Who is Greenbelly for?
- Traveler. Looking for a quick and healthy meal. On a roadtrip or stuck in the airport.
- Athlete. Needing fuel for endurance training. Cycling, running, climbing, anything.
- Adventurer. Wanting something light and compact for the backcountry trails.
- Executives. Working through lunch and no kitchen in sight.
Not like a protein bar that is crammed with protein, but lacking calories. Nor like a hamburger that is loaded with fat, but missing fiber. A Greenbelly meal provides nearly 3X as much food as the average protein bar. We wanted this baby to fill you up like a properly balanced meal does. So we focused on six core nutrients:
Lets talk about savings.
- Save time. By the time you get out that stove or make your sandwich, you could have already eaten lunch. And forget those dishes.
- Save money. Dehydrated meal - $1.70/ oz, Protein Bar - $1.30/ oz, Greenbelly - less than $1.00/ oz.
- Save space. Compact and stackable for your car console or the top of your pack or your cycling jersey.
- Save weight. At 5.6 oz, it is comparable to a dehydrated meal - except it doesn't require lugging around heavy water or a stove or a pot or utensils... or anything really.
How do these things taste?
We spent months working with a food scientist and French trained chef on the nutritional content and flavor profiles. We handed out hundreds of samples and tweeked and retweeked our formula until it was just right. Large chunks of wholesome ingredients, nothing blended or pureed. These meals are not only balanced but taste awesome.
Why we need you.
It's been an amazing few months since launching in August 2014. Since then, we have gained loyal customers in 47 states (come on SD, WV and DE!!) and received great reviews by some of the most respected in the industry. We need help with...
- Living. Hi, my name is Chris and I live with my parents.
- Scaling. A larger facility to produce larger batches.
- Packaging. Three main improvements. 1) Zip seal. We want to have a zip seal on our pouches to preserve freshness after opening. 2) Biodegradable. We want our packaging to be more environmentally friendly. 3) Labels. The front and back stickers are time consuming to put on, don't look sexy and create a lot of wasted paper.
about the founder.
Risks and challenges
Manufacturing: Everything is currently made in small batches and labeled by hand. Maintaining the integrity of our wholesome ingredients is the goal - i.e. we don't want to crush everything into a puree! We have a 98.9% chance of success unless, of course, something unexpected happens, like an alien invasion. Our manufacturing options will improve based on how much we raise. All we need is you!
Fulfillment: There are inherent complexities with shipping from Kickstarter. However, we have planned and planned and are ready to rock n roll.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)