologue, lisez cet article !
- MINIATURES ONLY: You love minis? The TUATH MONK reward tier is for you: get all 4 Esteren minis. 35mm, resin, limited edition, sculpted by R. Chaudon & V. Zak. Learn more here.
- BOARD GAME ONLY: This campaign offers the first board game in the world of Shadows of Esteren. The BLACK ROSE reward tier includes the board game only! Learn more here.
- VETERAN: The FARL COLLECTOR is for you: you will get the new book "Monastery of Tuath" in Limited edition + all the stretch goals unlocked. If you want only the standard edition, choose the Tri-Kazelian reward tier.
Welcome to the new Kickstarter campaign dedicated to Shadows of Esteren! Whether long-time fan or newcomer, you are certain to find something to satisfy you!
The veterans will be pleased to see the new supplement “The Monastery of Tuath,” featuring a Limited Edition with a nice amount of additional content that will be financed by this campaign. And for those who are new to Shadows of Esteren, we have designed packages that will get you started on your adventure!
Summary of Pledges and Options
Here is a spreadsheet summing up the contents of all the pledges and options available (click to download the xls file - Last update: April, 2th).
PDF KS's guide for items and options
Also, you can check this PDF KS's guide for items and options to learn more about each items: http://esteren.org/shadows_of_esteren/ks4/Esteren_Tuath_KS_guide_Items_Options.pdf
Shadows of Esteren is a medieval role-playing game with a horrific and gothic influence. Drawing inspiration from Celtic myths, this universe has a discreetly fantastic side hidden under a bleak, realistic surface. This world is populated with humans who have to struggle through tough daily lives, while facing a supernatural threat lurking in the dark. With the focus of its adventures being investigation and survival, Shadows of Esteren favors an immersive mood and interaction among the Players.
This particular atmosphere is drawn from several sources of inspiration: the harshness and romanticism of Mel Gibson’s Braveheart; the universes of Tim Burton, particularly that of Sleepy Hollow; Hayao Miyazaki’s Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and Princess Mononoke; as well as Berserk, the manga by Kentaro Miura.
We have had the honor of seeing our work recognized with many awards, including three ENnies in 2013: Best Art (Gold), Best Production Value (Gold), and Product of the Year (Silver).
You can discover Esteren through the PDF of Book 0 Prologue, freely downloadable here. It contains an introduction to the universe, a summary of the system, 6 premade characters, and three scenarios. Making this PDF available to you was made possible thanks to the involvement of the backers of Shadows of Esteren. Kudos to them!
Here is another trailer for Esteren:
Tuath is the fourth book of the Shadows of Esteren series. It is focused on the Temple faction and features a large investigation scenario inspired by The Name of the Rose, as well as several game aids.
Contents of the Limited Edition include:
- The Limited Edition of the book: 50 color pages, stamped and numbered, hard black cover with embossing. This edition is limited to 600 copies and will only be available for this Kickstarter campaign, as well as during special events.
- Printed game aids: clue cards, suspect cards, map of the monastery, summary of the scenario, chronology of the scenario, summary of the clues, documents for the Players, etc.
- Daernic miniature: 35mm, resin, limited edition, sculpted by Roberto Chaudon.
- The Black Rose board game (former temporary name: "DEDUCTION") : The Black Rose is the first board game set in the Shadows of Esteren universe. Taking place in the same setting as the official scenario Vengeful Words, written by Nelyhann, it is a 3- to 5-Player game, somewhere between Werewolf and Clue. Black Rose is short and simple, putting the emphasis on interaction between the Players. Unmask the culprit before it’s too late!
- Joris miniature (#1 Stretch Goal): 35mm, resin, limited edition, sculpted by Roberto Chaudon.
- Esteren Concert DVD (# 4 Stretch Goal): On November 30th 2013, a classical orchestra performed in Lyon, France. We will finance a proper audio mix and video montage and send you a DVD of this concert (Farl Collector tier and above). The DVD also includes the private concert for the upcoming thir album RISE.
- Set of Artworks (# 6 Stretch Goal) : We will select 5 illustrations from the Monastery of Tuath and make physical prints of them. This set of 5 artworks will be delivered in a black folder. A great game aid to put your players in the mood!
- + Access to all further stretch goals unlocked...
Here is the cover for the Limited Edition, the Kickstarter Special Edition and the one for the Standard Edition:
When you reach a new stretch goal, it finances additional content for the series or unlocks other types of bonuses. For this fourth campaign, you will follow Joris as he makes his pilgrimage toward the Gwidrite capital city, Ard-Amrach. Here is the list of the steps:
First, here is a spreadsheet summing up what each pledge gives you access to. It also gathers all the options available. The file is intended to be read with Excel or OpenOffice.
Below, you will find images summing up each pledge:
In addition to your basic rewards, you can get one or more options by adding the corresponding amount to your pledge. A small flag shows the language the delivered item will be in.
Click to enlarge
Also, you can get more DAOLS as an option:
[IN FRENCH – About the « Grenouille de Farl » pledge]
La contrepartie Grenouille de Farl est la bonne occasion de réserver un exemplaire des éditions limitées des Livres 2 Voyages, 3 Dearg et 0 Prologue si vous avez raté les souscriptions Ulule !
Pour accéder à ces options, choisissez la contrepartie « Grenouille de Farl » et ajoutez simplement le montant sélectionné à votre participation. Pour cela, cliquez sur le bouton « manage your pledge » et ajoutez la somme adéquate à votre participation actuelle. N’oubliez pas d’inclure les frais de port éventuels.
Et voici des images qui récapitulent le contenu de chaque édition limitée. Profitez-en, c’est sans doute l’une des dernières occasions de l’obtenir !
This very limited offer will give you the opportunity to get an original drawing (around 8 inches x 6 inches on fine art paper) made by Gawain. You will receive this unique piece of art with your reward. You can give Gawain a key word for your illustration, for example, “warrior” “landscape” or "feond", etc. With this pledge, you can help an artist live off his art! Thank you!
Here is an example:
Esteren is also a cross-media project with other forms besides the role-playing game. Two original soundtracks have been designed, with a third one currently in the works. Here are one sample from each album:
Check our Soundcloud page here: https://soundcloud.com/esteren
The visual atmosphere of Shadows of Esteren is a very important aspect of the project. Since 2012, Esteren has won three awards for its illustrations, including a Gold ENnie in 2013!
A team of 8 illustrators is involved in the Shadows of Esteren series. To optimize the atmosphere during gaming sessions, we design the illustrations to bring meaningful support to the imaginations of the Leaders and Players.
Here are a few samples:
The community around Shadows of Esteren has quickly become a very important aspect of the project. People of the community gather on the website : http://www.esteren.org/forum/
The forum has a French section, an English one and now a Spanish one! Do not hesitate to register, introduce yourself, and participate! The community and the game's team will be happy to welcome you and answer your questions.
Thank you for reading to the end!
Risks and challenges
Tuath is our fourth campaign dedicated to Shadows of Esteren. The first three taught us many things: the danger of overambitious stretch goals that can slow down the whole process; the complexities of having the rewards manufactured and delivered (we reached more than 900 backers during the third campaign... that's a lot of people to take care of!) This means investing even more time and energy than making the best possible books already requires.
We have worked a lot in 2013 to prepare additional content for this edition of the Monastery of Tuath, because our goal is to offer the most gorgeous edition and the most thrilling stretch goals possible! And you can rest assured that we will not slack off on quality and delivery times. Wish us luck!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (50 days)