MotOO Linux Build!
This update brought to you by Christian Plummer, our intrepid engineer.
Hey all! The reconstruction of our Linux build slave happened to coincide with the 14.04 LTS release of Ubuntu. So I figured "why not?" There's a pretty good chance it'll work with an up to date 13.10, but it's completely untested right now. I recommend using a PS3 controller (getting an Xbox controller to work is possible, but annoying). There is a simple controller mapper in the game, but if you want to try your hand at a more complex mapping or tweak your graphics settings then you can find the config files at ~/.config/C4-Engine/
Things to tweak (for better performance):
- Change displaySamples from 4 to 1
- Reduce your displayHeight and displayWidth (the default is 1920x1080)
- Change textureDetailLevel from 0 to 2
- Change postGlowBloom from 1 to 0
Note: The zipped build is hosted on Google Drive. The zip file is publicly available. If Google is telling you that you don't have permission to access the file, you might be logged into some private/corporate Google/Gmail account...so just temporarily log out of that account.
Linux System Requirements:
- Ubuntu 14.04 64bit (is officially supported. Other 64bit flavors of Linux might work?)
- Dual Analogue Controller.
- Video Card with 512 MB RAM (Nvidia hardware starting with the GeForce 8x00 series and all AMD hardware starting with the Radeon HD 2x00 series. Also runs on Intel Ivy Bridge GPUs and later, but at lower performance).
- **An Intel HD graphics cards will not work**
- CPU - 3.0 GHz Dual Core processor
- System RAM - 1 GB
- Free Disk Space - 674 MB