I thought I would start with the practical stuff first:
Physical Rewards:If you backed at the physical rewards tiers ($45 and up) and your address has changed since you sent back the questionnaire survey - please send us a note, message etc so we can update your address before sending out the rewards.
Yes we're sending out the physical rewards shortly!
Certification:We are in the cert process with Sony and Microsoft. Getting a game to the consoles is a complex process, they have a million, well maybe a few thousand checks that need to be in place for the game to pass cert on each respective console - we've been in a couple of times, got a load of fixes and checks finished, and will be submitting again a final build this Friday and Monday (for each console). The final build means the game will contain all translations and age ratings certifications, it doesn't mean it will pass, but it will be the closest we've got. In terms of translations/age ratings we had been trying to get all this done on our own but getting friends and family to do all the translations and the costs involved in the age ratings was just too high for us to do alone, but just at the right time we got the help that we needed, from a new publisher, GameMill.
About 1 month ago, we were able to switch publishers and started working with GameMill. This has been a huge help, they got all the translations done, and helped get the game through a number of ratings systems (which is quite complex and expensive!). Most importantly we have worked out a marketing strategy with them and the marketing company they are working with.
We're discussing this with Sony, Microsoft, GameMill and the marketing company - When we get the game through cert, we'll work out a definite release date and we'll let you know as soon as we do.
I just wanted to do a quick breakdown of why this game has taken so long and explain some of the turns we have made and where it got delayed.
After the kickstarter:
- Ported to OpenGL (Steam Early Access) Aug 2013 - May 2014 from Directx 9 (Xbox 360) - We were 'Informed' this would be a platform to do all the ports quickly and simply, this was not the case and on retrospect was a big detour - 9 months port to Open GL and Steam early access.
- Steam Bug fixing May 2014 - Aug 2014 (There were a lot of bugs and especially compatibility bugs, we got it cleaner but it still didn't work on many configurations)
- Porting back to Directx 11 for the Xbox One, Aug 2014 - Feb 2015 (Huge full port back to Directx)
- Porting to the PS4 Feb 2015 - July 2015 (Big port, completely new libraries, not Directx or OpenGL, by then Damon was familiar with the process, this was the quickest port so far)
- Cert for Xbox One and PS4 July 2015 - Oct 2015 (Actually quite a complex process in itself)
On retrospect we should have gone straight to the consoles and then when that was done we could have fairly easily brought this to steam.
Thanks for your patience - as soon as we have a launch date, we will let you know, but in the meantime we are sending out the rewards in the coming weeks.